[SUGGESTION] Add new weapon: battle axes

SkyFierce.2071

I don't see two handed axes being that different from hammer, honestly. What would they add?

With polearms I can agree, but there the problem is Staff is actually being used as a default polearm for some professions. I doubt Anet would want to add another one to a niche they consider already covered.

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:Battleaxe as Hammer skins \○

I'm not convinced this works. I think they need to add new weapon types to the game, and two handed axes would be a high priority alongside polearms.

Next expansion underwater weapons will be add to ground combat.

Trident for healers.Spear for melee dps.Harpoon gun for ranged dps ( probably crossbow skins ).

Or maybe they will just share skins, but I think that we will have some new use for underwater weapons. That’s why i am stacking almost fre precs.

Speculation, ofc, but I bet Ot this.

@lokh.2695 said:Since we can't have Kodan as a playble race, can we have Battleaxes? o.O Doesn't make much sense, does it?

The logic is we want some things new, not just a skin, some thing new playable contents. A new weapon class can give us new play experiences, new build, and new crafting. And I think battleaxes are cool to warrior, guardian, and revenge.

In a game where Hammers and Greatswords can be ranged weapons, you don't need a new weapon class to have a new feel to a class or weapon. Think about it, if you have the money buy the dreamthistle hammer and see if it's not what you would like. The skin looks like a battleaxe and nothing like a hammer.

Warrior is running out of new weapons to use with elite specs. We need something!

I wished for battle axes at launch and at this point I'd settle for new skins for hammer. Double sided battle axe skins have so much potential. Maybe adding cultural skins for norn to buy would be a good thing. Other races could have other cultural weapons. I'm thinking of a Tier 4 of the cultural weapons we currently have that would cost gold like the armor.

Of course some battle axes would have to be on the gem store too. Anet needs to make some profit too.

Archived