Recreating Coalescence of Ruin

Justine.6351

I can appreciate peoples inability to reliably react to CoR in its current form. By the time you realize its cascading towards you, you will unlikely dodge it. Its flat profile can make this problematic to see in WvW also. It hits hard and so should be properly telegraphed. The other side of the coin is that its pathing is obnoxiously bad at times and travel time often causes it to miss anything with perpendicular travel direction comparative to CoR cascade travel direction.

My idea to improve both sides of this coin is to,

Take revenants downed skill Vengeful Blast as an example and rework it into the new CoR.1200 range ground targeted circular inward cascading attack.3/4 cast time.Cascade 3 pulses over 1.2 seconds.First Strike: damage, 500 (1), radius 300 to 240, 5 targetsSecond Strike: damage, 750 (1.5), radius 240 to 180, 4 targetsThird Strike: damage, 1000 (2), radius 180 to 0, 3 targets

Vengeful Blast vid for anyone who doesn't know what it is,

Did you ever play herald hammer in wvw for example ?Because what you describe in this thread is pure nonsense, this skill is, as of right now, the best source of damage from a herald hammer build. Its designed, as other hammer skills, to hit the enemy backline with the most damage. And this one skill still hitting the frontline.

Please don't request such a thing, and try to understand why you are given specific skills like those.

@ZeZerT.4068 said:Did you ever play herald hammer in wvw for example ?Because what you describe in this thread is pure nonsense, this skill is, as of right now, the best source of damage from a herald hammer build. Its designed, as other hammer skills, to hit the enemy backline with the most damage. And this one skill still hitting the frontline.

Please don't request such a thing, and try to understand why you are given specific skills like those.

Um this would actually increase its range slightly with its cleave hitting upto 1500 units away. But ty for taking the time to read and understand what was written.

@ZeZerT.4068 said:Did you ever play herald hammer in wvw for example ?Because what you describe in this thread is pure nonsense, this skill is, as of right now, the best source of damage from a herald hammer build. Its designed, as other hammer skills, to hit the enemy backline with the most damage. And this one skill still hitting the frontline.

Please watch some of Justine's videos and you'll see that they clearly no what they are talking about.Easily my fav wvw rev to watch and the hammer just makes it even better.

i'd love to see COR hit half the targets i point it at so im on board with a pathing change.

I still don't get why you want a rework on a skill that already works.

i'd love to see COR hit half the targets i point it at so im on board with a pathing change.

This skill worked like that on release, then got nerfed. This skill used to hit 5 targets per impacts, which got reduced to 5 targets for the whole skill; for obvious balance reasons.

@ZeZerT.4068 said:I still don't get why you want a rework on a skill that already works.

This skill worked like that on release, then got nerfed. This skill used to hit 5 targets per impacts, which got reduced to 5 targets for the whole skill; for obvious balance reasons.

@ZeZerT.4068 said:I still don't get why you want a rework on a skill that already works.

Maybe because it isn't working? People can't see the cascade until it's on top of them. The skill has gaps in its cascade and cannot hit people who are even mildly strafing. The skill never was like vengeful blast, idk what you are talking about.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Coalescence_of_Ruin/historyDecember 15, 2015 : the nerf that made this skill hit 5 targets in total instead of 5 per impacts.Never said it was like vengeful blast.

I've never had or heard of any problem regarding this skill before this thread, whether while using the skill, or suffering it.Never noticed any gaps between each impacts, and considering the skill's animation, yeah at 1200 range a moving enemy will likely not be hit.

• 1 month later...

100% against any nerfs to hammer. The main issue that makes hammer so strong right now is pirate ship meta, which is not caused by hammer, but is caused by the overwhelming amount of boon strip making it hard for melee push to happen. Hammer is not particularly great in any other meta besides pirate ship. Fix pirate ship, you fix hammer.

Also zerg wvw meta gameplay is only 1 part of 1/3rd of the entire game. If they were to nerf the hammer specifically, it would become even less useful for every other section of the game where it is either decidedly average or subpar. This includes solo roaming wvw/all of pve/spvp. No need to nerf it simply because it excels in pirate ship zerg meta and only pirate ship zerg meta.

I also have 0 faith in Anet to ONLY nerf it in WvW/give it a good change. Given the revenant track record CoR will get gutted and then it will largely become 100% unusable in spvp/open world/solo roaming. So please don't wish for nerfs or reworks to an already (mostly) functional skill.

Archived