Massive Changes to: Necromancer. (Added Reaper.)

Vinny.7260

Yes, I decided to give my own input on what should be done to our-underloved-selves.I will not bother with underwater combat until ArenaNet begins to show interest in it themselves.I will be adding Elite Specialization changes when I get the chance. Expect edits.

My Goals:

• I have the intention of making Necromancer more aggressive but not faster. Speed does not suit this profession and it never should.
  • Better cooldown management and potential ammo-recharge mechanics.
  • Improved combat control; Fear getting some love.

Baseline/Core/Necromancer:

• Unholy Feast: The counter-part skill, Unholy Burst, now has a higher Health Threshold of 50% instead of the former 25%.
  • Necrotic Slash: Inflicts 3 seconds of Bleeding per hit.
  • Necrotic Stab: Now inflicts 3 seconds of Bleeding on two stacks of intensity.
  • Life Siphon: The bonus for when a target is inflicted with Bleeding has been increased to 50% in PvE only; Cast time has been reduced in all game modes to 2 seconds instead of 3.
  • Dark Pact: The cooldown on this skill has been reduced to 20 seconds in all game modes. Damage has been increased by 33% in PvE only.
  • Deathly Swarm: This skill's base damage has been increased by 50%; this skill now has an addition mechanic where it deals an additional 35% more damage when transferring a condition.
  • Enfeebling Blood: This skill's base damage has been increased by 45%.
  • Grasping Dead: This skill now inflicts 5 seconds of Torment on five stacks of intensity instead of 10 seconds of Bleeding for three stacks of intensity.
  • Feast from Corruption: The skill now inflicts 2 seconds of Torment per Condition on two stacks of intensity. Base Torment inflicted has also been increased to two stacks of intensity for 4 seconds.
  • Necrotic Grasp: Damage has been reduced by 50%; Life Force granted has been increased to 6% instead of the former 4%. Velocity has been increased by 66%.
  • Mark of Blood: This now uses the ammo-recharge mechanic; 3 charges that recharge over a duration of 6 seconds; each activation has a 2-second cooldown.
  • Chillblains: This now uses the ammo-recharge mechanic; 2 charges that recharge over a duration of 18 seconds; each activation has a 2-second cooldown.
  • Putrid Mark: This now uses the ammo-recharge mechanic; 2 charges that recharge over a duration of 25 seconds; each activation has a 3-second cooldown; reduces conditions transferred from three to two. ED: Too much clear would be kind of messy. Mostly with revamps on Death Magic.
  • Reaper's Mark: This now uses the ammo-recharge mechanic; 2 charges that recharge over a duration of 35 seconds; each activation has a 5-second cooldown.
  • Reaper's Touch: This skill no longer bounces and, instead, inflicts a tether that pulses Vulnerability and deals damage. This skill grants 1 second of Retaliation for each pulse and has a maximum range of 1,200 before the tether breaks; this skill pulses at an interval of 1 second and lasts for 4 seconds. This skill has an ammo-recharge mechanic; 2 charges that recharge over a duration of 20 seconds; each activation has a 6-second cooldown.
  • Spinal Shivers: This skill now steals the boons instead of just removing them when the target is below the threshold of 50%. This does not apply to the trait Chill of Death.
  • Life Blast: This skill's damage has been increased by 10% and now inflicts 10 seconds of Vulnerability on two stacks of intensity.
  • Dark Path: This skill now uses the ammo-recharge mechanic; 2 charges that recharge over a duration of 20 seconds; each activation has a 4-second cooldown.
  • Doom: This skill now uses the ammo-recharge mechanic; 3 charges that recharge over a duration of 25 seconds; each activation has a 5-second cooldown.
  • Life Transfer: This skill now has a 1 second cast time; that cast time will be a wind-up. This skill now projects a massive radius to warn enemy players before the skill is activated. The skill now hits 1 time and deals the total of what the original damage would have been of the former skill. The skill now grants 3% Life Force for each target hit. It now also converts a boon from each target hit. Damage has been increased by 33% and cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds in PvE only. ED: Changed steal to convert to encourage use of Feed from Corruption.
  • Tainted Shackles: This skill has been renamed to Tainted Terror; this skill now inflicts 6 seconds of Torment per Pulse on three stacks of intensity. This skill no longer inflicts immobilize but, instead, Fear for the same duration.

Utility time. Let's see some use!

