I want a profession balanced as mesmer...not a pve DPS pet...I want an ele viable in all game modes

Arheundel.6451

By viable I mean same level of effort to produce results...or something pretty close to it :

-I don't want to develop 6th sense-I don't want to write down a research paper on how to land super slow skills animation, everytime I play the damn game-I don't want to develop spider-man like agility on the keyboard-I don't care about cele meta or what ele was in the past-I don't care about the raid benchmarks or how much dmg ele does in pve

I just want to play the game! Like a mesmer player can......relatively relaxed with a viable spec for every game mode...I have goddamn enough of this non-existent balance approach

Well that's just the same as saying "i can't be bothered to improve my game play and mechanics, but i still want to play the most mechanically intensive class as easily as if i was playing the least intensive one".

Ele is one of the hardest classes to play, it was designed that way. If you can't handle that, play a different class.

Ele has viable specs for every game mode honestly the only place someone might not consider them viable is in spvp on a sword weaver as its purpose is really just in very odd place. I feel that most ppl are truly upset about the fact that specifically sword weaver has no defining place aka top spot above other ele builds in any single game mode.

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:Well that's just the same as saying "i can't be bothered to improve my game play and mechanics, but i still want to play the most mechanically intensive class as easily as if i was playing the least intensive one".

Ele is one of the hardest classes to play, it was designed that way. If you can't handle that, play a different class.

I believe I can play ele well enough to formulate an educated opinion , not only I played the same concept in GW1 for 7 years, I used the same class in GW2 since launch sporting over 8k hrs plus "few" side accomplishments like the ones below:

https://imgur.com/a/xKjh3

Telling me that I can't handle ele..it's laughable at best.....

The main issue I have is that they launched the game with a different balance ideology about ele : from durable magic duellist to glass cannon pve hero about which I couldn't care less and I am "sharing" my opinion

This is a MMO...not the rpg version of Dark Soul, there is no badge or trophy for pressing more buttons

@Echoherb.6528 said:Maybe ele isn't the class for you then..

I can play ele just fine tyvm...I just don't want to put more effort than the next guy who is getting the same result but for less, maybe some people out there feel some kind of accomplishment for pressing more buttons....but personally a good deal means effort=reward, anything else is unacceptable

@"Lalainnia.3598" said:Ele has viable specs for every game mode honestly the only place someone might not consider them viable is in spvp on a sword weaver as its purpose is really just in very odd place. I feel that most ppl are truly upset about the fact that specifically sword weaver has no defining place aka top spot above other ele builds in any single game mode.

Every game mode?....it's the same glass staff pet DPS build everywhere if we talk about meta specs, how can that be considered "viability"?

When it comes to pvp, I actually want other classes to more closely mirror ele design. Most other classes are given too many invulns, too many instants (even ele has gotten some bad ones here), and too many overloaded skills where the animation does NOT match the function. Big effects should have big animations and big cast times. If other classes were balanced more like this, ele would keep up better in most metas, and skill would matter a lot more.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:I will play ele that should be balanced like all other classes...snowflakes can play blindfolded, naked or whatever to satisfy their "me-me-look at me" complex

P.S also I am asking for viable pvp builds and you're a pver why do you post here?

"Relatively relaxed for every game mode", bolded. TIL this game only has pvp.

And here you're being the snowflake, not me.

Think op never played mesmer before the rework , " put more effort than the next guy who is getting the same result but for less" this sentence described mesmer before the rework , now mesm is equal to each other class . But this is a ele forum : if you have problem with weaver, may be try play tempest or change some unity skills or trait lines.I play ele with raid stats , only changed the unity skills and one of the trait line, didn t had much truble survivability + group events are group events for a reason.To be honest Ele is well balanced in this case you can deal huge damage on the other hand must sacrifice the survivability, or can be very survival but sacrifice the damage.Finaly im Mesm / Ele main or Ele / Mesm main .

Seems interesting to me that after 8k hours on Ele and whatever amount of PvP you have under your rug you come up with an argument about Ele being too hard to play? Is that really the case for you? Why would you even want to streamline the class at this point? If I wasn't maining Ele I'd probably quit of boredom at this point. Every other class imho lacks a lot of depth in comparison even though we pay for it with a really high skillcap where one can't make mistakes.

Sword/dagger weaver may become a decent bruiser after other classes' power coefficient and survival gets reduced. I'd say it requires more buff in attack range but it will be a lot more viable.

