Weaver skills in need of fixing

Razor.6392

• Tailored Victory should not root you.
  • Glacial Drift (Scep water/air): Projectile is so slow, it never hits anyone.
  • Fracturing Strike (Scep fire/earth): Should work like Comet. This skill gets obstructed by LoS and it doesn't make sense since Comet exists.
  • Fiery Frost (Scep fire/water): This skill often goes on the 4s interrupt cooldown because it fails like 50% of the times when used against enemies behind you.
  • Plasma Blast (Staff fire/air): This is a line skillshot(?). It never hits moving targets. Should give us the option to detonate it.
  • Pyro Vortex (Swrd fire/air): Range needs to be increased.
  • Polaric Leap (Swrd air 2): 15 seconds for an ability on the #2 slot seems kinda excessive. Can we reduce it?
  • Rust Frenzy (Swrd earth dual attune 3): This skill needs something. It's like Pistol Whip, Flurry and Blurred Frenzy except it has no CC or evade frames. Either add immob or at the very least projectile reflect / block. I won't ask for an evade because Weaver doesn't need more of those. Don't want to end up with mirage v2.
  • Aqua Siphon (Swrd water dual attune 3): Range needs to be increased and its cast time reduced to 1/2 from 3/4. Why? It's slow and doesn't hit anyone.
  • Cauterizing Strike (Swrd fire dual attune 3): This skill is basically Fire Grab take 2. Give it an additional effect against burning foes, like a Blind.
  • Grinding Stones (Dag air/earth): Needs to block projectiles for the duration. It only makes sense given the animation.
  • Steam Surge (Dag fir/water): Water field duration increased by 1 second. Heal amount unchanged. It's kinda hard to get blast finishers out of this field, unless you do it in advance.
  • Mud Slide (Dag wat/earth): Cast time needs to be reduced to 0.75 from 1 second. Wouldn't mind a radius increase either.

Please devs, these skills have been clunky since release, I assure you ele won't dethrone the precious mesmer from the #1 viability spot in every game mode!

@Razor.6392 said:Why does nobody ever comment in the important threads!

You made wall of text and ask for quick opinion? Come on dude....

1. I want to weaver elite to be reworked to actually do something unique and amazing as right now FG is still better option and that's laughable . But removal of root is obvious thing that should be removed from this garbage if there won't be any reworks. Why this is so worse then chrono's gravity well with BETTER COOLDOWN!?
  2. Glacial drift agree - should be faster
  3. Fracturing Strike - personally i would prefer fire field to get more cleave options but cc would be handy
  4. Fiery Frost - i would add longer evade frame - something like half of burning speed and also possible to cast without target to get extra mobility.
  5. Polaric Leap is strong skill - other classes have their versions of it but ours has cc - for me is fine as it is.
  6. Rust Frenzy is another copy of other classes skills - there is no point to use it so agree it's need something but the question is - why i want to stay on earth for so long?
  7. Aqua Siphon it's awkward skill and again agree that it's too slow
  8. Cauterizing Strike it fine for me

But to be honest would you agree if we had quickness on demand from utility skill (for example unravel) would solve so much of our weaver problems? About dagger:

1. Grinding Stones - it interesting skill used on working on air/earth kinda burst with autos - with more projectile hate it would be nice for dd ele but with focus it would make ele projectile hate quite tempest level...
  2. Steam Surge - i don't know if 1s would change anything - i think it would be still impossible to blast it 2x times with just d/d skill's
  3. Mud Slide - it's a cc so i understand why it's have longer animation - personally i think your change I just fun as i like it as extra purely mobility skill...but it's a interesting cc similar to unerfed slick shoes - something should be done about this skill and i have no idea what right now.

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:

1. I want to weaver elite to be reworked to actually do something unique and amazing as right now FG is still better option and that's laughable . But removal of root is obvious thing that should be removed from this garbage if there won't be any reworks. Why this is so worse then chrono's gravity well with BETTER COOLDOWN!?

