Rev Hammer anims invisible?

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Rev should get scourge shade treatment on hammer 2 in wvw (I also dont remember seeing red circle on hammer 5, while skills like water 2 on staff ele have those). People thought that having 5 conditions was dangerous, but rev wrecks your health from max range with no real counter in zerg fights.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:Is anyone else having problems seeing Rev Hammer animations lately in zerg fights? Sometimes have this problem with Meteor Shower too.

The game just does a piss poor job rendering anything once you get a few people on the screen. I've been gibbed by COR without the red fracture ever rendering. I've also seen this with phase smash where the leaping animation doesn't occur, you just take a ton of damage. Unfortunately, I this will probably remain an issue as the game engine is poorly suited to support the style of wvw they are pushing for.

@Meurto.8520 said:

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:Is anyone else having problems seeing Rev Hammer animations lately in zerg fights? Sometimes have this problem with Meteor Shower too.

The game just does a kitten poor job rendering anything once you get a few people on the screen. I've been gibbed by COR without the red fracture ever rendering. I've also seen this with phase smash where the leaping animation doesn't occur, you just take a ton of damage. Unfortunately, I this will probably remain an issue as the game engine is poorly suited to support the style of wvw they are pushing for.

I've been affected by this with no aoe or anims visible, leading me to wonder what even killed me because I did not even see it and I had to refer to my combat log. It's like you get killed by imaginary damage cos if you had seen it you would definitely react and not get killed. This is just plain interaction with 1v1 as well. I am not surprised by this anymore as even when a zerg approaches some sounds cut out. It's been happening more lately since December I think, anims/aoe effects not rendering from what I've noticed.

@steki.1478 said:Rev should get scourge shade treatment on hammer 2 in wvw (I also dont remember seeing red circle on hammer 5, while skills like water 2 on staff ele have those). People thought that having 5 conditions was dangerous, but rev wrecks your health from max range with no real counter in zerg fights.

Ya glass cannons with no condi removal have no real counters...

Hammer 2 needs a remake. It fails to hit way too often and is hard to react to by the time it travels and is seen.Hammer 5 doesn't need a red circle, it takes forever to cast and has a huge hammer animation above the location its going to strike. People need to stop playing WvW like its PvE, only dodging when big red circle.

@Justine.6351 said:

@steki.1478 said:Rev should get scourge shade treatment on hammer 2 in wvw (I also dont remember seeing red circle on hammer 5, while skills like water 2 on staff ele have those). People thought that having 5 conditions was dangerous, but rev wrecks your health from max range with no real counter in zerg fights.

Hammer 2 needs a remake. It fails to hit way too often and is hard to react to by the time it travels and is seen.Hammer 5 doesn't need a red circle, it takes forever to cast and has a huge hammer animation above the location its going to strike. People need to stop playing WvW like its PvE, only dodging when big red circle.

Well I don’t have a problem with Rev hammer in general. I think it’s fine balance-wise. The bigger issue is the anim not showing up at all. How can you avoid those huge anims if they’re invisible? How can you dodge what you don’t see?

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Well I don’t have a problem with Rev hammer in general. I think it’s fine balance-wise. The bigger issue is the anim not showing up at all. How can you avoid those huge anims if they’re invisible? How can you dodge what you don’t see?

You talking culling issues or animation issues?

In spvp I know my Drop the Hammer appears on screen a few seconds after the fact. Maybe that has bled over into wvw? But I havn't personally noticed it yet in wvw.CoR really could use at minimum a high skill animation profile. That alone wont stop everyone else's tears though. Its a fast cascade that will miss every time on strafing enemies. There are 2 sides to that coin. Not to mention the times where is does some weird stuff on even flat terrain. I've seen mine shoot sideways...

@Justine.6351 said:

You talking culling issues or animation issues?

In spvp I know my Drop the Hammer appears on screen a few seconds after the fact. Maybe that has bled over into wvw? But I havn't personally noticed it yet in wvw.CoR really could use at minimum a high skill animation profile. That alone wont stop everyone else's tears though. Its a fast cascade that will miss every time on strafing enemies. There are 2 sides to that coin. Not to mention the times where is does some weird stuff on even flat terrain. I've seen mine shoot sideways...

WvW only, and if I had to guess it’s probably a culling issue. I’ve never had this problem in PvP with the rare few that actually use hammer there.

Archived