condi engi for spvp ....

EUmad.7645

hi,i know that condi engi is not really viable now . I wanted to try a different approch so i arrived to this .It is a fun build , surely not the best but fun. Pistols lack damages but i have seen that if you activate quickness on an enemy with conditions you make the damage faster so you can really burst with this . Quickness on condi is simpler to use than with power becouse with power you have to "do action" instead with condi damage you can activate quickness "after" your skills hit .
So i decided to try to create a build . the idea is simple ... spam condi and press on elixir U.The other elixir on this build is S but you can switch it to C ( really strong ) or B as u prefer . It is not a new meta but if you love pistols and you want to try something different give it a try.I suggest you to take sneak gyro instead of elixir X if you remove elixir S ( i really really love elixir X ) .Don't use this for tournament but try it for fun .http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh2tY5Vw+KQ+FLsFF4HuBBAdwf8PvYHNFPBA-jJRAQBA4BAUo9H+4JAoMlBAA

I mean, play what you want, but just glancing at that build, I don't think you're really taking advantage of quickness.

• Your highest damage attack (blowtorch - already fast enough) and most useful utility (static shot - instant) don't get anything from quickness.
  • Your autoattacks do benefit, but autoattack on pistol is SO BAD and so slow it's almost not worth using even with quickness.
  • You get a sped up poison dart volley, which feels really nice, but is not too effective in terms of actually doing damage.
  • Uh.. maybe fumigate benefits from quickness? but again, not much damage.

Personally, I think quickness goes best on a Hammer Scrapper or Holosmith where you can take full advantage of sped-up high-damage autoattacks.

For condi, I prefer Sneak Gyro, which lets you hide in stealth (because it takes so goddamn long for your condi to kill anyone these days..), and Rocket Boots, which gets you an escape and good burning damage from Rocket Kick. I think Scrapper is definitely a good choice though because you can't cleave downs with a condi build, so having Function Gyro to help finish is great.

You're right that this build should only be played for fun and not tournaments.

Core condition engineer with pistols is by far the weakest build in the game. Rifle only gets away with it because the utility skills are not as useless as the pistol main hand skills. The pistols definitely need a buff. Not only that, but the kits could also be buffed. What other way can ArenaNet buff core engineer without buffing Holosmith?

• 2 weeks later...

@Hoodie.1045 said:You're right that this build should only be played for fun and not tournaments.

Core condition engineer with pistols is by far the weakest build in the game. Rifle only gets away with it because the utility skills are not as useless as the pistol main hand skills. The pistols definitely need a buff. Not only that, but the kits could also be buffed. What other way can ArenaNet buff core engineer without buffing Holosmith?

While I agree that pistols could use a slight buff, I dont agree that its teh weakest build in the game. I have wrecked many faces with my p/p core build (no kits, no turrets) in PvP and WvW. Its not super strong like some other condi builds cough scourge cough however it is fun and can be effective.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Hoodie.1045 said:You're right that this build should only be played for fun and not tournaments.

While I agree that pistols could use a slight buff, I dont agree that its teh weakest build in the game. I have wrecked many faces with my p/p core build (no kits, no turrets) in PvP and WvW. Its not super strong like some other condi builds
cough
scourge
cough
however it is fun and can be effective.

I meant weakest in terms of being a condition build. Condition engineer is really lackluster compared to other condition builds.

The problem is that you can't reliably make damage stick when most classes have tons of on-demand condi clear (and they need to because of Mirage and Scourge).

• If you land the skills at all (ie. not blocked or evaded)..
  • and if you land the condi in the right order (damaging before cover)..
  • and your opponent doesn't have much cleanse..
  • or resistance
  • and their teammates don't have shared cleanse (eg. Support FB)..
  • AND you can survive long enough for your conditions to tick enough to down someone (5-10s or more)
  • and you can finish/cleave the downed player (difficult with condi compared to power)

.. then maybe you can get a kill. If you miss or screw up or your opponent cleanses, it'll be another 10-15s before you have any serious pressure back as your main condi skills are on long cooldowns (eg. blowtorch). Poison dart volley and Fragmentation shot barely do enough damage to out-tick most opponents' passive regen.

But why go through that trouble when you could just roll holo and cc-chain, then nuke someone dead in a few seconds?

@Hoodie.1045 said:

While I agree that pistols could use a slight buff, I dont agree that its teh weakest build in the game. I have wrecked many faces with my p/p core build (no kits, no turrets) in PvP and WvW. Its not super strong like some other condi builds
cough
scourge
cough
however it is fun and can be effective.