• Well of Corruption: Number of boons converted has been increased to two in PvP only. Damage has been increased by 50% in PvE only; cooldown has been lowered to 30 seconds in PvE only.
  • Well of Power: Number of conditions converted has been increased to two in PvP only. Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds in PvP and 20 seconds in PvE.
  • Well of Darkness: Has been renamed to Well of Anguish; now inflicts 1 second of Immobilize on each pulse in addition to its previous effects. Cooldown increased to 50 seconds in PvP only. ED: Ramped cooldown up due to immobilize duration. The duration is what makes it strong, so raising cooldown made the most sense.
  • Well of Suffering: Cooldown has been reduced to 25 seconds in PvE only. Damage increased by 33% in PvE only.
  • All Minions: Now have better tracking, mobility, and scale from Might.
  • Summon Flesh Wurm: The cast time has been removed and now the Necromancer is teleported to the requested destination; a wurm is summoned at the initial location and can now be teleported back to at the cost of their life.
  • Signet of Spite: This skill no longer inflicts any of the conditions originally inflicted. It now deals massive damage, an increase of base damage by 50%, and now scales an additional 8% for each condition on the target. Cooldown is lowered to 40 seconds in PvE only.
  • Signet of the Locust: This now inflicts 1 second of daze on all targets struck in addition to its previous effects. ED: Accepting ideas for this. It can be better.
  • Plague Signet: This now grants the opposing boon when taking in a condition from an ally. The table for which boon is granted is equal to that of a conversion table; this also scales with Signets of Suffering.
  • Spectral Armor: This now grants Stability for the duration of the Armor.
  • Spectral Walk: This now grants Stability for the duration of the Walk. Recall now stun breaks.
  • Spectral Wall: Now displays the amount of Life Force granted for each enemy target attempting to pass.
  • Corrosive Poison Cloud: Duration increased to 10 seconds and the cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds in PvE only.

Time for traits.

• Spiteful Talisman: This skill no longer does any of its former effects. This skill now grants 3 seconds of Retaliation upon using a Foci skill.
  • Spiteful Renewal: This skill now can clear up to two conditions instead of the former one.
  • Bitter Chill: This skill now inflicts 5 seconds of Vulnerability when inflicting Chill on five stacks of intensity.
  • Barbed Precision: This skill now increases damage Bleeding deals by 15% instead of increasing Bleeding duration by 20%.
  • Terrifying Descent: This skill now inflicts 6 seconds of Torment on the intensity of one stack.
  • Chilling Darkness: The internal-cooldown on this skill has been reduced to 1 second in PvE only.
  • Furious Demise: Fury now grants 180 expertise in addition to the trait's previous effects.
  • Terror: Damage dealt is now the max damage and now breaks target and prevents the Feared target from targetting for the duration of the inflicted Fear. Terror damage is doubled in PvE.
  • Target the Weak: No longer deals any of its previous effects; it now inflicts an identical stack of whatever inflicted condition against a target who suffers from Weakness. Has an internal cooldown of 1 second.
  • Armored Shroud: Is removed and replaced by Shrouded Removal; which has an increased interval of 5 seconds in PvP only.
  • Flesh of the Master: This now reduces Incoming Damage and Condition Damage by 1% for each minion summoned in all game modes.
  • Shrouded Removal: This is now Deathly Transference which now grants 1% Life Force for each condition you successfully transfer.
  • Putrid Defense: This grants 3 seconds of Protection upon inflicting Poison. This skill has an internal cooldown of 5 seconds.
  • Soul Comprehension: No longer inherits any of its previous effects and now reduces Incoming Damage and Condition Damage by 15% in PvP and by 20% in PvE upon leaving Shroud for 5 seconds.
  • Necromantic Corruption: Interval is reduced to 5 seconds in PvE only. Conditions Transferred is increased to two in PvP.
  • Reaper's Protection: Now stun breaks in addition to its previous effects.
  • Deadly Strength: Now grants Power on a Percentage of Toughness of 10% instead of 7% and 14% in Shroud. Might now decreases Incoming Damage by 1% in PvP for each stack of intensity and 1/2% in PvE.
  • Beyond the Veil: This trait now grants Protection to all allies in a 240 radius for its original duration.
  • Death Nova: Lesser Poison Cloud no longer deals damage but instead blocks projectiles for its duration.
  • Corrupter's Fervor: Is replaced by Scourge's Feed from Corruption.
  • Unholy Sanctuary: Interval is reduced to .5 seconds.
  • Mark of Evasion: Now grants drops a unique mark called Mark of Invigoration; this mark grants 5 seconds of both Vigor and Regeneration on activation. This deals the same damage as Lesser Mark of Blood.
  • Lesser Signet of Vampirism: Now inflicts a single stack of Vampiric Mark upon inflicting Bleeding. Has an internal cooldown of 3 seconds.
  • Life from Death: Healing is increased by 45% in PvE only.
  • Vampiric Presence: Life Steal Interval now applies to each unique target.
  • Unholy Martyr: Now consumes 5 conditions in PvP only.
  • Transfusion: Healing is reduced in PvP by 15% and pulses 10 times instead of 9.
  • Gluttony: Gaining Life Force now restores 25 Health per 1% of Life Force.
  • Unyielding Blast: Now transfers a condition upon hitting a target with Shroud Skill 1. Has an Internal Cooldown of 3 seconds per target hit.
  • Soul Marks: Life Force granted has been reduced to 2%.
  • Speed of Shadows: Now grants Superspeed for 3 seconds instead of Swiftness for 10 seconds.
  • Vital Persistence: Renamed to Dark Understanding. Reduces Shroud Cooldown and Shroud Skills Cooldown by 20%.
  • Fear of Death: Fear Duration is doubled in PvE. Cooldown is lowered to 45 seconds.
  • Strength of Undeath: Is replaced by Foot in the Grave, which no longer grants Stability but instead just breaks stun and grants increased Max Life Force; original value.
  • Foot in the Grave: Is replaced by Strength of Undeath; which increases Damage and Condition Damage by 15% while in Shroud.
  • Dhuumfire: Now inflicts 2 seconds of Burning for two stacks of intensity. Inflicts 4 seconds of Burning for two stacks of intensity in PvE only.

