Removed Threads

Meteor.3720

@Aktium.9506 said:

@Patrick.2987 said:At least they buffed scourge.Barely though. Nourishing Rot triggered constantly off cooldown in most fights. I don't reckon the buff to make it trigger on burning application isn't going to change much.

It was a trait used on every meta build on a required profession which makes it even more required and was totally not needed. They should have instead removed conditions from shadeskills if sand savant is equipped.

@Patrick.2987 said:

@Patrick.2987 said:At least they buffed scourge.Barely though. Nourishing Rot triggered constantly off cooldown in most fights. I don't reckon the buff to make it trigger on burning application isn't going to change much.

It was a trait used on every meta build on a required profession which makes it even more required and was totally not needed. They should have instead removed conditions from shadeskills if sand savant is equipped.

Nourish Rot was proc'ed on ICD before the patch. Nothing changed in that regard.

What did change is that Scourge no longer has to stack boonrip in order to maintain life force stability, which is very important for build diversity.

@Crinn.7864 said:

Nourish Rot was proc'ed on ICD before the patch. Nothing changed in that regard.

What did change is that Scourge no longer has to stack boonrip in order to maintain life force stability, which is very important for build diversity.

Or... could it be... that it was changed so necros could use this trait in pve?( If you going to say "Its not meta in raids" i will punch a wall)Maybe there is more to this game then pvp.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Or... could it be... that it was changed so necros could use this trait in pve?( If you going to say "Its not meta in raids" i will punch a wall)Maybe there is more to this game then pvp.

screw pve.... you can use whatever you want and pve and be fiiiiiine

I'm sure pages of people being angry and saying nothing constructive aren't worth having around. I've seen a few of those threads, replied to them as well. Most of it was just ranting how incompetent they are so why should they keep that stuff around?

• ArenaNet Staff

We're not going to engage in yet another unproductive conversation about removed threads, so I'll close this. But let me explain some of the recent removals:

• Most feedback about yesterday's balance patch was merged, either into a general feedback thread or into specific [profession] threads. A few were moved to a different subforum in order to accomplish an effective merge. And a few (and yes, I looked - very few) were removed straight up, because they were not helpful, were expressed as attacks, were essentially completely without constructive value.
  • Threads like this, with a clickbait title (I mean "ummmmm" means something of value?) and at least the scent of rumor-mongering (when many threads were merged, even if that was not noted by the OP) don't make much of a contribution to the forums,. Hosting such threads diffuses the conversation and wastes the time of those reading and those who want to focus on topics worth discussing.
  • The devs want your feedback and they do read the forums daily. They respect the input of players, even if, sometimes, player fail to return that respect. And when I say "respect" I mean just that: respect. I don't mean "yes people" or "everything you say is golden," or "Anet can do no wrong." Constructive feedback would be "I disagree with this change, and here's why." Unconstructive feedback would be "Your changes suck and I believe your dog gave me fleas." :)
  • No one should be expected to wade through useless posts (which contain no valid details, no examples, that consist solely of ranting) or posts that malign or attack -- and "no one" in this context means no one: forum members, devs, moderators, admins -- literally no one.
  • I suggest that you post as if you were having an actual, honest-to-Dwayna conversation with a dev, where you probably would expect the exchange to be about ideas, and not a bunch of off-topic, insulting "I think you suck" comments. Offer feedback, by all means. Make suggestions, of course. Express your displeasure or your disagreement, naturally. But do it in a form that's helpful, constructive, of value, worth reading.
  • Lastly, a personal note: I read balance input with interest, because, in part, I don't really feel as if I have a pony in the race. I joke with devs about how they should buff my profession by 100% in every area. Many people have noted it and I'm going to say it, too: When you're close to something, your view is not broad. When you are invested in a profession, you may not see when it's too powerful, or note that the buffs you request are not needed, or the nerfs you resent are entirely necessary for the game as a whole. I believe and trust that the devs charged with skill balance will be looking at The Big Picture and not at their chosen profession or the one that is complained about most (from a nerf-it or buff-it perspective). I fully understand that not everyone will agree with me, and that many feel they know better. I'm not insisting that players, collectively and individually, don't know a lot -- I'm just suggesting that before demanding changes, players might recognize that their input comes from a personal view, and that the team members charged with the game in its entirety need to view the game as a whole and act accordingly. Once someone has that in mind, their feedback, input, concerns, and even arguments will truly help in making a better game.

Archived