Question for Anet: Legendary Armor

Hiwi Kiwi.7386

I just wanted to ask if there would be any modification to both the PvP and WvW armor in later updates. AKA: Giving the legendary armor a skin like the PvE one. If there is a topic already about this, please do correct me. What I mean is - I have spent months now collecting the mats and materials for the WvW set. I am not a raider, nor do I really care for raids at the end of the day. I am willing to do them for the armor skin, but i'd rather not if I didn't have to. This is not a lazy statement or complaint, it is a simple question.

Is it currently worth switching from the WvW set, when I am already half way through, to the PvE set just for the skin? I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if, a few months from now, a skin came out for WvW and I stopped doing the WvW itself. Yes, I know, I could make both. But people who have full time jobs and limited time for the game have to have a set notion. I am also not a 'rich player', averaging around 100g always on hand.

I know with PoF coming out, all attention is focused on it - no problem at all. I just wanted some clarification. Perhaps even answering if there is ANY possibility of a skin coming out would be excellent to know.

Again, if not, this is fine. I just would like to get all my eggs in a basket before committing fully to a change. Thank you again for everything you guys do, this game is amazing and I enjoy it to the fullest possible. <3

• Hiwi

@Hiwi Kiwi.7386 said:I just wanted to ask if there would be any modification to both the PvP and WvW armor in later updates. AKA: Giving the legendary armor a skin like the PvE one. If there is a topic already about this, please do correct me. What I mean is - I have spent months now collecting the mats and materials for the WvW set. I am not a raider, nor do I really care for raids at the end of the day. I am willing to do them for the armor skin, but i'd rather not if I didn't have to. This is not a lazy statement or complaint, it is a simple question.

Is it currently worth switching from the WvW set, when I am already half way through, to the PvE set just for the skin? I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if, a few months from now, a skin came out for WvW and I stopped doing the WvW itself. Yes, I know, I could make both. But people who have full time jobs and limited time for the game have to have a set notion. I am also not a 'rich player', averaging around 100g always on hand.

I know with PoF coming out, all attention is focused on it - no problem at all. I just wanted some clarification. Perhaps even answering if there is ANY possibility of a skin coming out would be excellent to know.

Again, if not, this is fine. I just would like to get all my eggs in a basket before committing fully to a change. Thank you again for everything you guys do, this game is amazing and I enjoy it to the fullest possible. <3

• Hiwi

I believe that they wanted to make a PvE legendary armor feel more rewarding then the WvW armor, because it usually require a set of team work when WvW you just run around zerging and sooner or later you'll get the armor.

Thank you everyone for your insightful comments. Yes - I can completely understand what Liberia is saying. I suppose, given time, I could always just make both at some point. Perhaps make the WvW now, then when PoF (eventually!) dies down, put my sights towards raids.

Thanks again everyone, feel free to continue to post your thoughts here. :)

Archived