I meant weakest in terms of being a condition build. Condition engineer is really lackluster compared to other condition builds.

Sadly i find p/p engi the most fun thing to play but i agree with you that is is super weak. Try to roll a condi mirage and see the difference.....

@coro.3176 said:The problem is that you can't reliably make damage stick when most classes have tons of on-demand condi clear (and they need to because of Mirage and Scourge).

• If you land the skills at all (ie. not blocked or evaded)..
  • and if you land the condi in the right order (damaging before cover)..
  • and your opponent doesn't have much cleanse..
  • or resistance
  • and their teammates don't have shared cleanse (eg. Support FB)..
  • AND you can survive long enough for your conditions to tick enough to down someone (5-10s or more)
  • and you can finish/cleave the downed player (difficult with condi compared to power)

.. then maybe you can get a kill. If you miss or screw up or your opponent cleanses, it'll be another 10-15s before you have any serious pressure back as your main condi skills are on long cooldowns (eg. blowtorch). Poison dart volley and Fragmentation shot barely do enough damage to out-tick most opponents' passive regen.

But why go through that trouble when you could just roll holo and cc-chain, then nuke someone dead in a few seconds?

Don't forget how much defense you have to sacrifice to even have that offensive opportunity. You usually have to roll firearms and explosives, leaving you with only the watered-down alchemy or inventions of late.

Don't forget how much defense you have to sacrifice to even have that offensive opportunity. You usually have to roll firearms and explosives, leaving you with only the watered-down alchemy or inventions of late.Firearms is enough. Usually i take firearms, alchemy tools becouse toolkit is really fun. If toolkit would have a little bit more damage on 1, 2 ,3 it would be great .Explosive is more a power trait and a bit a trash trait line

Toolkit is probably my favourite set of skills in the game, so I never run a build without it .. but I can't say it's in the best spot right now.

Magnet has some niche uses for preventing caps and repositioning enemies, but mostly you use it to set up for a combo (eg. pry bar, blowtorch, rocket kick etc.) This is not effective vs the meta builds these days. A mirage that isn't half asleep will dodge-stunbreak it, and a scourge will just spam all their buttons to create massive aoes that you are now in the center of. You can execute your combo, but you're probably going to eat more damage than you inflict and you'll need to double-dodge out of the shades.

I also think Scrapper does more for you defensively than Alchemy, but that's just personal opinion.

@coro.3176 said:Toolkit is probably my favourite set of skills in the game, so I never run a build without it .. but I can't say it's in the best spot right now.

Magnet has some niche uses for preventing caps and repositioning enemies, but mostly you use it to set up for a combo (eg. pry bar, blowtorch, rocket kick etc.) This is not effective vs the meta builds these days. A mirage that isn't half asleep will dodge-stunbreak it, and a scourge will just spam all their buttons to create massive aoes that you are now in the center of. You can execute your combo, but you're probably going to eat more damage than you inflict and you'll need to double-dodge out of the shades.

I also think Scrapper does more for you defensively than Alchemy, but that's just personal opinion.

Is it better firearms tools scrapper ?

That's what I use. Again, I want to reiterate that the entire build is really really underpowered right now. You just can't make enough damage stick vs the amount of cleanse everyone else has.

I take Gadgeteer for mobility with Rocket Boots, Streamlined Kits for perma-swiftness and some on-demand superspeed, and Power Wrench for reduced cooldown on magnet and gear shield. Tools also gets you cooldown reduction on your toolbelt skills, which really helps. Rocket Kick's cooldown now roughly matches Blowtorch. You can Throw Wrench more often for cover condi, and you can rely on Regenerating Mist to be up more often for another water field to blast with Rocket Boots. The perma-swiftness and superspeed has decent synergy with Scrapper's Rapid Regeneration trait.

The only thing is, you're super weak to condi with this build, so you need to avoid getting hit, and/or be ready to disengage immediately if you do get condi bombed. You can't fight through it. Rocket Boots before cleanse helps because that will clear the movement-impairing condi first, so your other cleanse is guaranteed to hit the damaging ones. You can also bring purge gyro vs condi heavy teams, but it dies really quick..

But yeah, I mostly play it as a hit-and-run style build, like a worse thief.

@"coro.3176" said:That's what I use. Again, I want to reiterate that the entire build is really really underpowered right now. You just can't make enough damage stick vs the amount of cleanse everyone else has.

