ANET, you ever gonna fix the TP issue?

I'm talking about where you can place an order in the TP for an item that's cheaper than is possible to sell that item for.It's been an issue since launch, and I figured it would have been fixed by now (and by now, I mean before HoT came out). What's up? Is this ever going to be fixed?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Kingkiller.9645 said:I'm talking about where you can place an order in the TP for an item that's cheaper than is possible to sell that item for.It's been years since we could place an order for less than vendor price + ~18%

How long do those orders stay then? Because I can tell you w/out any doubt that I've run into more than a few orders placed below the minimum sell price. I even get a message telling me that I can't sell them for that price, since there is a minimum. My initial thought was that it was either flippers or gold sellers, trying to snatch up everything they can as cheap as they can.

@robertthebard.8150 said:How long do those orders stay then?

Forever. If you don't pull your listing down, then it will remain there.

Because I can tell you w/out any doubt that I've run into more than a few orders placed below the minimum sell price.

Yes, these are all leftover from the days when we were permitted to sell stuff below vendor + TP fee.ANet did run a script to purge these legacy offers — which caught the vast majority of such listings. Unfortunately, many remain :(

I even get a message telling me that I can't sell them for that price, since there is a minimum.

Yes. As I said, we can no longer do that.

My initial thought was that it was either flippers or gold sellers, trying to snatch up everything they can as cheap as they can.Flippers tend to increase the highers buy prices, decrease the lowest sell prices.But really, who doesn't want to buy stuff cheap, if they have the time & patience?

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@Kingkiller.9645 said:I'm talking about where you can place an order in the TP for an item that's cheaper than is possible to sell that item for.It's been years since we could place an order for less than vendor price + ~18%

How long do those orders stay then? Because I can tell you w/out any doubt that I've run into more than a few orders placed below the minimum sell price. I even get a message telling me that I can't sell them for that price, since there is a minimum. My initial thought was that it was either flippers or gold sellers, trying to snatch up everything they can as cheap as they can.

TP orders don't time out so they will stay forever but as you point out these orders can never be met by sellers so they've effectively just locked that gold out of circulation.

@"Kingkiller.9645" said:I'm talking about where you can place an order in the TP for an item that's cheaper than is possible to sell that item for.It's been an issue since launch, and I figured it would have been fixed by now (and by now, I mean before HoT came out). What's up? Is this ever going to be fixed?

It was fixed in 2014

"Minimum buy and sell prices are now vendor value + 15%."

Link to the notes:http://dulfy.net/2014/09/09/gw2-september-feature-pack-patch-notes/

There still is some old buy orders left in TP tho that were made before the fix and they cannot be filled so they stay there until cancelled.

@Pifil.5193 said:

TP orders don't time out so they will stay forever but as you point out these orders can never be met by sellers so they've effectively just locked that gold out of circulation.

Well, at least it helps with inflation... :open_mouth:

Archived