How is it possible to do 22k on 2.5k armor with thief backstab?

Marcel.1857

Hi,like the title mentioned i want to know how a thief can deal that much dps with just one skill.If you know how to do, let me know how to do (i run 2.5k Armor and got that crit that riped me full life to down (22.8k hp).You can see the dps screen on: http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=cf7fc1-1529940355.png

This should be no complain about op dps, i just want to know how to do so, which circumstances need to be fulfilled to deal that much.Hope some thiefs can help me out.

well its not a deadeye from whom you would recieve more. sadly you only posted the backstab part of the fight so we dont know circumstances.i made before deadeye rework so with normal backstab without vuln a 27k backstab on a mesmer while running with SA, i guess with might + possible vuln more than that is possible.the more you show us from the fight, the more we can tell you about it.

Well there wasn´t more i got insta down from his backstab, sadly that´s the only thing i got in the dmg log cuz he invis stomped me next.And that´s it it was like 1 second and rip all i know is that he hitted me from behind and my thoughness stats /armor are 2.5k armor and the life you see in the dps log report snap.

@Marcel.1857 said:Well there wasn´t more i got insta down from his backstab, sadly that´s the only thing i got in the dmg log cuz he invis stomped me next.And that´s it it was like 1 second and rip all i know is that he hitted me from behind and my thoughness stats /armor are 2.5k armor and the life you see in the dps log report snap.

A full log is better than a snip of one specific instance.Help them help you and post the full log.You don't know what other information they would be able to gather from having a full screen if you never show it.

@NuhDah.9812 said:If they removed revealed after backstab to stealth stomp you they were probably Deadeye.

no a deadeye even to an unmarked target will show malicious backstab in the log. altho he should be doing a normal backstab there.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Full zerk with scholar runes and force sigil. Meta Power food and utility.DA, CS and DD. Activate Power signet and haste skill, Dodge and Backstab.

if there is ONLY backstab in the log then trickery is better then DA. because 15% damage modifier while DA will only grant damage modifier on condition / below 50% or additional power when revealed but then you would need to break stealth during backstab with steal for example. well thats why i asked for more info :3 you also cant see if he had might stacks from a shadow trap for example. haste also does not increase your backstab unless your a deadeye with BQoBK wich he was not.

The single largest component of high single attack damage in a thief build is how the percent modifiers are used in the given build. These can cause significsnt damage swings even prior to the crit. We know it not DE and I have doubts DA in the build as executioner would not have kicked in. I suspect it CS/DD/Tr.

I can not tell if you had any vuln on prior and that might well be a factor. It hard to say whether the thief had piled up some Might prior to this attack via shadow trap, assassins fury , or a p/p unload and those can make a significant impact.

I have recently begun distributing a Night weapon set across all my pwer builds wherein each will have a weapon with sigil of night coupled with force sigil. This leads to a significant always on source of damage so he might have that in his build as well. Without DA and If bound used in his build for stealth you can get the following sources of damage add before crit. 15 percent lead attacks , 10 percent bound , 7 percent havoc mastery ,10 percent Night sigil , 5 percent force sigil. 10 percent scholars.

DA might be used and this would have given 10 percent add but then either havoc mastery with bound lost or lead attacks lost and damage would be lower than those choices.

Damage modifiers when stacked are what allow the thief to deal more damage than most other professions but come at some pretty major costs. Modifiers stack multiplicatively rather than additively, making them the best sources of damage increases in the game.

The player was not a DE because of no Malicious Backstab.

Such a build needs to run DA/CS/Tr core or CS/Tr/DrD or DA/CS/DrD, likely using D/P with Assassin's Signet and berserker gear, possibly full valk taking the damage hit by running HK instead of NQ in CS.

Options:

DA: Exposed Weakness (10%) and possibly Executioner (20%)CS: Twin Fangs (7%) Practiced Tolerance (about 6% on zerk converted), Ferocious Strikes (10%, incompatible with Executioner), NQ (About 8% converted) -> Ferocity summed up belowTr: Lead Attacks (15%)DrD: Havoc Mastery (7%), Bounding Dodger (10%)

All have Scholar Runes (10%), Force Sigil (5%), and Impact Sigil (10%) as well.