I take Gadgeteer for mobility with Rocket Boots, Streamlined Kits for perma-swiftness and some on-demand superspeed, and Power Wrench for reduced cooldown on magnet and gear shield. Tools also gets you cooldown reduction on your toolbelt skills, which really helps. Rocket Kick's cooldown now roughly matches Blowtorch. You can Throw Wrench more often for cover condi, and you can rely on Regenerating Mist to be up more often for another water field to blast with Rocket Boots. The perma-swiftness and superspeed has decent synergy with Scrapper's Rapid Regeneration trait.

The only thing is, you're super weak to condi with this build, so you need to avoid getting hit, and/or be ready to disengage immediately if you do get condi bombed. You can't fight through it. Rocket Boots before cleanse helps because that will clear the movement-impairing condi first, so your other cleanse is guaranteed to hit the damaging ones. You can also bring purge gyro vs condi heavy teams, but it dies really quick..

Do u use aed or ht ? IN WVW i play something like this . it is fun but it is not that effective http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUIC1ahlcB+dBEqiF2iC8D3gAYsNGjajO4H+kH-jJRAwAlLDA4BAEb/BDnAAA

@EUmad.7645 said:

@coro.3176 said:That's what I use. Again, I want to reiterate that the entire build is really really underpowered right now. You just can't make enough damage stick vs the amount of cleanse everyone else has.

Do u use aed or ht ?

HT. Shorter cooldown, way more team support (aoe cleanse, 2 water fields, lots of regen), almost as good healing in the best case, way better healing in the worst case. It also can't be exploited by a smart opponent to kill you.

If you can make AED work though, more power to you.

HT. Shorter cooldown, way more team support (aoe cleanse, 2 water fields, lots of regen), almost as good healing in the best case, way better healing in the worst case. It also can't be exploited by a smart opponent to kill you.

If you can make AED work though, more power to you.

Till the time they modified HT cast time i found it hard to use too without scrapper or holo. A.E.D. is a strange thing. it is really unnatural but if you get used to it, it can be ok. I am not saying that it is good , but traited , it can be fun ( 24 cd , with 8 secs of activations can mean 16 seconds cd... ) . For me the real problem is not the sustain , but the lack of damage with condi engineer..... if you don't take alchemy i think you don't take Elixir Gun, so the only condi alternative is FT... which is not that good ....

Yeah. FT is not very good in PvP. There's no obvious other skill to pick, so it's down to preference. I like Grenade Kit even though it's slow without the Explosives trait. It's handy to have ranged aoe condi (bleed + poison). Bulwark gyro is an option for the on-demand stab and projectile hate. Some people really like elixir S, but IMO it gets you killed more often than it saves you, and it's probably not worth it unless you trait elixirs.

Maybe PBR would work in that slot too?

Try running this build in sPvP. With a little kiting and a little "parkour", it works pretty well.

• Super Elixir + (Acid bomb or Magnetic Inversion) for condi cleanse.
  • (Regenerating Mist or Healing Turret) + Magnetic Shield, Supply Crate and Med Pack Drop for healing.
  • Smoke Vent or Elixir S for stomping.
  • Incendiary Ammo + Poison Dart Volley for burst.
  • Napalm + Fumigate for cleaving.
  • Air Blast + Glob Shot + Magnetic Inversion for decaping.
  • Magnetic Shield, Static Shield, Toss Elixir S and Elixir S for escaping.

Comon, it is not that bad. But of course, slight damage buff would be welcomed.

@"michelada.2947" said:Condi engi is "weak" on damage but is super strong in Condi duration, so you have to be a little tanky to wait for your conditions to do the damage, this is why Condi scrapper is the Best Condi build i have ever tried with my engi

... but duration is meaningless if your opponents have a cleanse every few seconds. It doesn't matter if you can slam down a 15s burn when your opponent cleanses every time they gain a certain boon or use a certain skill type or dodge. Your condi cooldowns are longer than their cleanse cooldowns.

@"Eme.2018" said:Try running this build in sPvP. With a little kiting and a little "parkour", it works pretty well.

• Super Elixir + (Acid bomb or Magnetic Inversion) for condi cleanse.
  • (Regenerating Mist or Healing Turret) + Magnetic Shield, Supply Crate and Med Pack Drop for healing.
  • Smoke Vent or Elixir S for stomping.
  • Incendiary Ammo + Poison Dart Volley for burst.
  • Napalm + Fumigate for cleaving.
  • Air Blast + Glob Shot + Magnetic Inversion for decaping.
  • Magnetic Shield, Static Shield, Toss Elixir S and Elixir S for escaping.

