Deadeye issues in pvp [top 50 pvp'er]

Urejt.5648

Hello,here are biggest issues with deadeye in pvp which makes this class not fun to interact with. Feedback from top 50 eu player (rifle/shortbow)

1. Rifle 4 escape can not be used when immobilized. Easy fix would be triggering condi removal before animation (small step back) and making immobilization removal priority. Second way to fix it is to remove "step back" animation.
  2. "Perfectionist" grand master trait never triggers twice in pvp fight, because remarking same target keeps malice stacks. Easy fix is to change wording from "Gain boons upon reaching maximum malice stacks" to " Gain boons whenever you have maximum malice stacks" 17.5 cooldown.[low priority] "Maleficent Seven" grand masdter trait from deadeye trait line is also useless in pvp. I would fix it so healing triggers whenever player has maximum stacks with 17.5 cooldown.]
  3. "Improvistation" grandmaster trait from deadly arts has 20 seconds cooldown which is not compatible with traited "mark" with 17.5 seconds cooldown. Easy fix is to change "impovistation" cooldown to 17.5s. Such small cooldown decrease will not buff core sd, but will make "improvisation" usable for deadeye.
  4. "Mercy" utility resets mark and removes malice stacks. I suggest it only enables mark skill without removing mark from the target and malice stacks. Currently "haste" utility is much better than "mercy"

@"Urejt.5648" said:

1. "Improvistation" grandmaster trait from deadly arts has 20 seconds cooldown which is not compatible with traited "mark" with 17.5 seconds cooldown. Easy fix is to change "impovistation" cooldown to 17.5s. Such small cooldown decrease will not buff core sd, but will make "improvisation" usable for deadeye.

In my opinion, Completely removing the CD when using DE mark should be a better option since mark stolen item r generally less powerful compared to core steal

@"Urejt.5648" said:

1. "Mercy" utility resets mark and removes malice stacks. I suggest it only enables mark skill without removing mark from the target and malice stacks. Currently "haste" utility is much better than "mercy"

Two things that mercy good at is to give initiative based on stack + resetting mark which synergize with Bqbk and unforgiving. Yet Roll for initiative r way better choice than mercy to shorter cooldown w trickery (which is a current "must" trait for DE), Break stun + evasion & condition removal.If ppl want this skill to be competitive, then greatly reducing Mercy cooldown (From 30 to 20) or 2s cooldown reduction for every single malice stack on the target (up to 14s reduction with M7 trait). This change will definetly push several build that didn't relied that much on full malice stack.

I'd rather keep mercy as it is. It's a surprisingly useful skill when you time it right in PvP. I'm not top 50 PvPer or some shit. But I'm pretty sure you'd understand that putting it on your hotbar, and then using it when someone is guaranteed to be dead will restore much needed initiative and prepare you for your next fight. I don't really use it for retargeting, as my general strategy is to always kill one target at a time.

@Barzah.8019 said:

@"Urejt.5648" said:
  1. "Improvistation" grandmaster trait from deadly arts has 20 seconds cooldown which is not compatible with traited "mark" with 17.5 seconds cooldown. Easy fix is to change "impovistation" cooldown to 17.5s. Such small cooldown decrease will not buff core sd, but will make "improvisation" usable for deadeye.

In my opinion, Completely removing the CD when using DE mark should be a better option since mark stolen item r generally less powerful compared to core steal

The cooldown isn't for the item's gained, it's for the utility line reset.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"Urejt.5648" said:

The cooldown isn't for the item's gained, it's for the utility line reset.

Was going to say this is the real reason for it.Also, removing the cooldown affects S/D thief with its steal resets which would be similarly overpowered as it runs Tricks, Deception, a signet, and venom, basically guaranteeing a recharge on some high-impact skill.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"Elxdark.9702" said:i'd like to see mercy resetting one random cantrip instead of mark.

Noooooooooooooooooooo! :(I like my second boonstealing, damaging, healing, stability-ignoring interrupt! Oh and a stun generally follows right after.

only if u can land mark which is really easy to dodge and still suffers for many "no valid path" and "obstructed" bugs.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:i'd like to see mercy resetting one random cantrip instead of mark.

Noooooooooooooooooooo! :(I like my second boonstealing, damaging, healing, stability-ignoring interrupt! Oh and a stun generally follows right after.

only if u can land mark which is really easy to dodge and still suffers for many "no valid path" and "obstructed" bugs.

i still would like to see it get instant like normal steal , that 300 range advantage is hardly a reason for such a long cast and imo DE vs other thief builds would have much better chance with an instant mark.

Archived