Will the mount skins be expanded to include the beetle mount?

Depends what you mean by that. There will almost certainly be mount skins released for the beetle at some point in the future. Some of them might even match previously released mount skins (I'd love to see a beetle with that space effect for example).

But if you mean will people who previously bought a 5-pack of mount skins get a 6th one for free then the chances are approximately zero. We paid for 5 skins, we got 5 skins, no reason to think we'd get more just because a new product will be available in future. Unless the company I bought my phone from owes me a finger print scanner and a higher quality camera, since their new phone has those features.

@Danikat.8537 said:Depends what you mean by that. There will almost certainly be mount skins released for the beetle at some point in the future. Some of them might even match previously released mount skins (I'd love to see a beetle with that space effect for example).

But if you mean will people who previously bought a 5-pack of mount skins get a 6th one for free then the chances are approximately zero. We paid for 5 skins, we got 5 skins, no reason to think we'd get more just because a new product will be available in future. Unless the company I bought my phone from owes me a finger print scanner and a higher quality camera, since their new phone has those features.

I see no reason why they might not expand those bought as sets (Halloween, Branded, Wintersday, etc...). On the one hand yes you paid for 5 skins but one could argue you paid for a theme of skins. It is more likely they just won't release a beetle version of these at all, or maybe they will sell one separately the next time the corresponding festival comes round where applicable.

For the individual skins bought with the adoption tickets I would think they may include some along the same themes as you suggest e.g. the starry sky ones, but these will still need to be bought completely separately.

All just speculation though.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Easy, Beetle Legacy Pack with missing 5 skins from previously released sets to fill the gap. 1600 gems obviously.

Should be sold individually, not everyone has bought all the bundles ;)

And even those that have might not want all the skins. Or be willing to spend 1600.

Yeah, I think 330gems/bundle theme beetle is reasonable. I only bought the Spooky pack, but I’m not too fussed about having a Spooky Beetle. I can see how people would want to keep the sets complete however!

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Easy, Beetle Legacy Pack with missing 5 skins from previously released sets to fill the gap. 1600 gems obviously.

Should be sold individually, not everyone has bought all the bundles ;)

They sell mount packs in bundles already. Hardly a difference. I'm not thinking what's fair for customers because when mount skins are involved, fair is not the thing corporates calculate when setting up sales model :)

I agree that if they release skins to match previous 5-packs they should be sold separately. I only have the Branded pack and I don't want to buy 4 other beetles I'll probably never use just to get that one. I'd spend 400 gems to get a branded beetle skin, but not 1600 for a pack of 5 beetles when 4 of them will be styles I haven't bought because I didn't like them.

As somebody who sells phones for a living, the analogy above hurts real bad haha. There are people out there who legitimately think that way! It pains my poor retail working soul every time I’m lucky enough to explain to said customers that’s not the way things work.

I really like the idea of a beetle legacy pack with individual options. It would be a good solution. (: I would happily purchase the beetle version of the pack I got.

@Wyvern.7951 said:As somebody who sells phones for a living, the analogy above hurts real bad haha. There are people out there who legitimately think that way! It pains my poor retail working soul every time I’m lucky enough to explain to said customers that’s not the way things work.

I really like the idea of a beetle legacy pack with individual options. It would be a good solution. (: I would happily purchase the beetle version of the pack I got.

Oh I know. It's not just phones. I have at various times sold everything from plants to video games and people will try it with everything. Imagine trying to explain to someone that 1) of course their annual plant died in the autumn because it's an annual and that is what they do, 2) no that does not entitle you to a free plant the next year, no matter if it's the same one or not.

Archived