What is the best weapon combination for Revenant in 2018?

LightofConduct.1693

I am a sad panda.I'm sitting here, clutching my money, on the fence of buying HoT or PoE or both.I really, really want to play Revenant because I love the visuals. BUT. In the last couple of day I read through about 20 different threads and basically they all come down to the same thing: Renegade is kitten. And not a purring, cuddly, cute one. I want to throw money at Anet but they don't seem to want them.Two years after release the class is still a mess.

@VaeVictus.4950 said:I am a sad panda.I'm sitting here, clutching my money, on the fence of buying HoT or PoE or both.I really, really want to play Revenant because I love the visuals. BUT. In the last couple of day I read through about 20 different threads and basically they all come down to the same thing: Renegade is kitten. And not a purring, cuddly, cute one. I want to throw money at Anet but they don't seem to want them.Two years after release the class is still a mess.

I would buy both, they are worth it believe me.

@LightofConduct.1693 said:

@VaeVictus.4950 said:I am a sad panda.I'm sitting here, clutching my money, on the fence of buying HoT or PoE or both.I really, really want to play Revenant because I love the visuals. BUT. In the last couple of day I read through about 20 different threads and basically they all come down to the same thing: Renegade is kitten. And not a purring, cuddly, cute one. I want to throw money at Anet but they don't seem to want them.Two years after release the class is still a mess.

I would buy both, they are worth it believe me.

Not really. For wvw and pvp Hot (herald) is better than Pof (renegade)

Renegade isn't shit in pve, it's really solid there. In WvW/Pvp it's not amazing, but you can make it work as long as you don't take kalla or shortbow.

The price is right, you can consider buying. You love the visuals, that's a good enough reason to get the Rev.Come on, every class forum is bitching about their own class and how it's underpowered, that's not a surprise if you have any MMO experience.

@serow.6524 said:

The price is right, you can consider buying. You love the visuals, that's a good enough reason to get the Rev.Come on, every class forum is kitten about their own class and how it's underpowered, that's not a surprise if you have any MMO experience.

Not really. I play FB occasionally and my main is guardian. I know the support is over powered and I suggested nerfs to heal scaling and removal of aegis application by ToC skills 1. Surely not all guardian players agree, but the overall view by guardian players is that it is over powered.

I honestly play classes for either the visuals, theme or appeal of the game play. I find rev to be really good on all three fronts. It is performance where it is lacking.

@Justine.6351 said:Hammer/Staff/Shiro is crazy,

LB Ranger/Staff Ele/Acro Daredevil/Warrior Shield & GS mixed together.

I like that as well but am struggling to find a legend to pair it with that I like. I dislike dragon stance,I wasn't able to make Ventari work with my prefered playstyle, Malyx utilities are too expensive with Demonic Defiance and Jallis has an aoe stun breaker with a casting time-this is the most annoying thing about this otherwise solid legend for me.While I don't own pof,I can say I am annoyed that we got a legend full of target-able AoE's.

@Jack Skywalker.5674 said:

I like that as well but am struggling to find a legend to pair it with that I like. I dislike dragon stance,I wasn't able to make Ventari work with my prefered playstyle, Malyx utilities are too expensive with Demonic Defiance and Jallis has an aoe stun breaker with a casting time-this is the most annoying thing about this otherwise solid legend for me.While I don't own pof,I can say I am annoyed that we got a legend full of target-able AoE's.

Glint is good in general.I'd swap it for jalis for zerging, I've even considered core hammer rev shiro/jalis. Problem is that for [sTRM] we don't have an active thief, glass bow or glass mesmer to chase down enemy thieves, glass bow or glass mesmers so I need glint to fight and take those down.

@Justine.6351 said:

Glint is good in general.I'd swap it for jalis for zerging, I've even considered core hammer rev shiro/jalis. Problem is that for [sTRM] we don't have an active thief, glass bow or glass mesmer to chase down enemy thieves, glass bow or glass mesmers so I need glint to fight and take those down.

Like I said in my previous post, I dislike dragon stance (Glint) because I have to hit the utility skill twice to cast it,but I like Revenant weapon skills too much to quit this profesion....unless Arena net can make realistic and cool staff attacks like with Revenant for warrior staff in the possible next expac.

PvP: Glint/Shiro Sword - Axe/sword and Staff. (Meta uses axe) but playing rev in spvp also isnt meta to begin with nowdays.PvE: Condi Renegade takes the meta in terms of raiding/dungeons/fracs Mace-Axe (highest dps benchmark)WvW: Staff-Hammer in terms of zerging (meta)

Archived