If you want to talk about sPvP history, honestly ele only really falls out of meta since PoF release. In other instances it has worked as bruiser/healer which are easy to play and has strong teamfight presence. Let's not kid ourselves, during those era there are a lot of new people just jump on ele bandwagon and get an easy pass. And many more people complained the same way as what you're describing now.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:Well that's just the same as saying "i can't be bothered to improve my game play and mechanics, but i still want to play the most mechanically intensive class as easily as if i was playing the least intensive one".

I believe
I can
play ele well enough to formulate an educated opinion , not only I played the same concept in GW1 for 7 years, I used the same class in GW2 since launch sporting over 8k hrs plus "few" side accomplishments like the ones below:

The main issue I have is that they launched the game with a different balance ideology about ele : from durable magic duellist to glass cannon pve hero about which I couldn't care less and I am "sharing" my opinion

This is a MMO...not the rpg version of Dark Soul, there is no badge or trophy for pressing more buttons

It was always mostly a glass cannon build, especially in PvE.You've just been playing it wrong, and thinking you were doing good. Now people have DPS meters to prove you wrong, and you're spamming the forums with "Ele needs to change".

In PvP Tempest was, and still is a big ass tank, but it's fallen out of favour especially because Spellbreaker disrupts those a bit.

Seriously, your constant whinning about what's one of, if not the best balanced class in the game just shows how much you're lacking in knowledge about the class and the game in general.

@LexIcon.2819 said:Seems interesting to me that after 8k hours on Ele and whatever amount of PvP you have under your rug you come up with an argument about Ele being too hard to play? Is that really the case for you? Why would you even want to streamline the class at this point? If I wasn't maining Ele I'd probably quit of boredom at this point. Every other class imho lacks a lot of depth in comparison even though we pay for it with a really high skillcap where one can't make mistakes.

@LexIcon.2819 said:Seems interesting to me that after 8k hours on Ele and whatever amount of PvP you have under your rug you come up with an argument about Ele being too hard to play? Is that really the case for you? Why would you even want to streamline the class at this point? If I wasn't maining Ele I'd probably quit of boredom at this point. Every other class imho lacks a lot of depth in comparison even though we pay for it with a really high skillcap where one can't make mistakes.

Does that "depth" of yours stops the likes of me from destroying an ele in less than 10s flat in pvp/wvw?...So far that doesn't seem to be case, like whatever self-gratification you envision, all I see is a "guitar hero" class with no actual threat and I'd love to see that changed, I don't want to interfere with whatever l33t non sense supported by the enacting of a graphically satisfying sequence that only a Michael Bay's fan would enjoy

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Well that's just the same as saying "i can't be bothered to improve my game play and mechanics, but i still want to play the most mechanically intensive class as easily as if i was playing the least intensive one".

I believe
I can
play ele well enough to formulate an educated opinion , not only I played the same concept in GW1 for 7 years, I used the same class in GW2 since launch sporting over 8k hrs plus "few" side accomplishments like the ones below:

It was always mostly a glass cannon build, especially in PvE.You've just been playing it wrong, and thinking you were doing good. Now people have DPS meters to prove you wrong, and you're spamming the forums with "Ele needs to change".

In PvP Tempest was, and still is a big kitten tank, but it's fallen out of favour especially because Spellbreaker disrupts those a bit.

Seriously, your constant whinning about what's one of, if not the best balanced class in the game just shows how much you're lacking in knowledge about the class and the game in general.

Whatever you believe how ele should be played, I believe it should still be relevant and not just a cute sfx show.....despite all the l33t talk I can safely say that the eles I meet have never been more than a simple annoyance like an AI mob at the sides of the screen pewpew while you dealing with the actual threat..then when done, you turn and delete that annoyance. I'd like ele to be more than that because that's what I was used for....before the main balance devs left for Amazon.

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:Sword/dagger weaver may become a decent bruiser after other classes' power coefficient and survival gets reduced. I'd say it requires more buff in attack range but it will be a lot more viable.

If you want to talk about sPvP history, honestly ele only really falls out of meta since PoF release. In other instances it has worked as bruiser/healer which are easy to play and has strong teamfight presence. Let's not kid ourselves, during those era there are a lot of new people just jump on ele bandwagon and get an easy pass. And many more people complained the same way as what you're describing now.

More of the : "it was like meta in the past".....thief/guard have been meta since day1, guardian has been meta in all game mode since GW2 launch...it was merely a "great" build status with meditation burst in pvp for few months before they buffed it to meta level; meanwhile ele has not been meta or played before for a whole year, you seem to forget that part when they nerfed SoR, all cantrips and several other traits in the same patch and then yes..they buffed back SoR lol as ele was in that sad of state.Wanna talk about other professions?

