Black Lion Glyph Selection Container: why only one??

Really just one Glyph for 3 gathering tools?...well but when i read the blog i think i know the reason why: we have 4 glyphs that we can get from the black lion chests (or from other players) and i can understand that, GW2 offers many things for free and you dont need to pay monthly to play, but they need to pay employees...so they need a way to make money i totally understand that.

BUT: there are 3 glyphs that we just can get when we buy the tools that have the accountbound glyphs attached to them.....and 2 of them have just 1 tool, so when we want 3 accountbound glyphs for each tool we NEED to buy 3 times the same tool...these tools are the watchwork mining pick and the lucky dog harvesting tool.....the only one set that have a glyph attached to it where you dont need to buy the same tool 3 times is the unbound magic gathering tools....now i wish the lucky dog and the watchwork would have a set (wel i WISH every tool had a matching set...looks at frost wasp logging tool), so that i dont need to buy the same tool 3 times to get 4 glyphs.....well i would never buy the same tool more than one time, so i will never get 3 glyphs....well...or i will get the glyphs when they add some set-matching tools....i love sets... <3

I mean i really love the new shifting sand mining pick, but i will not buy it...i love to have sets.....and this is just a pick, no sickle for herbs? no axe for wood?... so i dont buy it....(but i still love the design and hope they bring a sickle and an axe for this tools too....So Anet please design set-tools to gathering tools that not have a set already... <3

From what I've seen, there are three glyphs available already embedded in gemstore tools from before this update:

• Unbound magic (pick, axe, sickle)
  • Bonus sprockets (pick only)
  • Bonus rank 1-6 materials (sickle only)

Some of the sickles are faster than the others, but they don't seem to have glyphs. (The Wiki specifically notes this for the Consortium one, but I think the Fused Molten Sickle does as well.)

I'd also point out that the Shifting Sands pick is the ONLY non-set pick. There are five non-set sickles and four non-set axes.

I do absolutely agree on this being a bit unfair though.

I have 3 unlimited gathering tools without any special effects like Lucky Dog, Unbound Magic, etc..And for example my friend would have 3 unbound magic unlimited tools and would be able to exchange all 3 for glyphs + getting an extra glyph free because they had unlimited toolsAnd I have 3 unlimited tools aswell but they are not tradeable for a tool with a glyph like the unbound magic ones. But I get only 1 glyph?Shouldn't it be 1 free glyph per unlimited gathering tool you have??

D: I'm seriously frustrated now how some people are favoured. Aswell the tools that don't have any special glyph effects on them should be cheaper than the ones that do imo.. Like you now get to pay 1000 gems for tools without special glyph effects, But the tools with glyph effects cost the exact same amount which doesn't make sense to me at all..Kinda annoying, how some of my friends now run around with glyphs on all their tools while I only have 1, I love the leatherworking glyph i have now but I really wish I'd get a glyph for all my tools since others are at a serious advantage now with their tools..

So Anet, Please give everyone 1 glyph per tool that's not already giving unbound magic, trophies, sprockets, etc.. Or decrease the price of the tools that can't be traded for glyphs..Or atleast make it easier accessible. Really don't want to pay loads of karma to buy special tools..

@MauChann.3081 said:I do absolutely agree on this being a bit unfair though.

I have 3 unlimited gathering tools without any special effects like Lucky Dog, Unbound Magic, etc..And for example my friend would have 3 unbound magic unlimited tools and would be able to exchange all 3 for glyphs + getting an extra glyph free because they had unlimited toolsAnd I have 3 unlimited tools aswell but they are not tradeable for a tool with a glyph like the unbound magic ones. But I get only 1 glyph?Shouldn't it be 1 free glyph per unlimited gathering tool you have??

D: I'm seriously frustrated now how some people are favoured. Aswell the tools that don't have any special glyph effects on them should be cheaper than the ones that do imo.. Like you now get to pay 1000 gems for tools without special glyph effects, But the tools with glyph effects cost the exact same amount which doesn't make sense to me at all..Kinda annoying, how some of my friends now run around with glyphs on all their tools while I only have 1, I love the leatherworking glyph i have now but I really wish I'd get a glyph for all my tools since others are at a serious advantage now with their tools..

So Anet, Please give everyone 1 glyph per tool that's not already giving unbound magic, trophies, sprockets, etc.. Or decrease the price of the tools that can't be traded for glyphs..Or atleast make it easier accessible. Really don't want to pay loads of karma to buy special tools..

They have the same they had before mate either you had a effect on the tools or you dident.I have and still have watchwork pick, dream cleaver axe and jack in the box scythe.And someone with unbound magic tool got extra on all the 3 before and after glyph change.

You are just asking for a freebie here mate.

Archived