Idea: Contact Lens kit

Manpag.6421

This stems from a slight peeve of mine. I love character customisation, and although it's frustrating I accept that some of the nicer appearance options for many races are exclusive to the Hair/Total Makeover Kits. With that said, in the same way that sometimes all I want is a particular exclusive hairstyle, which I can get cheaper by buying just a hair styling kit, I sometimes am happy with every other physical aspect of my character's appearance but would like an exclusive eye colour – which doesn't seem worth 350 gems.

A lot of the time I simply make do with my less-desired default eye colour simply because getting a kit for that one thing seems like such a waste. If they were cheaper, perhaps on a level with the hair style kits or even slightly cheaper again (given that you're just changing colour, rather than being able to choose colour AND style), I might find myself more willing to buy them for the added customisation.

Like the OP I find having to buy a whole makeover kit each time puts me off making small changes. I have occasionally used a kit I got free to make minor changes (like changing a characters hair colour but not the style) but I'd be much more willing to buy and use them if the cost was proportional to the change I wanted to make.

This is one of the rare times I think Elder Scrolls Online has a better system than GW2. In that game you buy individual hair styles and other cosmetics from the cash shop and once you've bought them they're permanently unlocked on your account, meaning you can switch between that and the characters default style whenever you want for free. Some of the cosmetics are massively over-priced and a lot are exclusive to crown crates (their black lion chests), but other than that I like their system a lot more than having to buy a kit each time you want to change something.

Ideally, instead having to buy a kit, we would be able to go to an Aesthetician on any city, make the changes we want to make, and pay gems based on the number of changes done, with the cost capped at the cost of a total makeover kit.

Even better, after paying to switch to a customization style or color, it would become unlocked, and using it again would require coin instead gems. So we would only pay gems for applying styles and colors we didn't apply before, changing gender, or adjusting sliders. Choices in character creation or using the Permanent Self-Style Hair Kit are free, so those choices would not unlock the styles.Which means that whenever they added new hair styles, instead just checking them and getting them only if we liked them, completionist players could unlock them all. Then they'd have them available to switch to them at any time for a reduced coin fee.

Makeover kits would still exist, but when using them we'd be given the choice between paying gems or consuming the kit to pay. Allowing us to pay less than the cost of the kit.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:Ideally, instead having to buy for a kit, we should be able to go to an Aesthetician on any city, make the changes we want to make, and pay gems based on the number of changes done, with the cost capped at to the cost of a total makeover kit.

I really like that idea, it seems a fairer way of making tweaks and changes proportional and accessible.

@Manpag.6421 said:

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:Ideally, instead having to buy for a kit, we should be able to go to an Aesthetician on any city, make the changes we want to make, and pay gems based on the number of changes done, with the cost capped at to the cost of a total makeover kit.

I really like that idea, it seems a fairer way of making tweaks and changes proportional and accessible.

This sounds like a great idea.

Archived