Soulbeast unblockables and condi spam

Coolguy.8702

Not really.Especially since their burst is incredible predictable and their sustain is not really that high.Power builds eat this, and a mobile class just dances around the traps.Druids heal through their CondiFirebrands have stabilityTempests heal through itRevs burst them before them can get the full burstWarriors put up resistThieves just kite

I can go on and on. It's gimmicky at best.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Not really.Especially since their burst is incredible predictable and their sustain is not really that high.Power builds eat this, and a mobile class just dances around the traps.Druids heal through their CondiFirebrands have stabilityTempests heal through itRevs burst them before them can get the full burstWarriors put up resistThieves just kite

Their burst doesn't solely rely on traps.

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Not really.Especially since their burst is incredible predictable and their sustain is not really that high.Power builds eat this, and a mobile class just dances around the traps.Druids heal through their CondiFirebrands have stabilityTempests heal through itRevs burst them before them can get the full burstWarriors put up resistThieves just kite

What does it rely on?The pet? Nope.The weapons? Nope

It does come from the traps.You are banking to land your spike trap well enough to knock someone up, then immobilize them, and then do your whole Condi rotation quickly before you can get out.

And if they do get out, a quarter of your burst is gone. I suppose with Soulbeast you can control and time the Condi burst a little bit better, but in the end it still relies heavily on the CC of the traps that can easily be avoided or healed through.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:

It does come from the traps.You are banking to land your spike trap well enough to knock someone up, then immobilize them, and then do your whole Condi rotation quickly before you can get out.

And if they do get out, a quarter of your burst is gone. I suppose with Soulbeast you can control and time the Condi burst a little bit better, but in the end it still relies heavily on the CC of the traps that can easily be avoided or healed through.

Soulbeast is a lot different lol.

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:

Point is, it's a gimmick build.

You can try to show me this build five different ways and the set up is the same, no matter if it is regular ranger, soulbeast, or druid.

@"Coolguy.8702" said:Anybody else think its a bit too much? Especially this build, https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Soulbeast_Trapper,

Best way to figure out if a build is indeed OP is to PLAY IT. Don't come here and whine about it. Go try it for yourself.> @Abelisk.4527 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:

No it's not at all.

The traps are on relatively long cd's.You reposition on stealth from trap and you try to bomb people with traps.

If the dmg from traps was power basedand if the traps were equipped like a kitthat would open up utility spotsthen and only then would the build be strong.

the build is trash. but I do worry that maby somebody will make an unblockable condi spam soulbeast. or something better when the other classes are nerfed. bieng a trash build does not justify an overtuned gimmick still.

Each PoF Spec has one or more attributest that are overtuned beyond an acceptable level. be it condi burst, power burst, support or sustain. or all. they are not always noticable because at the moment there is an FOTM wich possess something even more absurd it gets overlooked.

@"santso.9201" said:Honestly, if someone dies to ranger traps, (s)he was afk...build op posted has no dmg or sustain. Like trap ranger died when traps became pbaoe and they added Power dmg to them.

As far as I'm concerned the only valid trap build comes with Ancient seeds + Sharpening stone + poison trap to help stack Sharpening stone quicker and only really works against classes that rely on evading to remove conditions, blocking to remove conditions or having someone around to send conditions too.

Any decent player knows how to counter traps though sadly, just about all classes have a means to do so too.

As for OP: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV8fjEqQNLWuCerAVLWcEM4k6TNryEAmcVumGQmrDA-jpggABAs/wwlBAA (survivalist trapper)

Give that build a shot..... Use sharpening stone before you use Entangle, the ravens from mad king runes should rapidly apply the sharpening stone stacks or if you lay your vipers nest with spike trap and someone hits it.

It's marshall ammy, insane health regen, not the best condi/damage out put but the point of build is to also be supportive to your team rather than being a fully selfish build. You'll be able to almost instantly heal yourself with Celestial avatar 4 combined with troll heal.

Archived