Reaper:

• Dusk Strike: Increase damage by 25% in PvP; 45% in PvE.
  • Fading Twilight: Increase damage by 30% in PvP; 50% in PvE.
  • Chilling Scythe: Increase damage by 20% in PvP; 65% in PvE.
  • Gravedigger: Increase damage by 30% in all game modes.
  • Death Spiral: Increase damage by 25% in PvE only.
  • Nightfall: Increase damage by 30% in PvE only.
  • Grasping Darkness: No longer counts a projectile; damage increased by 35% in PvE.
  • Life Rend: Now inflicts 6 seconds of Vulnerability on one stack of intensity on each hit; damage increased by 25% in PvE only.
  • Life Slash: Now inflicts 6 seconds of Vulnerability on one stack of intensity on each hit; damage increased by 35% in PvE only.
  • Life Reap: Now inflicts 12 seconds of Vulnerability on three stacks of intensity on each hit; damage increased by 50% in PvE only.
  • Death's Charge: Each unique hit is increased by 50%; the end-result of the damage is increased by 33% in PvE only.
  • Infusing Terror: Now increases damage by 20% in addition to its previous effects; damage increase is set to 35% in PvE only.
  • Soul Spiral: Increase damage by 15% in PvE only. No longer inflicts Poison, but inflicts Poison upon removing a boon, which is removed if the target is below 50% Health. Poison inflicted lasts for 8 seconds on one stack of intensity.
  • Executioner's Scythe: Increase damage in following the order of bonuses; 35%, 25%, and 15%.

Utility time!~

• "Your Soul is Mine!": Cooldown is now only applied when the healing portion of the skill is used.
  • "You Are All Weaklings!": Cooldown is reduced to 20 seconds and damage is increased by 50% in PvE only; 25 seconds in PvP.
  • "Suffer!": Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds in all game modes. Conditions transferred increased to two in PvE only.
  • "Nothing Can Save You!": Now grants a unique damage booster that increases damage by 10% per target struck in PvE only; 5% per target struck in PvP only.
  • "Chilled to the Bone!": Increase damage by 50% in PvE only; 25% in PvP only.

Now for the traits, uh oh.

• Augury of Death: Increase Life Siphon damage by 100% in PvE only; 50% in PvP only.
  • Chilling Nova: Reduce the cooldown to 3 seconds in PvE only; reduce the cooldown to 5 seconds in PvP only and increase damage by 33% in PvP only.
  • Relentless Pursuit: Now grants 3 seconds of Quickness upon entering Reaper's Shroud; no longer inherits any of its previous effects.
  • Deathly Chill: Now renamed to Overwhelmingly Cold. Inflicting Chill now inflicts 1 second of Slow. Gain 4 seconds of Frost Aura upon entering Reaper's Shroud.

I really like those ideas... like... REALLY... but there's a few things I'd like to say.For well of darkness, that seems quite strong. Considering each pulse has a 1 second interval, that can be a 5 second immobilize. That might be too stronk.Also Terrifying descent. Is that not what it already does?

I want those changes to happen. That'd be fantastic.

@killfil.3472 said:I really like those ideas... like... REALLY... but there's a few things I'd like to say.For well of darkness, that seems quite strong. Considering each pulse has a 1 second interval, that can be a 5 second immobilize. That might be too stronk.Also Terrifying descent. Is that not what it already does?

