PvP Legendary Armor Look like Raiding Armor?

Loboling.5293

Hey,

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange that the pvp armor doesn't have a special look? (aka, look like the legendary armor)

I've been working the legendary armor for soon to be 3 seasons. It's not easy to accumulate the components and gold needed to make it. Why is it that they don't get to look like the Legendary armor crafted through raiding?

I've never raided before, so I can't compare the time spent. (I know this is taking many hundreds of hours of pvp at least) Is the PvE Legendary armor so much more of a time/gold sink that it deserves to be separate from the PvP Legendary armor?

I think it really came down to dev time spent. From what they said, a LOT of time went into creating the raid legendary armor and they weren't sure they would make any more sets of legendary armor. So for wvw and pvp, they decided to give the abilities of legendary armor without having to spend the dev time on making special skins.

@Sqwyt.5731 said:Same goes for WvW. However I think the raid legendary armor skin should be only obtainable by raids. Though it would be cool to have an even more upgraded skin on the Glorious Hero's armor & Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor legendary gear.

yeah, just make difference between asce pvp / wvw and legendary... still atleast is there option to make legendary armor for wvw / pvp people.And something like "we dont have time to make legendary skins" , yeah ofc you dont have time when we have all the time new gem outfits :D Point is for better skin they wont get any money like from outfit :)

They were never going to even release legendary armour in pvp or wvw. Legendary armour was meant to only be obtainable from raids as an exclusive reward for doing the hardest content in the game.

Now the community complained about not having alternative methods for people who don't like to pve. Anet then announced skinless legendary gear which would be obtainable through pvp and wvw, having the entire functionality of legendary raid armour but keeping the skins exclusive to raid content.

The main difference between raid and spvp/wvw legendary armor is: skill and organisation required.

Both spvp and wvw legendary armors require nothing but time invested. You can play like the last doofus and you will eventually have your legendary armor. It also requires absolutely 0 organisation or any form of oganized group play. This is even more of an issue with the current state of spvp with matchfixing and the skin farm it has devolved into, not to mention that it makes no sense to aquire legendary armor in spvp which makes 0 use of its stats.

It's also one of the reasons why legendary armor was initially raid only(besides arenanet wanting to push raiding with unique rewards).

As of right now, the legendary skins are raid unique and a reward for overcoming challenges as a group while spvp and wvw offer the same quality of life upgrade legendary armor without the unique skins. That's more than fine.

@Rawr.9467 said:They were never going to even release legendary armour in pvp or wvw. Legendary armour was meant to only be obtainable from raids as an exclusive reward for doing the hardest content in the game.

Now the community complained about not having alternative methods for people who don't like to pve. Anet then announced skinless legendary gear which would be obtainable through pvp and wvw, having the entire functionality of legendary raid armour but keeping the skins exclusive to raid content.

Yeah but u cant final logic like ... wvw ppl complain so they make it legendary, but without skins, still it take too long to obtain and it looks same as asce.

That logic is something like that somebody will tell you that he will cut your hands off, but then u complain, so he will tell you, that he will cut off only one. He will call it compromise.

@Cyninja.2954 said:The main difference between raid and spvp/wvw legendary armor is: skill and organisation required.

Both spvp and wvw legendary armors require nothing but time invested. You can play like the last doofus and you will eventually have your legendary armor. It also requires absolutely 0 organisation or any form of oganized group play. This is even more of an issue with the current state of spvp with matchfixing and the skin farm it has devolved into, not to mention that it makes no sense to aquire legendary armor in spvp which makes 0 use of its stats.

It's also one of the reasons why legendary armor was initially raid only(besides arenanet wanting to push raiding with unique rewards).

As of right now, the legendary skins are raid unique and a reward for overcoming challenges as a group while spvp and wvw offer the same quality of life upgrade legendary armor without the unique skins. That's more than fine.

And yet the raid legendary armor is still way, way easier to get than both of the PvP ones.

In truth, the only reason why those two do not have unique skins on the same level as raid one is because Anet's no longer promoting sPvP and WvW is mostly abandoned. They just don't think those two modes are worth the effort.

The Legendary Armor from Raids is a unique look available only from Raids and should stay that way, after all it's the end reward of raiding.Unfortunately creating legendary armor skins is very time sensitive, which means creating more of those isn't going to happen.I wonder if sometime in the future they finally decide to invest some more in their -nearly abandoned- pvp modes and improve those legendary skins.PVP and WVW do not require Mounts and Mount Skins, it's not even required to buy the expansion to play those modes, and Anet seems to be focusing on those Mount sales, unless they change that tactic PVP and WVW will be a second thought.

@intox.6347 said:That logic is something like that somebody will tell you that he will cut your hands off, but then u complain, so he will tell you, that he will cut off only one. He will call it compromise.

Erm no. That's not what they're doing at all. Legendary armour was always intended as an exclusive reward. There was no intention to ever release alternative means of achieving this. However, Anet realised that raids are not for everybody and that a tier of gear should not be locked behind such exclusive content.

This is why they then released the option to get it from PvP and WvW. However, the fact remained that raids required a unique high end reward as this was Anets intention from the start. Thus, they found a middle ground by providing functionality for those that are not interested in the high end content and a special skin reward for those that have managed to complete it.

• 4 months later...

@Cyninja.2954 said:The main difference between raid and spvp/wvw legendary armor is: skill and organisation required.

Must be a PvEEEEer... love the elitist raiders out there. First of all, There are ways to get around the 'nothing but time invested' issue.... for instance, a collection that required you to do something beyond just grinding pvp matches (get in top 250/100/25, get to the finals of a monthly tourney, anet could even put more 'medals' into pvp for double/triple kills or 'close calls')... Point is, there are ways to include skill in the 'journey' to obtaining a legendary pvp set and even include organization if you think that is a mandatory requirement. Personally, I think organization is a waste. The main reason I don't raid is because trying to find 9 other competent players (who aren't kitten hat elitists) among the sea of thousands of PvE players is near impossible.

Secondly, sure pvp players don't need the stats.... but it would be nice to have for that occasional moment when you do want to go join a friend in pve and realize you'd like to have a different stat set.... not that you really needs the extra toughness cause lets be real... you're a pvp player... you can dodge. But again, it would be nice to have. And what about WvW? WvW uses stats... which is just another form of PvP, sooooooo what do you do when you want to go there? Go grind pve until I have the gear? Since I don't play pve should I be handicapped in wvw?... probably... maybe that's how anet balances WvW, pve players get better equipment.... okay I'm going off the rails haha. I don't really care of the stat issue but just a point.

As far as the skin goes... there is no reason pvp/wvw shouldn't get there own unique skins other than anet's man power. DO NOT bring the raid set to pvp/wvw.. we can all agree that would be bad. But make another set. And if pve players want the pvp set... well they better l2p against targets that don't mindlessly make the same attack rotations over and over.

Archived