Getting sick of A/T + SB condi builds, decent power setups for PvE?

Shonesto.2510

I've been using the A/T + SB core ranger, and switched to condi druid since then. I thought about using a soulbeast, but it's pretty much the same setup except using mainhand dagger in place of axe. I really miss using the greatsword, ranger has some really fun weapon skills for GS.

Are there some power builds out there that perform OK? Ideally soulbeast as that's a spec I haven't played with that much, but it seems like everything in ranger is geared for condi.

@"Shonesto.2510" This is what I am gearing towards, sword+axe could be swapped for greatsword. Power Soulbeast can actually put out some very impressive damage numbers, but is geared more towards bursts rather than sustained DPS. The main tools for this are Whirling Defence on offhand axe, Maul on greatsword, Rapid Fire/Barrage on the longbow and Worldly Impact when in beastmode with a Ferocious pet. This damage is then multiplied by your damage traits, by using Sic 'Em and/or Maul when in beastmode (so the +40% and +25% damage buffs apply to you) and by using One Wolf Pack especially when traited with Leader of the Pack. So for burst-friendly open world and fractal/dungeon content the Soulbeast is a pretty hot pick.

Soulbeasts also have a pretty good sideline in sharing buffs and in retaining boons on themselves. Moa Stance + Dolyak Stance can put out a ton of helpful boons on your allies, and with the +66% boon uptime for 15 seconds you get via Moa Stance you can make an effective boonshare build with only +34% boon duration from gear. Sharing One Wolf Pack gives even more burst damage when you coordinate with your allies and a shared Bear Stance is a really good burst of condition clear. For a power build it's not hard to include some of this support without giving up much damage.

I did most of PoF story on a Sw/W - LB build. Skirmishing with the Sword trait and Nature Magic with the Warhorn trait. The burst is lower in general but it had good consistent damage and evades which then proc Essence of Speed. I ran Runes of Rage for that sweet Fury bonus. Pretty sure I never lost Fury once I was in combat. ^_^Something like this: LINKThe buffed One Wolf Pack might be nice in there with longbow and WH4 but I haven't had the time to test it.

This is the build I have been running if I'm just soloing in open world--nothing too seriously buildcrafty, but the boons and burst are great. I may switch some of the traits around every so often, but for the most part, this is it. Quite a similar build to Sprout's. It's a very self-sufficient build and kills things incredibly fast because of the might stacking from Moa Stance-->WH5-->WHaO-->Merge. The shorter cooldown on WHaO in PvE is really nice because you can refresh the boons that much more often. I'll switch GS to Longbow if I need range, but otherwise I just obliterate stuff up close. WH5 works really well with OWP, as well as the Sword auto attack and merged Smoke Asssault; not so much with GS because of the slow attacks of the weapon not taking advantage of the .25s ICD OWP has (LB shines more than GS here). No condi cleanse on Smokescale, which is my main pet, but if you need them, just merge with your Jacaranda and you're good.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBMhF6kSFoVQsjXwhXglXs4JYO7tA3g7ZFEASY5j2UbstEpPH-jBCBQBnRJo+0HEgTBgRWQgG7HoQ1fwiyPA8EAAA-e

Sword/WH and LBNM/BM/SBeastGo full on boon spam, take moa stance, we heal as one, strength if the pack, siccem and a stunbreak of your liking.Offensive gear with decent boon duration (dont go over 33%, moa stance does the rest.You should solo get 25 stacks might and do decent dmg and some support.

I myself run a hybrid build though. With d/a and s/a. Grieving armor. Viper trinkets and weapons both grieving and viper. I get my 20k dps, 40 stacks of bleed and about 20k whirling defences.its nice for open PvE and rocks in dungeons and early fractals.

Archived