Because it also lowers the cooldown of the attunement swap to 2s, which lets you do a really, really high damage burst. It's used in both raids and fractals over fgs for that reason, not even triggering perfect weave. But I agree it feels awkward. Like a half-skill.

@Razor.6392 said:

• Plasma Blast (Staff fire/air): This is a line skillshot(?). It never hits moving targets. Should give us the option to detonate it.

Not sure about this one. Its damage is VERY high. I think it's fine as a skillshot. It feels quite rewarding when you successfully combo it with Static Field.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Because it also lowers the cooldown of the attunement swap to 2s, which lets you do a really, really high damage burst. It's used in both raids and fractals over fgs for that reason, not even triggering perfect weave. But I agree it feels awkward. Like a half-skill.

Not sure about this one. Its damage is VERY high. I think it's fine as a skillshot. It feels quite rewarding when you successfully combo it with Static Field.

I'd be more than OK with weave self just giving the buffs but having a 30% reduced cool down, get rid of tailored victory and have it as a 10s buffed form on a 60s CD.

I'd also like to see Woven Stride have the regen aspect removed, make it cleanse 1 condition on gaining superspeed or swiftness and you might get some build diversity, it's debatable if it would allow any more condition clearing on a bunker build but would do wonders for non bunker builds especially with Swift Revenge.

As for OP I agree with the following:

Grinding Stones (Dag air/earth): Needs to block projectiles for the duration. It only makes sense given the animation.Steam Surge (Dag fir/water): Water field duration increased by 1 second. Heal amount unchanged. It's kinda hard to get blast finishers out of this field, unless you do it in advance.Mud Slide (Dag wat/earth): Cast time needs to be reduced to 0.75 from 1 second. Wouldn't mind a radius increase either.Glacial Drift (Scep water/air): Projectile is so slow, it never hits anyone.Fracturing Strike (Scep fire/earth): Should work like Comet. This skill gets obstructed by LoS and it doesn't make sense since Comet exists.Fiery Frost (Scep fire/water): This skill often goes on the 4s interrupt cooldown because it fails like 50% of the times when used against enemies behind you.

The rest I don't agree with either because it's such low priority that other aspects need tuning first and their power re-evaluating or I just don't think they need the change suggested.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Because it also lowers the cooldown of the attunement swap to 2s, which lets you do a really, really high damage burst. It's used in both raids and fractals over fgs for that reason, not even triggering perfect weave.

Do you mind explaining how this is performed?

@Razor.6392 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:
I'd also like to see Woven Stride have the regen aspect removed, make it cleanse 1 condition on gaining superspeed or swiftness
Wasn't this the original woven stride? I forgot its previous name lol.

Pretty close. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unravel_Hexes

@Razor.6392 said:

I'd also like to see Woven Stride have the regen aspect removed, make it cleanse 1 condition on gaining superspeed or swiftness
Wasn't this the original woven stride? I forgot its previous name lol.

Original was completely overpowered because with FA you could have really high uptime of superspeed which meant you were cleansing 2 conditions every second most of the time.

What I would suggest is make woven stride like cleansing water but with swiftness/superspeed application. Is it boring? Yes. Is it a copy of another trait ele already has? Yes. Would it give weaver more build variety? Almost certainly as the ability to manage conditions without having to go water trait line would be invaluable.

@Hydroclasm.8572 said:

Because it also lowers the cooldown of the attunement swap to 2s, which lets you do a really, really high damage burst. It's used in both raids and fractals over fgs for that reason, not even triggering perfect weave.

Do you mind explaining how this is performed?

I precast Weave Self before the fight, then just follow the rotation with a minor tweak. However, the attunements get off cooldown faster, meaning I use less autos and more of my important skills in a shorter period of time, hence higher dps. The minor tweak I mentioned is dual-attuning Fire immediately instead of going Air first, which gives me the Elements of Rage buff earlier in the rotation and up for both Meteor Shower and Lightning Storm.

