Open world build help

Amaranthe.3578

@"Amaranthe.3578" said:can anyone recommend a very bulky build for open world that barely dies?

You don't really need to focus on being tanky for open world PvE. It's better to kill mobs faster than tanking them. Since you didn't specify if you wanted a core, Berserker or Spellbreaker build, I'm just going to give you my core warrior build for open world PvE:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3XjEdQlH25BudAnIGgCqrJCgZHfgyeB0jY3zAA-jhRBABXt/o8DPdPP80CMTJIAXQBKV/JAwBw5nn5Nv5nf+5P/8zP/8zr5nf+5nf+5nf+5BA-e

You can also check out Metabattle for a variety of different builds, but at the end of the day everything is viable for open world PvE, so don't worry too much.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@"Amaranthe.3578" said:can anyone recommend a very bulky build for open world that barely dies?

You don't really need to focus on being tanky for open world PvE. It's better to kill mobs faster than tanking them. Since you didn't specify if you wanted a core, Berserker or Spellbreaker build, I'm just going to give you my core warrior build for open world PvE:

You can also check out Metabattle for a variety of different builds, but at the end of the day everything is viable for open world PvE, so don't worry too much.

If i focus on damage i get killed by champs/multiple mobs

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:can anyone recommend a very bulky build for open world that barely dies?

If you want more survivability, you can swap out Arms for Strength (3-2-2) and the off-hand axe for a shield. These two weapon sets work well together because critical hits with the greatsword heal you, blocking attacks with the shield heal you, swapping weapons and dodging into enemies. You can also replace Shake It Off with Frenzy as that skill gives you ten stacks of might to heal you by a lot. In general, anything that gives you might heals you.

Both the Arms and Strength versions of the build I gave you work well for multiple mobs, but even with the Strength version that gives you more survivability, you should never fight champions alone especially if you're new and/or you don't know the attacks that specific champion makes. Champions are most often included in group events and it's always best to not fight them alone.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:can anyone recommend a very bulky build for open world that barely dies?

Or learn to dodge and manage your blocks. Even with its overall design, Warrior isn't meant to stand there and soak damage like a conventional Tank. The passive sustain and HP are there to let it shrug off smaller hits, so it can commit to heavy burst attacks and out pressure the enemy. The active defenses are there to counter the threatening bursts of incoming damage, so you can setup a shutdown, or move in for the kill. Its not about just sustaining through damage, its about knowing what damage you can ignore, so you can save your strong sustain for things that might actually kill you.

Warriors out of all the classes excel at being surrounded..... so that kind of suggest you're probably running the Raid build that purposely ignores all the defensive options.

Any build involving two “damage”-traitlines in combination with Defense is a rather solid setup even in glass cannon gear. Adrenal Health combos nicely with Healing Signet and the two passive traits in Defense (Defy Pain in particular) can get you out of sticky situations where you would’ve died otherwise.

You’re not going to be super tanky, mind you, but it’ll be more forgiving than a raw glass cannon build.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Any build involving two “damage”-traitlines in combination with Defense is a rather solid setup even in glass cannon gear. Adrenal Health combos nicely with Healing Signet and the two passive traits in Defense (Defy Pain in particular) can get you out of sticky situations where you would’ve died otherwise.

You’re not going to be super tanky, mind you, but it’ll be more forgiving than a raw glass cannon build.

That coupled with might makes right while on GS and you can solo champs if you play your cards right. ;)Reckless dodge, forceful great-sword, might makes right, magebane tether, adrenal health, and heal sig all work very well together.

Archived