Soulbeast green aura

LostTemplar.6271

I just want the animation settings to reduce things a bit further. Currently, there's 3 effects to the aura: Green mist with sparkle orbs, floating leaves, and that leafy swirl (which I hate). Right now, the animation setting for "Low" only removes the floating leaves while "Medium" and "High" present all effects.

If it can be adjusted so "Low" is just the green mist with sparkle orbs, "Medium" is low + floating leaves, and "High" is all effects; then everything can be all good since it can be controlled thru settings.

@"Wondrouswall.7169" said:I just want the animation settings to reduce things a bit further. Currently, there's 3 effects to the aura: Green mist with sparkle orbs, floating leaves, and that leafy swirl (which I hate). Right now, the animation setting for "Low" only removes the floating leaves while "Medium" and "High" present all effects.

If it can be adjusted so "Low" is just the green mist with sparkle orbs, "Medium" is low + floating leaves, and "High" is all effects; then everything can be all good since it can be controlled thru settings.

I agree with you , the thing that annoys me the most is probably the leafy twirl. Maybe reducing the green cloud a bit could make it better too.

@"shadowpass.4236" said:I like it.

Btw, if you're staying in Soulbeast for extended periods of time, you're playing it wrong.

If you know how to play it correctly, you'd only see the aura for a few seconds at a time.

I don't think thats a fair arguement. There is no such "you play it wrong". Players are free to remain in SB as much as they want even if its not the best way to maximise the class potential. Some players don't care about the builds and meta and enjoy the game as they want.

@LostTemplar.6271 said:

@"shadowpass.4236" said:I like it.

Btw, if you're staying in Soulbeast for extended periods of time, you're playing it wrong.

If you know how to play it correctly, you'd only see the aura for a few seconds at a time.

I don't think thats a fair arguement. There is no such "you play it wrong". Players are free to remain in SB as much as they want even if its not the best way to maximise the class potential. Some players don't care about the builds and meta and enjoy the game as they want.

If you're not playing it right, you're playing it wrong. If you try to "play the way you want" in a coordinated raid, people will tell you to get on the correct build.

I mean, I'm not too concerned with the wording, but it wasn't intended to remain in Beastmode for an extended period of time.

Either way, I like the aura (as well as many others) and I think it should stay. Why should Anet remove it just because you don't enjoy the effects? If anything, they should add in an option to disable it. This would be a more reasonable suggestion and those who enjoy it and those who don't would both be satisfied.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:I like it.

If you're not playing it right, you're playing it wrong. If you try to "play the way you want" in a coordinated raid, people will tell you to get on the
correct
build.

I mean, I'm not too concerned with the wording, but it wasn't intended to remain in Beastmode for an extended period of time.

Either way, I like the aura (as well as many others) and I think it should stay. Why should Anet remove it just because you don't enjoy the effects? If anything, they should add in an option to disable it. This would be a more reasonable suggestion and those who enjoy it and those who don't would both be satisfied.

The so called “correct” way only really matters in raids (sorta), which the majority of people don’t play.Anyway, play-styles have nothing to do with this discussion.

As for the aura - what annoys me the most is that, like Akrib said, you spend gold/gems to get your toon to look the way you like, just to have it obscured by this green fog. Plus, it doesn’t go with any armor/oufit that isn't nature themed and/or you already include green in your dye job. Turning it off client-side would be ok-ish, but it would still bother me to know that others can see my atrocious clashing of colors. Maybe a floor decal (like on Herald) with the picture of the currently merged pet archetype… could even keep it green then and, if need be, have the aura show for a couple seconds on merge. IDK :#

@LostTemplar.6271 said:

@LughLongArm.5460 said:With all the things that annoys me regarding SB, the aurora is actually one of the parts they nailed.

I love the stances animations and the big stomp you can do with a feline merge. The aura is very cool looking too but it should not add a permanent layer of VFX on your character as DeceiverX.8361 said.

I think a good compromise would be to have it appear for a few seconds when entering beast mode and then phasing out. Still gives a visual tell to an opponent what's happening with the pet, but doesn't just reek of effects spam like we have right now.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:I like it.

If you're not playing it right, you're playing it wrong. If you try to "play the way you want" in a coordinated raid, people will tell you to get on the
correct
build.

To be fair to the thread (I personally like the aura), in pve you should not be unmerging ever as it's a clear dps loss. And ya in PVP your should be bursts UN merging bursting ect.

@offence.4726 said:Nah that's the sweetest lookin' aura. Why remove it , besides it's a clear indication that you are melded with your pet.^ this. I absolutely love the aura and is one of the reason I like playing as a SB. The only thing I’d wish would change would be that it be more beast-like than plant-like. What would really be sweet is a fiery aura that surrounds you and has a similar shape to the beast you’re merged with!

Archived