-Necro been meta since Dhuum patch and that was 4 years ago ?!-Mesmer been off meta only once...and that was when thief was too hard for them to handle...just thief no other classes lol-Warrior been there since the trait rework in 2015

Hmmm the class which has been the most off meta/competition has actually been ranger

@"Handi.1685" said:Think op never played mesmer before the rework , " put more effort than the next guy who is getting the same result but for less" this sentence described mesmer before the rework , now mesm is equal to each other class . But this is a ele forum : if you have problem with weaver, may be try play tempest or change some unity skills or trait lines.I play ele with raid stats , only changed the unity skills and one of the trait line, didn t had much truble survivability + group events are group events for a reason.To be honest Ele is well balanced in this case you can deal huge damage on the other hand must sacrifice the survivability, or can be very survival but sacrifice the damage.Finaly im Mesm / Ele main or Ele / Mesm main .

I believe you're referring to mesmer rework...before GW2 launch if not are we talking about :

-phantasm build time?-scepter condi buff time?-gs/staff one shot time?

And during all this time...only thief was an actual threat but maybe you're talking about some other time that I can't remember now...seen how I was enjoying sword/pistol phantasm time when first created a mesmer...or no no no nonononono....don't tell me you're talking about latest rework...it can't be sweet Jesus, did you actually buy HoT and play chronomancer?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Well that's just the same as saying "i can't be bothered to improve my game play and mechanics, but i still want to play the most mechanically intensive class as easily as if i was playing the least intensive one".

I believe
I can

In PvP Tempest was, and still is a big kitten tank, but it's fallen out of favour especially because Spellbreaker disrupts those a bit.

Whatever you believe how ele should be played, I believe it should still be relevant and not just a cute sfx show.....despite all the l33t talk I can safely say that the eles I meet have never been more than a simple annoyance like an AI mob at the sides of the screen pewpew while you dealing with the actual threat..then when done, you turn and delete that annoyance. I'd like ele to be more than that because that's what I was used for....before the main balance devs left for Amazon.

Yeah mate, there hasn't been a single person agreeing with you so far...So everyone else is wrong and you're right?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Handi.1685" said:Think op never played mesmer before the rework , " put more effort than the next guy who is getting the same result but for less" this sentence described mesmer before the rework , now mesm is equal to each other class . But this is a ele forum : if you have problem with weaver, may be try play tempest or change some unity skills or trait lines.I play ele with raid stats , only changed the unity skills and one of the trait line, didn t had much truble survivability + group events are group events for a reason.To be honest Ele is well balanced in this case you can deal huge damage on the other hand must sacrifice the survivability, or can be very survival but sacrifice the damage.Finaly im Mesm / Ele main or Ele / Mesm main .

I believe you're referring to mesmer rework...before GW2 launch if not are we talking about :

-phantasm build time?-scepter condi buff time?-gs/staff one shot time?

And during all this time...only thief was an actual threat but maybe you're talking about some other time that I can't remember now...seen how I was enjoying sword/pistol phantasm time when first created a mesmer...or no no no nonononono....don't tell me you're talking about latest rework...it can't be sweet Jesus, did you actually buy HoT and play chronomancer?

My opinion about mesmer belong to the mesmer forum, so make a topic there and we can discuss it .Only used Mesmer as reference.Ele part :Even Anet redesign Elementalist ( im 100% sure they will never do ) , what can they do ? , make fire more defensive or earth more damage type , by its nature fire / air is for damage and destruction, water for heal , earth for protection, arcane is the middle ground . Anet made Elementalist around this this concept, if they change it , it wouldn t be Elementalist any more ( not literally but lose the purpose, why they made it ) . Anet will balance the class if they see it will need any , are they slow ? i don t think so , because players need new Ls , PvP, WvsW , Raids, Fractals , new expansion, gemstore items , mounts , etc, and like it or not they are people , people who need to sleep , eat and they have family to care for.

Finaly : I don t think Elemantalist need any rework but Anet will decide if they see fit , Elementalist what it is now , make Elementalist interesting and fun to play .2d i don t think it is your business , but i have the core , and the two expansions, and ill buy the 3d expansion when it will be released .

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Does that "depth" of yours stops the likes of me from destroying an ele in less than 10s flat in pvp/wvw?...So far that doesn't seem to be case, like whatever self-gratification you envision, all I see is a "guitar hero" class with no actual threat and I'd love to see that changed, I don't want to interfere with whatever l33t non sense supported by the enacting of a graphically satisfying sequence that only a Michael Bay's fan would enjoy

Alright, then you have a problem with the actual power level of the class? Your original post comes off just as complaint about Ele being hard to play, not as being useless in relativity to other classes.

Archived