delete

Blue.1207

um besides backstab malice consumed grants an increase damage of 10% which I assume it uses the back damage as that base to increase the bonus damage from malic. I don't know if that bonus damage is affected by crits or not for which I mean is that does the the malice damage increase is added before the hit critically strikes or after.

Example to my confusion is if backstab back damage is at a base of 1000 and max malice is used (which is 7 so 70% bonus damage), would it go 1700 the crits or 1000 crits and 700 damage is added after it.

I don't know how he would hit you for 9k cloak and dagger except maybe he was running some build with high freocity and spamming some vulnerable to help increase the damage

Probably something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8lClOhNOBGOB8Phlxia+2/9i3bACgDYbDLrOE-jVSBABLcEAwTPgZKBpU9HjPBAA8AASUTgGHCgr2fU+FA4A48mX+5Dc+5nf+5nXzP/8zP/8zP/8zLFQELjA-w

Assume max bloodlust

Damage multipliers in the game are multiplicative, so the result is:Assassin's Signet Active + Steal to 3700 power multiplied by 1.07 (TF) 1.1 (FS) 1.15 (LA) 1.07 (HM) 1.1 (BD) 1.1 (Scholars) 1.1 (Impact in BV) * 1.05 (Force) = 2.02 Plus CnD stacks 5 vuln so around 2.1

So the default backstab is dealing a bit over twice its unmodified damage on 256% critical damage (factor in NQ) on a 2.4 damage coefficient at 3700 power.

Marauder meta D/P runs much fewer modifiers and around 1000 less power, so an 8k backstab is boosted to around 24k with this setup.

Again, nothing really new. The old SoP D/D core build used to actually hit harder because the old Assassin's Signet would provide an additional 15% damage modifier on top of all this (nearly 25% additional damage all said and done), with no stat loss from might-conversion from signets.

Thus why D/P Assassin's Signet Malice-on-heal SA Deadeye is going to be a problem lol. It'll deal even more damage with a +50% extra damage backstab with permastealth to something roughly around the 35k mark.

But ANet balancing ¯\(ツ)

that is just a normal backstab, wait until you run into a fully charged malicious backstab, then that one will look like it was just tickling :D

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Thus why D/P Assassin's Signet Malice-on-heal SA Deadeye is going to be a problem lol. It'll deal even more damage with a +50% extra damage backstab with permastealth to something roughly around the 35k mark.

actually with d/d + rifle its higher crits.becuase you still have perma invis, you now use the rifle smoke field anyway. then when m7 procs , you trait swap and CnD for 2nd M7 proc => 20 might and there you go :D

Archived