Macros in WvW?

needbeer.1687

seriously? ive run into a guild earlier. using macros. honestly. they have no place at all in WvW or competitive what-so-ever. personally i see it as a huge unfair advantage and im not the only one.so to the guys of the build " see you in the next{vid} enjoy being so bad you have to cheat. good job making nsp look bad.

Quite obvious people use macros, some use it for the minor jump dodge or some use it for quick one shot combos which mostly come from mesmer and thieves. Some actually do pull off those combos legit, but how do you separate those from the macro users? There's no way to prove it, or anything anet can do about it, other than like adjust skill cast times so that certain skills can't be chained so quickly, and that probably won't ever happen.

It's more common than what people think. I left a large WvW Guild because it was mandatory to use a macro for Soulbeast, else you were kicked from squad or told to play something else. Most of the professions had links to an optional macro and program. /me sighs.

I've never used a macro, and will never use a macro, but that does not help me against all those that do. coughMesmers&Thievescough

@XenesisII.1540 said:Quite obvious people use macros, some use it for the minor jump dodge or some use it for quick one shot combos which mostly come from mesmer and thieves. Some actually do pull off those combos legit, but how do you separate those from the macro users? There's no way to prove it, or anything anet can do about it, other than like adjust skill cast times so that certain skills can't be chained so quickly, and that probably won't ever happen.

Really? People use macros for jump-dodge? Incredulous.. Those 2 keys are literally side by side rofl

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Quite obvious people use macros, some use it for the minor jump dodge or some use it for quick one shot combos which mostly come from mesmer and thieves. Some actually do pull off those combos legit, but how do you separate those from the macro users? There's no way to prove it, or anything anet can do about it, other than like adjust skill cast times so that certain skills can't be chained so quickly, and that probably won't ever happen.

Really? People use macros for jump-dodge? Incredulous.. Those 2 keys are literally side by side rofl

Yeah, stupid. With a bit of training you can easily get it a majority of time. I believe people just overreact when people act in a fast way

I am the person that this guy is accusing of using macros. Here is me repping the guild he's talking about. https://gyazo.com/d3084b1e910433a3c172350c60e8a3bf

He's not very good at gw2. I 1shot him a few times today. Because he has no clue what's happening, he thinks I must be using macros. To this I would say that he should pop on over to my Youtube channel (vT Yumi) where I have GUIDES on how to do what I do.

You'll also be able to see the exact instances he's talking about in my next vid, bc him and his pals get put down pretty hard. Be sure to like and subscribe.

Bless!

@"A Lil.1724" said:I am the person that this guy is accusing of using macros. Here is me repping the guild he's talking about. https://gyazo.com/d3084b1e910433a3c172350c60e8a3bf

He's not very good at gw2. I 1shot him a few times today. Because he has no clue what's happening, he thinks I must be using macros. To this I would say that he should pop on over to my Youtube channel (vT Yumi) where I have GUIDES on how to do what I do.

You'll also be able to see the exact instances he's talking about in my next vid, bc him and his pals get put down pretty hard. Be sure to like and subscribe.

Bless!

It's almost like when people thought science was witchcraft back in the day.

@Uon.7491 said:It's more common than what people think. I left a large WvW Guild because it was mandatory to use a macro for Soulbeast, else you were kicked from squad or told to play something else. Most of the professions had links to an optional macro and program. /me sighs.

I've never used a macro, and will never use a macro, but that does not help me against all those that do. coughMesmers&Thievescough

hmm.. wonder if it was the same guild I was on at one time.. :P

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@Uon.7491 said:It's more common than what people think. I left a large WvW Guild because it was mandatory to use a macro for Soulbeast, else you were kicked from squad or told to play something else. Most of the professions had links to an optional macro and program. /me sighs.

I've never used a macro, and will never use a macro, but that does not help me against all those that do.
cough
Mesmers&Thieves
cough

hmm.. wonder if it was the same guild I was on at one time.. :P

I see that you are on Sea of Sorrows, so it may be the case. The guild doesn't seem to exist anymore, apart from a few members. I was not impressed by the pressure to use macros and quietly left.

