Should boons and conditions be limited?

CrimeMaker.8612

The amount of condition spam and boon spam there is in game currently. Do you guys think Arena Net should limit how many boons or conditions a player can have at a time? For example a player willl be limited to 5 boons and conditions. To get new boons older boons needs to get converted and to get new condis older one needs to get cleansed first.

no, sounds like more or less rng wich boons / conditions you will have then. like i play mainly thief when i roam and a guard passes by giving me protection, resistance, stability, swiftness and retaliation for instance then how am i to get my might and fury - i dont even need the other boons and no letting my self get hit by corrupts is not really a valid option.i am all for limiting spamm of boons, aoe dmg being condi or power, healing, blocks, evades etc. but that has to be done by skill/trait changes for wich we need a skill split probably from pve and not the way you propose.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:No. Keep in mind if you do this, it'll also affect PvE play. Unless the separate PvP and PvE updates, that's the price you pay. It's already bad enough what they've done with boons and their durations.

We already have skill split between pve and wvw, i believe we should limit both boon and condition, give both a very hard cap.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@"Crossaber.8934" said:

We already have skill split between pve and wvw,

Source please.

The last patch notes had some of these splits in the class abilities like : "Desert Shroud: Torment stacks per hit have been adjusted from 2 stacks for 4 seconds to 1 stack for 10 seconds in PvE. The PvP and WvW version has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 2 seconds to 1 stack for 5 seconds."

But no on the dropping boons, we already can't manually remove the boons we have and I don't want to worry about some random dropping my prefered boons off during a fight

No, but limiting how many different boons/conditions can guardian/necro give would be better IMO. What I mean by this is nerf skills which pulse/apply stupidly high amount(intensity) of boons/conditions and limit access to certain boons/conditions (guard has access to every boon and necro only lacks source of confusion, excluding corrupting retaliation). Even though both builds excel only in groups and they counter each other very well, it's still too big of a powercreep, especially in spvp.

Limiting amount of boons/condies players can get would make traits and skills which rely on number of boons/condies rather useless. It also adds unnecessary RNG to applying, stripping and corrupting boons/condies.

Archived