One thing I can't understand on "balancing"

WZC.7910

ANet always claims that they want elementalist perform similar on small size and big size boss, but the result is to make damage on big size boss similar to other brainless classes and damage on small size boss unusable. I just can't understand what is the rationale behind "similar performance on bosses with difference sizes". Why should one class perform similarly on different bosses? Shouldn't different bosses be different? I can accept elementalist doing bad on small bosses, but if it does not excel on big bosses in compare with other classes with easier rotation, better survivability and more cc, this is unbalanced. Hopefully someone from ArenaNet can see this.

@"Infusion.7149" said:It's because raids typically have a big boss. There's really no other location normal people use DPS meters.

Actually the average raid boss would be classified as "small". And people who use DPS meters do so everywhere, I can assure you. There's nothing wrong with that, either. If anything, it helps to spot problems like a class doing way too low damage for the effort it requires to be played well.

Let's move on to another Classes already. Once noone is playing Ele, Anet will buff or redesign Ele. They can not even seperate the balances among 3 modes, PvP, WvW and PvE. Balance PvP will ruin other two, balance WvW affect other two. PvE, what balance? Raid,Fractal bosses have millions of health, need a 5/10 players to wear them down, bosses can 1 shot instant kill the whole party, Now thats balance, while PvP, players have about same health pool which some have doubled it but no one has millions hp. Can we see the differences?PvE balance should be bring down bosses's health equally to the health combined of whole party or double of that if Anet keeps applying PvP, WvW balances to PvE

• 2 weeks later...

Archived