Signet and Well Elite Ideas

Methuselah.4376

So since we are missing these two skill types as elites I was tossing around a few ideas. What do you think of the following:

Signet of Preservation:

• Passive: Generate Life Force outside of combat and Health while in combat.
  • Active: Remove all conditions on you and become invulnerable.

Life Force per 3 Seconds: 1%Health per second: 356 (0.05)Invulnerability duration: 3 secondsPrevents capture-point contribution.

Well of Unlife:Target area pulses, damaging foes and sustaining allies. Allies within the well that would receive fatal damage are instead healed for the damage value.Damage (6x): 1,596 (6.0)Number of Targets: 5Number of Allies: 5Duration: 6 secondsRadius: 240Combo Field: DarkRange: 900Unblockable.Cool down: 60 seconds

This would be split from PvP/WvW. Instead of preventing players from being downed it breaks stun ans pulses Stability, Resistance and Regeneration.

Signet of Preservation:Preservation sounds a bit weird on necro IMO. Sounds more like a druid thing to me. I guess it's a matter of opinion though.

• Active: Remove all conditions on you and become invulnerable.I would pick one of these. As Plague Signet already transfers condis, I'd go with the invuln. Those prevent condi damage anyway now.Gonna assume the Signet is a channeled ability as you don't state a casting time.

Life Force per 3 Seconds: 1%Health per second: 356 (0.05)I'd give them the same interval. 356 health per second is overtuned for necromancer as well. So make both every 3 seconds. Makes it more consistent as well.

Invulnerability duration: 3 secondsI'd make it 4 seconds for PvE/WvW, and half duration for PvP.

Well of Unlife:Target area pulses, damaging foes and sustaining allies. Allies within the well that would receive fatal damage are instead healed for the damage value.Damage (6x): 1,596 (6.0)Number of Targets: 5Number of Allies: 5Duration: 6 secondsRadius: 240Combo Field: DarkRange: 900Unblockable.Cool down: 60 seconds

This would be split from PvP/WvW. Instead of preventing players from being downed it breaks stun ans pulses Stability, Resistance and Regeneration.

You can't split it like that. That's just not the way splitting works. Numbers can change but functionality can't. So if you want the boons on it, they need to be there in PvE as well. (not quite sure which was meant for which mode, the wording is confusing)

@"Methuselah.4376" said:So since we are missing these two skill types as elites I was tossing around a few ideas. What do you think of the following:

Signet of Preservation:

• Passive: Generate Life Force outside of combat and Health while in combat.
  • Active: Remove all conditions on you and become invulnerable.

Life Force per 3 Seconds: 1%Health per second: 356 (0.05)Invulnerability duration: 3 secondsPrevents capture-point contribution.

this is ok i guess but honestly i think the out of combat life force generation is bad its just not very good for a signet active. Yes we need a way to generate some life force out of combat without killing things but the easiest way to do this is to simply have LF jump to a minimum if you are not over that minimum when you exit combat. That should just be a base line effect not locked behind a signet or trait.

The health per second is ok i guess and im not sure how its active is much of a help. I would swap the invuln if you use it at 20% hp and all your other skills are mostly on cd you have no life force left when the invuln ends then what? Nothing got reset. You didnt generate any threat or recover any hp. Keep in mind as necro lit likely got a cast time too and a long one its not going to be instant "Renewed focus." Which by the way at least resets profession mechanics for the gaurd which gives some followup potential. I guess thats my biggest issue. The passive out of combat is weak and the active has no follow up potential unless its the first thing you do when combat is initiated. Which means you dont get to make use of the healing passive either.

This is kind of lackluster imo.ITs well of suffering with slightly more damage and some support just thrown over top.Not to mention im not sure how well allowing players to reset for up to 5 pulses would work out balance wise.

I personally would go all out for destruction with the elite well and leave no support in it.