I'm also a person that this guy is accusing of using macros. Unlike Yumi ( who does his burst with timing and precision on Mirage ) I'm playing a Holosmith so not even sure what macros I could / would be running? But I also agree he's not very good at gw2. We were mopping the floor with these guys over and over in a Camp fight right next to their Waypoint to which they never won till a 30+ zerg came and zerg'd us down and again because this guy has no clue what's happening or what to do, he thinks we must be using macros.

End of the day the guy just clearly isn't that good at GW2 and is literally just mad cause bad.

vT -Xan

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:As per usual, 99% of the time when someone claims that macros are being used, it's just because they were getting smeared across the ground by someone better than them.

The other 1% of the time it's a jump-dodge macro.

I see Jump dodge macro ALLLLL the time ( easily spotted when the player is EXTREMELY bad and/or keyboard turning but also.... jump dodging) never once cared lol.

@Sam.8193 said:I'm also a person that this guy is accusing of using macros. Unlike Yumi ( who does his burst with timing and precision on Mirage ) I'm playing a Holosmith so not even sure what macros I could / would be running? But I also agree he's not very good at gw2. We were mopping the floor with these guys over and over in a Camp fight right next to their Waypoint to which they never won till a 30+ zerg came and zerg'd us down and again because this guy has no clue what's happening or what to do, he thinks we must be using macros.

End of the day the guy just clearly isn't that good at GW2 and is literally just mad cause bad.

vT -Xan

I ve seen all your vids. Besides that you are an awesome player I have no idea why they would accuse you of using macros. .. one shot thiefs I can imagine having a benefit. But an engi?

It is sad that people hack and use macrosI dueled a guy from a server I cant say or I get in trouble..or his nameFound easy on my youtubeusing macros It took me 45ish sec to kill him(My ranger VS thief)W/o macros about 15 sec and his dammage was 50-75% less,every timeMacros are a crutch for bad players..just like hacksused by the same people that play a broken class when it comes out,thinking they are good...then it get fixed and they cry how so and so was "ruined/nurfed"

I dunno after a hundred hours of playing shatter mesmer you get very used to doing the shatter combo, I don’t do it perfectly every time and I do generally need about half an hour to warm up but any decent Mesmer player can shatter burst you in the blink of an eye...we’ll a blink of an eye once you factor in the 3/4s mirror blade cast.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@"Sam.8193" said:I'm also a person that this guy is accusing of using macros. Unlike Yumi ( who does his burst with timing and precision on Mirage ) I'm playing a Holosmith so not even sure what macros I could / would be running? But I also agree he's not very good at gw2. We were mopping the floor with these guys over and over in a Camp fight right next to their Waypoint to which they never won till a 30+ zerg came and zerg'd us down and again because this guy has no clue what's happening or what to do, he thinks we must be using macros.

vT -Xan

I ve seen all your vids. Besides that you are an awesome player I have no idea why they would accuse you of using macros. .. one shot thiefs I can imagine having a benefit. But an engi?

Ayeee thanks!! :grin: Yeah i was taken a back when he said Macros I was like: What would i even be macroing... There's no "Burst" or Combo's or anything But this guy just seems upset when anyone kills him and his mini zerg :lol:

@"needbeer.1687" said:seriously? ive run into a guild earlier. using macros. honestly. they have no place at all in WvW or competitive what-so-ever. personally i see it as a huge unfair advantage and im not the only one.so to the guys of the build " see you in the next{vid} enjoy being so bad you have to cheat. good job making nsp look bad.

Btw. Thanks for coming out and trying - Ended up being great clips for future video <3 :grin:

-vT Xan

@FASTCAR.7831 said:Found easy on my youtube

I doubt that, didnt you have like 50,000 videos of never dying and another 200,000 hidden videos?

Either way its kind of hard to tell what is macrod when skills dont have activation times and you can easily fat finger multiple buttons.

I also think Anet is being lazy preventing it even to a modest degree. I mean take the jump dodge. Make jumping take 10 endurance and boom, no more jump dodgers. Its that simple.

Archived