Five years later we can finally call this game GUILD wars.

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

I really fail why people keep thinking this is suddenly "guild wars".

Probably the main thing thats gonna happen is small guilds no longer have a fixed place in the community and bigger guilds will bunch together 3-5 at a time in their own little bubble and get zero pug support from the community.

If you think WvW is all about guilds sure. Its all about guilds. We dont need players comfortable in their community.

@Dawdler.8521 said:If you think WvW is all about guilds sure. Its all about guilds. We dont need players comfortable in their community.Every time I see another unskilled and insolent representative of so-called Big Ballz WvW community trying to boss small guild or party of roamers around while they are passing by having fun and flipping objectives, I get extremely salty. But then I realize WvW has no purpose and achieving anything server wise is very temporarily and boring so the upcoming change is very needed, despite it may increase the overly proud blob material.

As someone that did a lot of alliance battles in first game i find the prospect of guild alliances very interesting. As much as people seem terrified about the loss of ¨community¨ having played in old alliances back in the day i find this change very intriguing exactly because of the community potential.

One or two alliances will probably dominate most others which mean it will come down to how they are sorted. Either they will be allowed to stack together and create a super alliance or they will separate and saddle them with less knowledgeable players/guilds in which you will have lots of rage over carrying players who make lots of mistakes. Anet should put a big carrot on the stick along with this change or we could have a major exodus. I say personal and guild leader boards and really cool rewards for the winners. :)

Five Ten years later we can finally call this game GUILD wars.Fixed that for you.

More seriously: it remains to be seen if that will be the ultimate result. There's no question that the top 'tier' battles will involve some well-trained guilds, but whether that's the predominant meta on all maps all the time... going to be interesting to find out.

Archived