[Suggestion] Hidden Elite Spec Professions

In the next expansion I would like to suggest instead of having the Elite Spec there for you to automatically get instead you have to go round and find hints to it to unlock it before you can use your points on it. They had the idea in having NPC's that talked about their Spec in PoF it could have been started via that.

OR a different idea is to release one spec (again hidden) before the expansion comes out that ALL current Professions can use with slight skill changes that match a profession. IE Dervish, Ritualist, Chronomancer, or some other spec that players have suggested. (I've read a few good ones on the forums). It would be like finding out about the Griffon after launch. Each profession would have different hints to find. Don't make it easy to get but rather a challenge for people to discover and work towards.

Just an idea to make Elite Specs more fun to get.

@Firebird Gomer.9563 said:In the next expansion I would like to suggest instead of having the Elite Spec there for you to automatically get instead you have to go round and find hints to it to unlock it before you can use your points on it. They had the idea in having NPC's that talked about their Spec in PoF it could have been started via that.

This would last approximately two hours, at which point Dulfy would publish a guide, and most players would simply follow that to obtain the elite.

Like, I get where you are coming from, but I think the return on investment in terms of player enjoyment would not justify this.

I don't think the idea is to make it more difficult to get, or to make it a secret, but to give a story reason as to why you're picking up these skills. It took the Elonians 200 years to develop these specialized techniques, and we seemingly came up with them ourselves on the airship ride over. It only makes sense we should at least have to go check in with the respective master in Amnoon before we learn how to do it ourselves. Like how you have to go talk to the armorsmith before you pick up that crafting discipline.

Archived