Shadow Gust bug

Tabootrinket.2631

So I don't know if it's been mentioned before but when you activate shadow gust with a rifle, there's a slight delay between the moment you knockback mobs and the moment you stealth.

So what always happen is, instead of going stealth and have access to Death's Judgement, I fire a normal autoattack bullet while in stealth (which looks weird to me) and get instantly revealed instead.

i think that is to avoid the skill to reveal itself, it should work if you disable AA. such effects are alot in this game. for example you can while in stealth use spottersshot and already spamm DJ key this way you will use out of stealth spotters that will reveal you and then DJ. or if you kneel you can use withdrawl/roll for initative duing wich you do not count as kneeling and use deaths retreat, at the end of it you will be automaticaly kneeling without using ini/animation. thats all effects of skillqueue.

@"Tabootrinket.2631" said:So I don't know if it's been mentioned before but when you activate shadow gust with a rifle, there's a slight delay between the moment you knockback mobs and the moment you stealth.

So what always happen is, instead of going stealth and have access to Death's Judgement, I fire a normal autoattack bullet while in stealth (which looks weird to me) and get instantly revealed instead.

This happens with certain stealth granting abilities when weapon's auto attack function is turned on. It isn't as noticeable with a melee weapon on, but with ranged weapons it is glaringly obvious.

What happens is that certain abilities trigger an auto attack when they shouldn't. Shadow Gust and hidden thief: shadow arts line's "stealth steal", and many more I'm sure over different classes (but those are the only two for thief I've found). When using these abilities, if you have auto attack on your weapon turned on, you will fire off a random auto attack for no reason AFTER applying the stealth, and THEN auto attack will stop (revealing you). Only way to stop this is to not face your opponent when using the abilities, de-target, or turn off weapon auto attack.

This doesn't happen with all stealth granting things though. Gaining stealth usually completely stops your auto attack, as it should. But now rifle is making another old problem glaringly obvious: the new dodge roll stealth works properly in this way, it DOESN'T fire off the RANDOM auto attack, however suffers from a completely different problem of "lingering/slow" attacks landing AFTER your stealth application, revealing you. Rifles AA is slow and then dodging for stealth or applying some quick stealth like Blinding Powder will auto reveal you if you aren't careful.

If you want to very clearly see this random auto attack issue in comparison to the lingering/slow attacks revealing you rifle issue, turn on auto attack for any given weapon, and stand in range of your target for that weapon. Use Shadow gust. It will fire off a random out of nowhere auto attack that reveals you, you don't even have to have started an AA chain to begin with, it will spit one out for you. I'd try with a ranged weapon since gust will knock the enemy out of melee range and thus the random auto attack won't go off.

Archived