Guys is there any new meta for the reaper?

silent killer.5732

pve as in open world? If so, anything goes in open world, low level fractals and dungeons. If you're asking about t4 fractals, cm, and raids, then reapers don't have a a meta build for those. If you want some power builds, https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14939/golem-test have some that you may find useful, if you're looking for condi, then nothing has changed in that regard (other than it's slightly worse due to fewer whirl finishers and lower poison damage).

(EDIT: Assuming you mean "Raid" when you say PvE, because everyone seems to confuse the two on the forums)

If you're not a golem chart psychopath, then Reaper builds will do just fine on raids in a DPS role. The standard Berserker/Scholar/Air/Force/Mighty Infusion build on every single other power build will work on Power Reaper, too. You can run a Hybrid Reaper (Grieving gear, Krait runes, Agony/Air sigils) and pull it off thanks to Decimate Defenses and Deathly Chill. You can even go Condi Reaper (standard Viper gearing). All of those and more will work. As long as you can knock out 14k+ DPS in an actual raid (not on the golem), you're better than half the successful raids' DPS builds.

If you're committed to qT's golem charts, despite everything said by qT to keep players from demanding meta builds/comp, then you're going to want to run Scourge, because the top 1% of players can get more DPS out of a Scourge than they can out of a Reaper. And we're all in the top 1% of players, right? Of course we are.

@mygamingid.5816 said:(EDIT: Assuming you mean "Raid" when you say PvE, because everyone seems to confuse the two on the forums)

If you're not a golem chart psychopath, then Reaper builds will do just fine on raids in a DPS role. The standard Berserker/Scholar/Air/Force/Mighty Infusion build on every single other power build will work on Power Reaper, too. You can run a Hybrid Reaper (Grieving gear, Krait runes, Agony/Air sigils) and pull it off thanks to Decimate Defenses and Deathly Chill. You can even go Condi Reaper (standard Viper gearing). All of those and more will work. As long as you can knock out 14k+ DPS in an actual raid (not on the golem), you're better than half the successful raids' DPS builds.

If you're committed to qT's golem charts, despite everything said by qT to keep players from demanding meta builds/comp, then you're going to want to run Scourge, because the top 1% of players can get more DPS out of a Scourge than they can out of a Reaper. And we're all in the top 1% of players, right? Of course we are.

I would argue that scourge is an easier rotation than reaper, and it's far more forgiving when you make a mistake (in both raid mechanics and your own rotation compared to reaper). Also, power reaper can't use epi, so most fights, you will do more overall damage on scourge even easier. Though I know no one likes to look at overall dps and they mostly care about boss dps, adds do have to die. It really has nothing to do with top 1% of players. So for power reaper to be better than scourge you have to be able to both play power reaper better than you can play scourge, AND be very good at raid mechanics, and not be trying to kill Deimos, cause you can't be in melee range of the boss for about 50% of the boss's hp. I am considering trying out reaper on kc, cause the burst is much higher than scourge.

I also want to say, I do really like power reaper. It's so fun in open world, dungeons, and fractals even. But scourge felt way better than even condi reaper in raids. And I absolutely do not consider myself a top 1% player.

To answer the op:

The changes to reaper weren't good enough to create a "meta" build. The nerf to the condi output brought down the not so great condi reaper build, while the buffs to power ended not being enough to really create a power meta build.

However, the dps of the condi build and the power build, while not meta, allow the reaper to be somehow in the middle of the pack of the dps builds. Still, for optimal raid dps, the reaper stay out of the picture and the poor utility he provide don't help at all.

full zerk with awaken the pain scholar runes, sigil of force. You bring decent power dps to a fight. Reemmeber that condi is king right now for raids so power is automatically going to be lower. You bring tons of CC to fights like KC and samarog. You wont be top of the dps charts but you will contribute and it's not terrible.

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Best for necro: take off theur clothes and then make them to be a storage-char®

give a medal to this man!!!

I can´t do that, I just have invested to much in my reaper to let him down.Well, actually I should finally bury him but as long as I can maintain that corpse called reaper, I will play him till the game ends.

Archived