Can we get losing unlinked full servers opened up for a week?

Riba.3271

Theres this issue on EU that there are multiple full servers like Elona Reach, Kodash and Desolation in t4-t5 that havent been open for transfers in at least 10 months.

There are multiple people who would like to transfer back to these servers because they're our home servers but we had to leave because guilds, overstacking etc. And these servers aren't even good, they just have lot of PvE daily people that make the population high.

By opening them up for 1 week like every 2 months, there wouldn't be massive transfers there while allowing people to get to their home server.

Linked servers don't have this issue because people can always transfer to the link.

One week open? Wouldn't be a massive influx of players?

I also don't get the 'home server' comment. You mean get back to the server they joined the game on? Because short of that, no other server would be their 'home' server with the exception of the server they are currently on.

I guess I haven't followed the EU servers, but even the evil Blackgate, the server that kills all dreams, the reason for all ills in WvW, the reason for global warming, has been open more than once in the same 10 month period you say these three servers have been closed.

I find that difficult to believe.

Well thats the situation on EU. we have 5 unlinked servers out of which 4 haven't been open in ages. Baruch Bay [sP] always being open these days being only Spanish speaking server. 3 of these full servers are stuck in t4-t5 because well, I guess it's just hard to stay excited on these servers with same commanders and people all the time while losing matchups even on good weeks.

These servers are in t4-t5, means people transferring to them won't be the typical pug bandvagoners that go to any t1 server such a Blackgate on NA.

And yes, we started on Desolation, and we want to go back to there with 3 of us because it is seriously the only server we like playing at even when losing. Germans have 3 full servers out of 5 possible choices, these 2 servers that are left over are terrible qualitywise. Which means Germans are hurting the most.

Tier 1 servers were the old world, op (with the exception of BG on NA because of their reputation which kept pockets opening and gems ringing). It's linked wars 2 now. Copiously fat linked servers are the new world and they likely have a different population metric. Perhaps the clever devs found a way to optimise wvw to allow for larger numbers of people to fight together (I'm sure I caught a snigger there in whoever is reading this) but links provide everything a fight guild wants. To have new matches so you don't face the same old people day in and out. A chance to be matched with a large server. Anet decides who wins and this is their new business plan. Afterall the goal is to keep pockets opening and serious players satiated. It's a win-win. To everyone but the old world.

@Roxanne.6140 said:Tier 1 servers were the old world, op (with the exception of BG on NA because of their reputation which kept pockets opening and gems ringing). It's linked wars 2 now. Copiously fat linked servers are the new world and they likely have a different population metric. Perhaps the clever devs found a way to optimise wvw to allow for larger numbers of people to fight together (I'm sure I caught a snigger there in whoever is reading this) but links provide everything a fight guild wants. To have new matches so you don't face the same old people day in and out. A chance to be matched with a large server. Anet decides who wins and this is their new business plan. Afterall the goal is to keep pockets opening and serious players satiated. It's a win-win. To everyone but the old world.

This is pay to play and Anet loves ignoring abuses.

@Lunarlife.5128 said:Black Gate got roflstomped by Maguuma if I remember correctly.That would be pretty cool though to open up servers a bit more. The fact that you have no pips for one to two weeks and gain pips 10%-25% slower on the third week is punishing enough.

Oh look : Another BS statement based on Nothing real but his imaginary friend on Maguuma. xDMag get REKT 24/7 for months by BGCheck Millenium and #crymeariver ^^

Maguuma has 18 gold medal on history behind BG (101) - JQ (93) - YB (24) and TC (20). Still Mag brag and it makes everyone giggle. Moreover their KDR is always below BG's in T1. The only server that could brag is YB for getting 3rd place instead of TC back then when they bring weeks of siege bunker spamfest stale fights in T1 which worked out pretty well during 6months : otherwise no other guild server achieved anything valuable for their own server. Leaderboard http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/medals

We, BG fight since game release to get this #1 spot from JQ and finally achieved our goal. BG has server pride and play wvw as intended : our strenght is our ennemies weeknesses : their lack of dedication and organisation : their server's crew and lame useless guilds with no server dedication jumping from a place to another achieving Nothing : and still everyone would blame BG , Anet and its mother instead of themselves for their epic permanent fail to win T1.

We, BG are sorry for the good players that have to deal with these kind of commanders & guilds that instead of putting up fights and bring havoc and fire to win T1, you are instead plagued with leaders that just want to stay in a T2 safe space and tank their own server on purpose. hahaha

@Justine.6351 said:I saw thread title and was thinking "Did blackgate lose the match last week?".

No. But I can see where you would get that lol.

Mag would rather blame their link for their poor KDR and will say the only reason why they are in second is because their link is PPTing.

THEN the REAL. Mag players will leave the server to move to a lower tier because of course, better fights.

@Titan.3472 said:

@Lunarlife.5128 said:Black Gate got roflstomped by Maguuma if I remember correctly.That would be pretty cool though to open up servers a bit more. The fact that you have no pips for one to two weeks and gain pips 10%-25% slower on the third week is punishing enough.

Oh look : Another BS statement based on Nothing real but his imaginary friend on Maguuma. xDMag get REKT 24/7 for months by BGCheck Millenium and #crymeariver ^^

Maguuma has 18 gold medal on history behind BG (101) - JQ (93) - YB (24) and TC (20). Still Mag brag and it makes everyone giggle. Moreover their KDR is always below BG's in T1. The only server that could brag is YB for getting 3rd place instead of TC back then when they bring weeks of siege bunker spamfest stale fights in T1 which worked out pretty well during 6months : otherwise no other guild server achieved anything valuable for their own server. Leaderboard

We, BG fight since game release to get this #1 spot from JQ and finally achieved our goal. BG has server pride and play wvw as intended : our strenght is our ennemies weeknesses : their lack of dedication and organisation : their server's crew and lame useless guilds with no server dedication jumping from a place to another achieving Nothing : and still everyone would blame BG , Anet and its mother instead of themselves for their epic permanent fail to win T1.

We, BG are sorry for the good players that have to deal with these kind of commanders & guilds that instead of putting up fights and bring havoc and fire to win T1, you are instead plagued with leaders that just want to stay in a T2 safe space and tank their own server on purpose. hahaha

Nobody cares....

We just lost 30+ players from Desolation, yet the 'algorithm' thinks it's still Full.In the past we could just tank and open the server to transfers, now it's just completely messed up that any unlinked server is full, while higher Tier servers have at least the link or host open to transfer, wtf?

Anet needs their own devs in WVW, if they even exist anymore, or even watch some streams. Look at what a mess they've made WvW, due to population imbalance, caused by your own linking system. Everything else doesn't matter, apart from Profession balance and the meta in wvw (not 1v1 balance).I don't expect a response from them, when you just see threads that qq about professions, boring 1vnoobs roaming videos and some trolls in the WvW Sub-forums.

It still makes no sense, how unlinked servers can be full, but Anet still won't make a manual adjustment, instead of their ridiculous algorithm.Meanwhile Vabbi + UW are open, Blacktide is the cheapest linked server; while linked with FSP, basically any server in the Top two tiers shouldn't be open or cheap to transfer.

Archived