Musical instruments needs development

Sombra.3246

There are nice quite a few options for players that want to play some sweet music using instruments. But the problem is it is very hard to play anything decent using the instruments.

I myself have only been able to play random notes and not been able to play any kind of music (believe me I tried). I know a lot of players just download a third party app that helps then play certain songs which I never want to do because I never want to risk installing a third party application that interacts with the game.

A solution that the developers should come up with is a feature that will allow the players to setup songs and pattern of musical notes that can be played automatically once saved to the instrument you own in game instead of having to rely on a third party app which could be malicious or unsafe.

Let me know what you think about this in the comments below. Hopefully we all can make some beautiful music while chillin' in the mayor cities in the future.

Similar to Archeage, Lord of the rings online, and Mabinogi's composing system? That would be neat. If they added more instruments, refined the playing and allowed you to create and share music if you wanted, that would be amazing. Anything that adds more non combat activity. I would still want to see people playing manual songs though.

I remember reading a suggestion where Anet could add sharps and flats in the F1-F5 keys that would enable players to play a larger variety of songs without sounding off-key. Having this would be a huge improvement to the existing musical instruments (except the drum).

I doubt it's financially feasible (or worth the developer resources) to devise a feature that would let us save our tunes in a songbook. It'd be kinda cool to have one, even if they were just pre-set songs from the Choir Bell in Winterfest.

I <3 playing and listening to music in-game, but I'd honestly rather see the devs work on more core content than gadgets and toys.

I think this sounds like a cool idea for people like me, who don't really have the reactions to pull off anything besides a random jumble of notes and don't like the idea of downloading a third party app. Lets not forget that instruments are not cheap objects; at 800 gems a piece, I think there should be room for profit if more people could use them.

@Westenev.5289 said:I think this sounds like a cool idea for people like me, who don't really have the reactions to pull off anything besides a random jumble of notes and don't like the idea of downloading a third party app. Lets not forget that instruments are not cheap objects; at 800 gems a piece, I think there should be room for profit if more people could use them.

I feel ya bro

Before Anet even thinks about adding Flats and Sharps with the F1 Keys (if they even do it), they need to remove 'global' cooldown on the in-game instruments. Even if every note had its own cooldown, the instruments would still be more playable than they are now.

In other words, the game treats every note on every octave like they are the same note on every other octave. For example, if E Major goes on cooldown on octave 1, E Major also goes on cooldown on octave 2 and octave 3. Whether it is intended or a bug, that is the reason why we cannot play faster-paced music, or even certain pieces of slow music that have heavy chords.

reduce latency by playing it client side and then recreating it server side just how you played it. If you wanted to attempt to play with others, then you could swap back to server side playing.

Make some of the instruments chromatic (all flats and sharps). Maybe even some new instruments.

let us key bind all the notes. that way we don't have to octave switch.

And yeah, that would be neat to have a music creater thing that lets you select notes and rhythm etc and play it back in game.

• 1 month later...

Archived