Well of DespoilTarget area pulses, damaging foes. Foes stuck have there boons stolen while foes with no boons take considerably increased damage. (for pve purposes) Each pulse of this well is a blast finisher. (meaning that if you put other fields down before hand it will blow them on each pulse) Each foe struck by the final pulse reduces the recharge of all well skills.Number of targets 5Duration 6 secondsNumber of pulses 6Boons stolen 2 per pulse.Damage increased against foes with no boons 50%Recharge per foe stuck of the final pulse 5%UnblockableCooldown 90 seconds

Anet said they would never do splits like this they want skills to fuction the same way

• 2 weeks later...

Here's My idea if we stick with your names:

Signet of Preservation:

• Passive - When you generate Life force, Also heal yourself and nearby allies
    • Active - Grant you and nearby allies Lifesteal and Regen.

Well of Unlife ( Why not just Well of Death?)

• Pulse area causing Cripple, and Weakness, deals double damage to foes under 50% health.

@Kuulpb.5412 said:Here's My idea if we stick with your names:

Signet of Preservation:

• Pulse area causing Cripple, and Weakness, deals double damage to foes under 50% health.

When I thought about Well of Unlife, I was thinking more about the PvE aspect of the game, like having it cast on a group to prevent them from dying during an upcoming damage spike, like VG greens.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

@Kuulpb.5412 said:Here's My idea if we stick with your names:

Signet of Preservation:

When I thought about Well of Unlife, I was thinking more about the PvE aspect of the game, like having it cast on a group to prevent them from dying during an upcoming damage spike, like VG greens.

the issue there is it'd be broken in Pvp and WvW, I'm assuming it's one reason why Well of Precognition on Chrono was changed, as someone mentioned earlier, you can't change mechanics of skills between game modes,

Well of Insanity

Target area pulses, granting allies Fury, Quickness, and Alacrity and fearing enemies.3 pulsesFury duration (5s)Quickness duration (5s)Alacrity duration (5s)Fear duration (1s)Number of targets: 5Number of allies: 10Combo Field: DarkRadius: 240Range: 900Cooldown: 90-120 seconds

Signet of Corruption

Signet Passive: Increases condition damage.Signet Active: Converts boons on enemies into conditions in an area.Boons Converted to Conditions: 3Number of Targets: 5Radius: 300Range: 900Cooldown: 90-120 seconds

The well gives Necromancers a strong support option to bring along as a burst enhancer, and the signet gives a condition damage signet that reinforces the Necromancer's role of boon conversion. Numbers obviously subject to change.

We already have 5 wells. One heals,, one blinds, one converts condis, one is pure power, and the last one converts boons.

A support elite well is a great idea. Something to compliment the blood spec and vampiric rituals that would make it desirable over transfusion. An Elite well that provides small healing and boons would be something that makes sense. I would love to see something with a flip skill. Drop a well that does whatever it doesthat lasts 6 second and pulses every second. Flip skill is optional that if you want to teleport to the well and detonate it either putting out a big heal or big damage.

Elite signet that boosts condi damage would be cool but think a signet that sacrifices life force for healing would be cool.

Signet of Force of LifePassive : While above the threshold (20%) life force gets converted to health every second (1:1 at 2% per second) scales 20% to healing power.Active : Breaks stun, applies 4 stacks of stability for 5 seconds. Consume all current Life force to Heal you and allies in 360 radius around you for the amount of life force consumed. .25 cast timeApply additional boons per life force consumed.25% - 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds50% - protection for 8 seconds70% - Fury for 10 seconds95% - your 4 stacks of stability for 5 seconds also pulses out to allies (95% so that if you start casting at 100% and the heal ticks and you go down to 98% you can still get the full benefittargets : 5cooldown 120 seconds

This signet does feel a bit OP to me but the concept works well I think. A way to use your life force actively other than going into shroud or using desert shroud skills. It works for core (heal or burst), reaper (second heal), and scourge (heal for support or might and fury for condi) It's definatly a support focused skill and an huge "oh shit" button but since Anet will probably not give us any kind of invulnerability or many evade skills using life force for a truly defensive ability that also supports allies would be really nice.

Numbers would need to be tweeked but yea this would be a really cool elite. Espeically the boon share based on life force. Would really help life force managment playstyle.only crux is that fact that it's a support focused skill in an offensive (spite) trait line, so maybe it wouldn't work.

Archived