Raid on Palawadan - Red Dagger

I've tried for 4 consecutive attempts to get this achieve sorted. I have the other two ships in the achieve, but the Red Dagger continues to elude me.

People tell me that I really have to do significant damage to the ship, but I've done equal damage and more to the Red Dagger and still no achieve. I tried it using only the canon, taking out ~75% of its health, still no achieve.

Is there some trick to this? Or is it a bug?

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Make sure you actually see numbers so it impacts.

This is probably the reason some people have trouble: there are a lot of places to fire the cannon that don't result in damage. As an alternative, you can use your mount (ideally the griffon) to get to the ship. Attack the mast. One 'swoop' was enough for me to progress the achievement.

7 attempts so far, 7 fails. I can't get this achieve no matter what I've tried.

So, I've gone from hitting just the one ship, to hitting all 3 (in case the achieve is picky like that, I've seen similar happen), to using canons, to assaulting the ship while being on it, to ranging it without canons. None of these have worked, I'll getting serious numbers from them (damage) with EVERY method possible and I'm still no further along.

I've done everything people have suggested so far, and moreso, with no luck at all. I'm calling it a bug and it needs to be fixed.

Archived