I want those changes to happen. That'd be fantastic.

Yes, the change to Well of Darkness would be strong. The intention is to be similar to Entangle almost. Its main intention is to melt break bars in Raids and what not more quickly. As well as synergize with Chilling Darkness for Condi Reaper... Though I might change that from being Condi.

The change to Terrifying Descent was doubling the duration to give it some more potency. That's all really.

Hm. Even doe i would love to see buffs or even rework for necromancer, i think the suggested changes are too over the top.Also i dont like the ammo system for staff. I think that would kill wvw.

I played a core condimancer in roaming yesterday. Well i didnt meet many mesmers, but somr thiefes and spellbreakers and eles.

Well i have to say, it was fun to destroy them. Seems like everyone has forgotten, that core necro still exists and what it does.

BUT

I think against a good opponent, i think i would have lost.Also you cannot kill mesmers with that thing, it just has too low ae

I also tried something similar to this build in spvp. Not possible to play there, cause you cant choose your stats properly.

But i really like some of your ideas.I would really like to see, that necro is able to punish movement mistakes of its enemys.Yes, we can stay slow, i dont care, but right now, even if we could chase a thief, we still wouldnt be able to kill him, because the attacks are pretty weak.

I'lls still say it i dont like the change to scepter 2 and would prefer it remained as bleeding to provide condition variety The less condition variety you have the easier can be to clear in a lot of cases you need conditions to cover the ones you really want to do the most. And sense necro will never stack torment in the way that say mesmer does 20+ in about 2 seconds removing other types is a no go imo.

Screw the 10% boost to life blastjust make it shoot 25-50% faster similar to plauge blast the underwater variation this would be a much greater boost in overall damage to the skill.

While the swap of "feed from corruption" (feels more like a curses trait imo or even a spite trait) is a pipe dream idk about throwing it into death magic even with these changes the overall line is still very lacking to take without loosing a massive chunk in damage while still providing no hard true upgrade to the necros defense issue. It does not do what the warrior defense line does or what thief acrobatics line does its just lacking for what it should be doing.

I wish they would do the break target on terror so much it would only make sense due to how the taunt condition works. Even though its and old relic i still love this trait. I dont think dealing the max damage at all times is needed now that we have traits like dread and the one trait that causes another condition to be applied when fear is applied.

I like your minion scaling from might idea but how exactly would it work, Their tracking could likely be fixed by just increasing their movement speed (in the case of bone fiend change its projectiles to to have faster speed in pvp.Maybe death magic needs traits that improve minions based on how much might you haveInstead of death nova which is pretty crap for a grandmaster minion build anyways

Masters MightYour As your strength grows so does that of your summoned followers. Minions now gain bonus attributes for each stack of might on you.Speed increase per might stack 1% max 25%Damage increase per might stack 2% max 50%Critical chance per might stack 2% max 50%Damage/Condition damage reduced 3% (pvp only) max 75% (IF you dedicate yourself to a minion master build they should not die instantly when played smart to up keep might)

Ideally this has alot of synergy with the spite line and even corruption skills like blood is power.

@ZDragon.3046 said:Masters MightYour As your strength grows so does that of your summoned followers. Minions now gain bonus attributes for each stack of might on you.Speed increase per might stack 1% max 25%Damage increase per might stack 2% max 50%Critical chance per might stack 2% max 50%Damage/Condition damage reduced 3% (pvp only) max 75% (IF you dedicate yourself to a minion master build they should not die instantly when played smart to up keep might)

Death nova being mostly a trait designed to remind one of the iconic necromancer's build in GW, I like this your suggestion!

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Masters MightYour As your strength grows so does that of your summoned followers. Minions now gain bonus attributes for each stack of might on you.Speed increase per might stack 1% max 25%Damage increase per might stack 2% max 50%Critical chance per might stack 2% max 50%Damage/Condition damage reduced 3% (pvp only) max 75% (IF you dedicate yourself to a minion master build they should not die instantly when played smart to up keep might)

Ideally this has alot of synergy with the spite line and even corruption skills like blood is power.

I really like that idea!

Well of Darkness: Has been renamed to Well of Anguish; now inflicts 1 second of Immobilize on each pulse in addition to its previous effects. Cooldown increased to 50 seconds in PvP only. ED: Ramped cooldown up due to immobilize duration. The duration is what makes it strong, so raising cooldown made the most sense.

i can hear the screams from WvW already.

@Jalal.6783 said:great changes. while i don't agree with all of them, a good portion are a step in the right direction.

Do tell me, please, what changes you'd prefer. I love the input from everyone and it encourages the changes I want to make to the list I've already made.

I might work on Reaper today.

Archived