The CS/Tr/DrD option which has the highest damage if the target is at max health sets up the following situation:+540 power from Assassin's Signet, +30 power from ToTC's might +250 power from bloodlust -> 3693 power on engage.Dagger weapon damage on ascended dagger is 970-1030 so assume 1000Backstab has a coefficient of 2.4

Plug this into the formula for damage:

2.4 1000 3693 2.55 (Ferocity) 1.07 1.1 1.15 1.07 1.1 1.05 1.1 * 1.1/ 2500 = 18299

It is possible that the thief was using a Night sigil instead of a Force one. This would bring the damage to 19170.

With the +3% on the base weapon damage roll hitting max: 19745

This does not include any extra might, structural/guild aura buffs from towers or keeps, borderlands bloodlust, or other damage modifiers from other professions on the thief or vuln inflicted on the target. The damage can theoretically be higher by swapping DA in place of Trickery with D/D for +5 vuln from CnD and with the damage from Mug + CnD, proc Executioner for +20% damage on the strike despite the loss of Ferocious Strikes' bonus thanks to how multipliers stack each other.

Strictly speaking, it's theoretically possible the thief could have dealt more damage under ideal conditions; it's just unlikely. The 22k number was on the high-end but not unreasonable based on factors we simply can't see from one line of damage logs or where you were standing or what conditions were met.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Damage modifiers when stacked are what allow the thief to deal more damage than most other professions but come at some pretty major costs. Modifiers stack multiplicatively rather than additively, making them the best sources of damage increases in the game.

Such a build needs to run DA/CS/Tr core or CS/Tr/DrD or DA/CS/DrD, likely using D/P with Assassin's Signet and berserker gear, possibly full valk taking the damage hit by running HK instead of NQ in CS.

Options:

DA: Exposed Weakness (10%) and possibly Executioner (20%)CS: Twin Fangs (7%) Practiced Tolerance (about 6% on zerk converted), Ferocious Strikes (10%, incompatible with Executioner), NQ (About 8% converted) -> Ferocity summed up belowTr: Lead Attacks (15%)DrD: Havoc Mastery (7%), Bounding Dodger (10%)

The CS/Tr/DrD option which has the highest damage if the target is at max health sets up the following situation:+540 power from Assassin's Signet, +30 power from ToTC's might +250 power from bloodlust -> 3693 power on engage.Dagger weapon damage on ascended dagger is 970-1030 so assume 1000Backstab has a coefficient of 2.4

2.4 1000 3693 2.55 (Ferocity) 1.07 1.1 1.15 1.07 1.1 1.05 1.1 * 1.1/ 2500 = 18299

It is possible that the thief was using a Night sigil instead of a Force one. This would bring the damage to 19170.

This does not include any extra might, structural/guild aura buffs from towers or keeps, borderlands bloodlust, or other damage modifiers from other professions on the thief or vuln inflicted on the target. The damage can theoretically be higher by swapping DA in place of Trickery with D/D for +5 vuln from CnD and with the damage from Mug + CnD, proc Executioner for +20% damage on the strike despite the loss of Ferocious Strikes' bonus thanks to how multipliers stack each other.

Strictly speaking, it's theoretically possible the thief could have dealt more damage under ideal conditions; it's just unlikely. The 22k number was on the high-end but not unreasonable based on factors we simply can't see from one line of damage logs or where you were standing or what conditions were met.

Wait, where would the Impact sigil be proccing from? Are you assuming Basilisk Venom?

@JonnyForgotten.4276 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Damage modifiers when stacked are what allow the thief to deal more damage than most other professions but come at some pretty major costs. Modifiers stack multiplicatively rather than additively, making them the best sources of damage increases in the game.

Options:

2.55 (Ferocity)
1.1 * 1.1/ 2500 = 18299

Wait, where would the Impact sigil be proccing from? Are you assuming Basilisk Venom?

Correct; or Sleight of Hand if using the Stab-steal technique.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

Options:

2.55 (Ferocity)
1.1 * 1.1/ 2500 = 18299

Correct; or Sleight of Hand if using the Stab-steal technique.

Oh, cool. Didn't think it procced off of SoH. Thought it had to be a stun like off of s/p 3, not a daze. Thanks!

Archived