Comon, it is not that bad. But of course, slight damage buff would be welcomed.

Just .. just no. Don't try running that. It is that bad. Condi's #1 problem is dealing enough damage, and you're going to run shield instead of offhand pistol, giving up the #1 source of damage in blowtorch?

• Incendiary Ammo's cooldown is like 40-50s, and that assumes your projectiles aren't blocked. Your opponents have a cleanse every few seconds. Good luck.
  • Fumigate + Poison dart volley do no basically no damage
  • Napalm + other Flamethrower skills: really awkward to land and no one is going to take more than 1 tick of of the ground aoe in any pvp situation

Look, I know condi is in a bad spot right now, but shield offhand is just handicapping you even further. You really really need blowtorch.

@coro.3176 said:Just .. just no. Don't try running that. It is that bad. Condi's #1 problem is dealing enough damage, and you're going to run shield instead of offhand pistol, giving up the #1 source of damage in blowtorch?

• Incendiary Ammo's cooldown is like 40-50s, and that assumes your projectiles aren't blocked. Your opponents have a cleanse every few seconds. Good luck.
  • Napalm + other Flamethrower skills: really awkward to land and no one is going to take more than 1 tick of of the ground aoe in any pvp situation

Look, I know condi is in a bad spot right now, but shield offhand is just handicapping you even further. You really really need blowtorch.

Yes, pick a build that has got one of the shittiest DPS in game and focus on building DPS, very smart.I know it very much depends on the play-style but if you picked condi engi in order to team-fight and DPS you have lost already.

@Eme.2018 said:

@coro.3176 said:Just .. just no. Don't try running that. It is
that
bad. Condi's #1 problem is dealing enough damage, and you're going to run shield instead of offhand pistol, giving up the #1 source of damage in blowtorch?

Yes, pick a build that has got one of the kitten DPS in game and focus on building DPS, very smart.I know it very much depends on the play-style but if you picked condi engi in order to team-fight and DPS you have lost already.

If it's bunker you're going for then, you could be doing it much better on other classes - specifically support FB, which helps your team way more than condi engi could. Even Hammer Scrapper would be better than condi engi.

You're not going to hold a point with that build. Any Holo, Spellbreaker, Scourge, or even off-meta classes like Reaper will just YOLO in and kill you or force a decap within seconds.

@coro.3176 said:If it's bunker you're going for then, you could be doing it much better on other classes - specifically support FB, which helps your team way more than condi engi could. Even Hammer Scrapper would be better than condi engi.

You're not going to hold a point with that build. Any Holo, Spellbreaker, Scourge, or even off-meta classes like Reaper will just YOLO in and kill you or force a decap within seconds.

No of course, you can't hold a point no matter what.I have found that duelling or (if you can't kill them) simply decaping a point (utilizing the knock-backs and the cripple) will be good enough.A specific niche for condition engineer in this META does not exist, that's for sure. You can only improvise.

@"michelada.2947" said:Condi engi is "weak" on damage but is super strong in Condi duration, so you have to be a little tanky to wait for your conditions to do the damage, this is why Condi scrapper is the Best Condi build i have ever tried with my engi

try to do 1 vs 1 against a decend condi mirage.....

@coro.3176 said:Yeah. FT is not very good in PvP. There's no obvious other skill to pick, so it's down to preference. I like Grenade Kit even though it's slow without the Explosives trait. It's handy to have ranged aoe condi (bleed + poison). Bulwark gyro is an option for the on-demand stab and projectile hate. Some people really like elixir S, but IMO it gets you killed more often than it saves you, and it's probably not worth it unless you trait elixirs.

Maybe PBR would work in that slot too?

PBR ? Problem of nades is now that wihtout traits in explosive and explosion they don't do that damage too ... nades now are much more power orientend than condi

Personal Battering Ram. The ranged daze is nice and the launch cc can buy you a few seconds for your condi to tick. It also burns if you have the gadgeteer trait.

Re: Grenades - with condi scrapper (instead of explosives), the only grenades you want to use are Shrapnel ( I think that's ~7k+ of aoe bleed on a low cooldown) and Poison (meh damage, high cooldown). Even with explosives and a very high critical chance, the bleed proc damage is not very high compared to the built-in bleeds on Shrapnel Grenade. You can basically ignore the rest of the skills unless you need their utility. Flash grenades to blind downs before a stomp. Chill to slow enemies a bit.

Archived