Instruments in GW 2

mowljo.2376

Hey guys this is my first post in this forum :)

I bought yesterday the harp and im blown away with all the titles this thing have and how awesome it is to just stand around and make music, sometimes people join or sit down. Its great that there are things in this game that break the routine of people or yourself and let you enjoy yourself, im in love with it.

So what i noticed is that all the sounds besides the harp and the Lute have a weird sound to it, nothing that is really pleaseant to the ear. But the Lute is also very quiet somehow.Why is that?

I just wanted to ask if we maybe could get a sound overhaul for the couple instruments so there is more variety to choose from. I would love to play the horn besides a world boss just for the fun and the extra heroic feeling. I would love to play the Lute if it just was a bit louder and had a bit more pleasant sound to it.Just an idea, what do you guys think?

Yes. Most people with instruments just make noise. Loving music does not equate to loving a kazoo in the hands of a 6 year old. I seriously doubt there is a mechanism to make them not annoying to most people given the simple command inputs available. The only time I have seen game instruments capable of more than noise was the extensive "flourish" system in SWG, and that still took use of multiple macros to pull off.

Yeah I just enjoy playing the popular songs on my harp, and even then you need to find the right ones to make it sound good.There is somehow a system that prevents you from playing to fast or something.But taking a couple of new sounds or hriring someone do to so isnt so expensive if you compare it to the price of the instruments.Its good to have a option to turn it off for people that get annoyed but in my playtime I actually never seen anyone with a instrument :(

@Oglaf.1074 said:As the owner of the Bass Guitar, I'd very much love it for them to record an actual bass guitar rather than a keyboard set to the bass guitar setting as it currently is.

But I wouldn't hold out hope on that ever happening.

This is jarring as all hell. I was hyped for the bass-guitar, but when I heard it I just... Ugh.That's what I get for not doing my research.

@"Teofa Tsavo.9863" said:Yes. Most people with instruments just make noise.It wasn't ever "most". It just took 1-2 constantly plinking rather than playing to spoil it for everyone. For the same reason, I have /emotes turned off in /chat.

When I re-enable, I feel that about 50% of musicians do some great stuff; 40% are trying to do well and don't bother me at all; and it's just 10% or fewer who are griefing. And for me, it's not worth it to have instruments on; those 10% show up all the time, whereas the talented folks aren't around as often.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Teofa Tsavo.9863" said:Yes. Most people with instruments just make noise.It wasn't ever "most". It just took 1-2 constantly plinking rather than playing to spoil it for everyone. For the same reason, I have /emotes turned off in /chat.

When I re-enable, I feel that about 50% of musicians do some great stuff; 40% are trying to do well and don't bother me at all; and it's just 10% or fewer who are griefing. And for me, it's not worth it to have instruments on; those 10% show up all the time, whereas the talented folks aren't around as often.

Perhaps so. It's just that intro day of the Soccer Fan Horn is seared upon my very soul.

Archived