I think the original unravel hexes only worked on movement impairing conditions, thus making it pretty useless (never knew if it was intended or not, but the tooltip was misleading). It was basically similar to that useless tempest trait which I can't remember the name. Ele devs really lack inspiration when it comes to traits, but not when to make useless ones. Just compare Elusive Mind with Invigorating strikes. One dodge breaks stuns and remove one condition, the other grants like 700 barrier.

I would rather have them turn Elemental Pursuit (gain superspeed when impairing a foe's movement speed, 10s icd) into something useful.

Why not just give another source of superspeed in the trait, and make it so that superspeed makes you lose movement impairing conditions? It's called Elemental PURSUIT for a reason. I cannot pursuit shit if I'm chilled or crippled, let superspeed remove those!

For staff the duel skills need to move faster or simply not be projectiles. The amount of self dmg that weaver can do to it self in the current environment is silly i am out right scard to launch an duel skill in fear i am going to hit my own team mages due to reflect ability.

@Jski.6180 said:For staff the duel skills need to move faster or simply not be projectiles. The amount of self dmg that weaver can do to it self in the current environment is silly i am out right scard to launch an duel skill in fear i am going to hit my own team mages due to reflect ability.

For real 5/6 of them are projectiles lol.

I just came here to suggest a possible effect for cauterizing strike:Remove the burn damage increase and replace it with "If the target has bleeding on them, increase the damage of this skill by 1% per stack and heal for 50 health per stack (max: 50 stacks)"With this change it does the following things:

• Causes attuning to a single element to be a worthwhile thing to do given that anet seems adamant about not reducing/removing cd on swaps to single elements
  • Gives double fire a theme of punishing the enemy for having conditions present on them from other possible fire or earth skills
  • The multiple effect nature of the skill will allow it to be beneficial to any setup on weaver (power, condi, hybrid, etc.)
  • Unique effect for the skill so damage isn't only reliant on the burn condition and it benefits playing weaver by swapping elements like it was designed to do

@Razor.6392 said:

• Tailored Victory should not root you.
  • Glacial Drift (Scep water/air): Projectile is so slow, it never hits anyone.
  • Fracturing Strike (Scep fire/earth): Should work like Comet. This skill gets obstructed by LoS and it doesn't make sense since Comet exists.
  • Fiery Frost (Scep fire/water): This skill often goes on the 4s interrupt cooldown because it fails like 50% of the times when used against enemies behind you.
  • Pyro Vortex (Swrd fire/air): Range needs to be increased.
  • Polaric Leap (Swrd air 2): 15 seconds for an ability on the #2 slot seems kinda excessive. Can we reduce it?
  • Rust Frenzy (Swrd earth dual attune 3): This skill needs something. It's like Pistol Whip, Flurry and Blurred Frenzy except it has no CC or evade frames. Either add immob or at the very least projectile reflect / block. I won't ask for an evade because Weaver doesn't need more of those. Don't want to end up with mirage v2.
  • Aqua Siphon (Swrd water dual attune 3): Range needs to be increased and its cast time reduced to 1/2 from 3/4. Why? It's slow and doesn't hit anyone.
  • Cauterizing Strike (Swrd fire dual attune 3): This skill is basically Fire Grab take 2. Give it an additional effect against burning foes, like a Blind.
  • Grinding Stones (Dag air/earth): Needs to block projectiles for the duration. It only makes sense given the animation.
  • Steam Surge (Dag fir/water): Water field duration increased by 1 second. Heal amount unchanged. It's kinda hard to get blast finishers out of this field, unless you do it in advance.
  • Mud Slide (Dag wat/earth): Cast time needs to be reduced to 0.75 from 1 second. Wouldn't mind a radius increase either.

Please devs, these skills have been clunky since release, I assure you ele won't dethrone the precious mesmer from the #1 viability spot in every game mode!

