Artsariiv orbs as an ocx?

Guys this infuriating beyond imagination.I don't have a clue why but this has been a problem for me lately and I want to see if the community has any answers. On 100cm I usually play chrono because that's something I am particularly good at. But one of the roles of chrono is literally all of the mechanics -.- THIS ball bouncing mechanic however is literally driving me nuts.

A couple of months ago I could do it, it was super tight and close but I could do it fine. Over the last couple of months though, it's not the case, I just can't get it down anymore. So after I guess just one too many "learn how to play kitten chrono, I'm DPS I can't do it"s I decided to gg and overcome this to find another way, so today I decided to UP my game to the next level.

REBIND NOVA LAUNCH TO SPACE BAR

The idea is that I can spam spacebar faster than every other key on the keyboard, and hopefully I can shave a few milliseconds off and reduce the likelihood of it missing, I thought it was close because I never struggled with it before. I was so wrong, so devastatingly wrong.

Please guys I'm desperate now, how do you handle it with 270+ping? Is it actually possible to do it with so much lag? Should I just swap to my weaver or Druid and avoid chrono there for good?

I cri

I bind my special action to the R button and autorun to 6. Spacebar rebinding seems dicey since you need to do regular jumps a lot in both 99 and 100 cms, and you dont want to blow novalaunch all the time.

I also dont play on ping as high as yours but if you kinda memorized the artsaariv ball patterns the timers for the first 6 (?) are pretty forgiving. You can try turning your screen to where you know the next one will be right as you jump to the the current one.

If you are REALLY struggling why not just switch primary/backup with whoever you had as your backup?

@Zlater.6789 said:Please guys I'm desperate now, how do you handle it with 270+ping? Is it actually possible to do it with so much lag?

I feel you :bawling: with avg 300+ ping here. Possible to do it occasionally by spamming Nova Launch but will require help especially for the final jump (sometimes the Orb explode 0.5 seconds before I land :anguished: ) . No choice but to have another player to handle the role to be sure.

@Teamkiller.4315 said:I bind my special action to the R button and autorun to 6. Spacebar rebinding seems dicey since you need to do regular jumps a lot in both 99 and 100 cms, and you dont want to blow novalaunch all the time.

I also dont play on ping as high as yours but if you kinda memorized the artsaariv ball patterns the timers for the first 6 (?) are pretty forgiving. You can try turning your screen to where you know the next one will be right as you jump to the the current one.

If you are REALLY struggling why not just switch primary/backup with whoever you had as your backup?

yeah you're right

Jump isn't really necessary in the fight, there is one place, but it's trivialised by nova launch because you will either be nova launching to the first spot or using blurred frenzy on the anom. I can easily rebind back for arkk, I'm extremely comfortable with rapidly swapping traits, skills and weapons for every encounter, 1 setting for only 1 thing is trivial.

I'm not the least bit concerned about the orb locations, jumping to the right places isn't the problem. It's just getting there in time, maybe I should take a video and post it up and ask for help like that.

I like your auto run idea though, I used to just spam dodge roll for the 6th one and it would place me there without a hassle, my issue right now is getting to the 4th one :/

Yeah that's what I've been doing too and just asking one of the dps to fill for me, that's just not desirable though you know. Also you feel like trash for asking, especially on something so trivial.

Good groups don't even let the chrono do the orb anymore, he sticks with the group on Artsarriv pumping out those delicious boons.

You should let the warrior take care of the orb, you lose the least if you do that. So you can use that as a perfect excuse next time to never do the orbs ever again! (Or maybe if you need to do an emergency back up or something, but otherwise...)

Possible solutions:

1. Get better internet connection
  2. Git gud
  3. Let the warrior do it. Usually this is the common pug tactic nowadays to ensure that you provide alacrity + quickness to both dps classes. Weavers heavily require them for their proper rotations. Good groups will phase/kill her right before or as soon as the warrior has finished the tour. Something you should definitely aim for in your groups as well! Even with "No pain, no gain" as instability the warri must be able to rip boons before he is starting the bouncing lap either with the elite bubble or kick, dagger 3, F1 etc.

Good groups get the BS/Spb to do the orb with chrono as back up if bomb is on the warrior, then warrior picks orb up after the bomb. Of the DPS, the warrior will have the most Health and better passive defenses, meaning the chrono can stick near the squishiest dps sharing heals and distorts.

I was in a group the other day and we wiped 3 times here, I said, can warrior do the orb this time as the Chrono kept going for it. Killed it straight after. Simple change makes a huge difference.

@"Zlater.6789" said:Guys this infuriating beyond imagination.I don't have a clue why but this has been a problem for me lately and I want to see if the community has any answers. On 100cm I usually play chrono because that's something I am particularly good at. But one of the roles of chrono is literally all of the mechanics -.- THIS ball bouncing mechanic however is literally driving me nuts.

A couple of months ago I could do it, it was super tight and close but I could do it fine. Over the last couple of months though, it's not the case, I just can't get it down anymore. So after I guess just one too many "learn how to play kitten chrono, I'm DPS I can't do it"s I decided to gg and overcome this to find another way, so today I decided to UP my game to the next level.

REBIND NOVA LAUNCH TO SPACE BAR

The idea is that I can spam spacebar faster than every other key on the keyboard, and hopefully I can shave a few milliseconds off and reduce the likelihood of it missing, I thought it was close because I never struggled with it before. I was so wrong, so devastatingly wrong.

Please guys I'm desperate now, how do you handle it with 270+ping? Is it actually possible to do it with so much lag? Should I just swap to my weaver or Druid and avoid chrono there for good?

I cri

I'm playing at 400 ping ocx in EU. Can not execute full rotation for cs with chrono and can not do globolla marbles pass third one due to lag. But fortunately, I play druid and my hub play dps and we don't have it as main duty. The only way is anet fix it a bit for us. Idk how..

@"Vinceman.4572" said:Possible solutions:

1. Get better internet connection
  2. Git gud
  3. Let the warrior do it. Usually this is the common pug tactic nowadays to ensure that you provide alacrity + quickness to both dps classes. Weavers heavily require them for their proper rotations. Good groups will phase/kill her right before or as soon as the warrior has finished the tour. Something you should definitely aim for in your groups as well! Even with "No pain, no gain" as instability the warri must be able to rip boons before he is starting the bouncing lap either with the elite bubble or kick, dagger 3, F1 etc.

Can I get all 3?

I think getting the warrior to do it is probably the best option for now. Fractal chronomancers do very non-trivial dps too, I guess that's something that shouldn't be ignored either.

Archived