Charging Skills changing direction....

ArmageddonAsh.6430

In my opinion it doesnt make ANY sense that if someone uses a skill that moves them towards a target (Rush for example) that if you teleport to a different location that the skill should AUTO change direction and still go after you. I saw a Warrior charging me with Rush, i teleported behind him his attack changed direction and charged after me and hit me. Skills like these should NOT change direction when someone has used an ability like a teleport, Shadowstep and such.

What do you guys think?

@Boulder.3589 said:I think charging skills should track but should have a limit on how fast the character turns to track. Doing a 180 while charging doesn't feel right. Teleporting behind a charging warrior should let you dodge that charge.

I personally think they should charge in that direction and stay charging in that direction. Being able to instantly turn direction and still hit someone just feels stupid :/

@Crossaber.8934 said:All channeling skill will track target even stealthed foe, this is a game mechanic rather than a skill by skill issue.

I can see why for channelled attacks but abilities where someone charges at you (Rush, RtL, ect) Just seems a little off to me. I mean a quick and easy fix could be to make all teleport and shadowstep abilities break target. Quick easy solution.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:In my opinion it doesnt make ANY sense that if someone uses a skill that moves them towards a target (Rush for example) that if you teleport to a different location that the skill should AUTO change direction and still go after you. I saw a Warrior charging me with Rush, i teleported behind him his attack changed direction and charged after me and hit me. Skills like these should NOT change direction when someone has used an ability like a teleport, Shadowstep and such.

What do you guys think?

Any skills that have charge/cast times will track you no matter how far you change directions. Its just how the code works in the game. If you teleported behind him but moved a total distance greater than the the warriors charging skill would reach he would have change directions then stopped at the max range of his charge. Keep in mind effective skill range does not change but the skill will still a ttempted to track.

Another exampleRangers rapid fire from long bow 2This skill will track you even if you teleport behind the ranger shooting at if you are still in range and the ranger does not press a movement key the skill will cause him to turn and continue to hit you so long as you are in range of his shots.

Its not really something they need to fix its more of a learning curve. If you think the rush will still reach prepare to block, dodge, etc

@Crossaber.8934 said:All channeling skill will track target even stealthed foe, this is a game mechanic rather than a skill by skill issue.

While you are correct, I don't think it impossible for them to implement an interrupt to the ability in the same way it is currently if a Ranger is using Rapid Fire and moving. If they are on the move, and using rapid fire, and one teleports behind them - the rapid fire channel is interrupted. If the game treated charge abilities as if the character was actually moving, then the charge would be interrupted after the opponent relocates outside the chargeing player's 180.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:In my opinion it doesnt make ANY sense that if someone uses a skill that moves them towards a target (Rush for example) that if you teleport to a different location that the skill should AUTO change direction and still go after you. I saw a Warrior charging me with Rush, i teleported behind him his attack changed direction and charged after me and hit me. Skills like these should NOT change direction when someone has used an ability like a teleport, Shadowstep and such.

What do you guys think?

Agreed, but unfortunately they won't change this (likely because it involves code that deals with tracking of various kinds of attacks). This is an issue that you can overcome with skill/good timing though. There is a time period at the end of warrior's rush that they slightly rear back before swinging. If you teleport behind them at this point, they swing and whiff and are left very far away from you

• 2 weeks later...

Archived