• Tailored Victory - Idk why it even roots you, chrono can move while casting grav well, why can't we.
  • Glacial Drift - Projectile should be speed of Fireball and be homing projectile.
  • Fracturing Strike - Yes, or make Comet require LoS, but we don't need more nerfs.*Fiery Frost - Needs to be made to work like Lightning Reflexes on ranger, and just cancel whatever you are casting and roll 180 degrees to wherever your facing immediately.
  • Plasma Blast - Double the speed or add detonate option, or remove the ground targetting and make it follow your target atleast.
  • Pyro Vortex - Seems fine but near impossible to land, if initial hit is blocked it should still leave an AoE imo.
  • Polaric Leap - It is fine as is, leap finisher, CC, gap closer and super speed, one of our best skills on sword tbh
  • Rust Frenzy - No reason to stay in Earth that long for such a bad skill, needs something big
  • Aqua Siphon - Too slow I agree
  • Cauterizing Strike - Seems fine, difficult to land though
  • Grinding Stones - Literally expected it to destroy projectiles when I saw it but nope, would be nice. Maybe gave it stability, protection or barrier for something nice fitting.
  • Stream Surge - Should be 4 seconds duration, increase healing interval from 1/2s to 1s, increase healing per pulse by 50%. Increase damage to match burning speed, it only fits.
  • Mud Slide - Reduce cast time definitely, literally look like an idiot standing still for a whole second. Increase evade to 3/4s to match Burning Speed, Double the radii.

A few more I'd like to see

• Ashen Blast (Dag fir/earth) - Increase range to 450, increase blind duration to 5s, it's too underwhelming for a dual skill.
  • Lava Skin (Swrd fir/earth) - Make it instant cast.
  • Quantum Strike (Swrd air dual attune 3) - Reduce cooldown to 15s. Reduce cast time to 1/2s.
  • Pyroclastic Blast (Staff fir/earth) - Increase cast time to 1s. Change the nature of the skill to not be a projectile, but to create the field at the location straight up instead (similar to Earth/Water 3). Look, you can make it more enjoyable in WvW/PvP while toning down broken PvE weaver, 2 birds with one stone hmm.
  • Monsoon (Staff water/air) - Increase projectile speed by 50%, Increase Chill duration to 2s.
  • Pressure Blast (Staff Fire/Water 3) - Once again, increase projectile speed by 50%. Increase damage by 25% and healing by 66%, long cast, slow projectile and low reward need to be fixed.
  • Plasma Beam (Scepter Fire/Air) - Add a 0.25s warning to it, like a very thin beam before main effect happens, increase cast time if needed. If all the other scepter buffs happened, this would be ok and make it less gimmicky.
  • Stone Tide (Scepter Water/Earth) - Remove the ground targetting, and make the effect occur around your targetted foe instead and follow them around. Causes more pressure and forces them to dodge, rather than having a shatterstone 2.0 right beside shatterstone 1.0

Not all of these has to happen but I really emphasize fixing a few of the dagger and staff dual skills mainly.

Trait change ideas to allow more diversity, better gaemplay and usage for weaver.

• Master's Fortitude - Rework this to be more beneficial to other weapons and allow more diversity. Gain increased vitaility (180). If wielding a melee weapon, gain vitality equal to 7% of your power. If wielding a ranged weapon, gain vitality equal to 7% of your power. Or something similar. D/X could use the extra vitailty, and so could some other builds.
  • Bolstered Elements - Add 20% recharge reduction to all stance skills please!
  • Lesser stone resonance and stone resonance. Reduce the cooldown please.... and make the barrier effect nearby allies too, it's only fair if scourge gets that on a much shorter cooldown. Having support like this greatly improves usefulness of weaver.
  • Elemental Pursuit - Meh, I don't think many people use this. Add 5 seconds of swiftness to it to synergize with Woven Stride
  • Woven Stride - Instead of granting regen, just give us a condi removal, you know which traitline we all pick if we choose this, cleansing waters, plus weaver has ZERO condi clear on its spec alone I recall.
  • Elemental Refreshment - Add barriers now grant 1 stack of might for 10 seconds (1s icd). Give us some might stacking abilities!!! How to buff PvP/WvW weaver easily. We have a lot of small barriers passively going off to help stack it.

Archived