We back at it with another Ritualist Concept - Unnamed ! critique and dissaprove here!

ScottBroChill.3254

PS: THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO DISCUSS WHETHER RITUALIST SHOULD GO TO NECRO OR REV, THIS IS SIMPLY A CONCEPT IF REVENANT WERE TO RECIEVE AS RITUALIST THEMED ESPEC. I personally think both classes should recive different variations of the specialization. Give necro the spirit summoning and support gameplay.

Revenant Elite Specialization: AbominationLegend: RazahClass Mechanic: Soul Twisting F2 – When under 50 energy consume the legend you are not in, adding an additional 10 seconds cooldown, and gain 50 energy. When over 50 energy, do not gain any energy but instead grant boons (might and protection). Activates legend swap traits.

(Alternative Class Mechanic Idea)****

1. Weapon Spells: Gain an F2 weapon spell depending on current legenda. Shiro- Weapon of quickening, gain quickness for a short durationb. Mallyx- Nightmare Weapon, Inflicts torment and fear for short durationc. Jalis- Great dwarf weapon, infuses next attack to cause knockdownd. Ventari- Spirit Light Weapon, hitting foes gives nearby allies protection and health regeneratione. Razah- Splinter Weapon, attacks cause aoe explosions for short duration

Weapons: Greatsword (varying ranges), the only weapon great enough to rip open the mists for magical attacks.Greatsword Skills:

2. Spirit Slash (range 130) – Swing your sword and deal 200 (.8) dmg, + 100(.8) dmg if energy is above 50.a. Essence Strike (range 130) – Slash your enemies, inflict invulnerability if above 50 energyi. Spirit Siphon (range 130)– Slice your enemies stealing health from enemies, Gain addition health if above 50 energy.

3. Fountain of Pain (range 240) – Stab the ground and create a fountain of mist fire that spreads out in five intervals, each going further away from your character in a circle. Inflicts conditions depending on the legend if above 50 energy.a. Shiro- vulnerabilityb. Mallyx- tormentc. Jalis- tauntd. Ventari- cripplee. Razah- blind

4. Spirit Rift range (range 900, radius 240)- Open a rift at target location that creates a field and effects based on the legend useda. Shiro- Lightning field, inflicts vulnerability and damages foesb. Mallyx- Dark field, inflicts torment and poisonc. Jalis- Light field, inflicts weakness and grants protectiond. Ventari- Water field, heals and grants regeneratione. Razah- Smoke field, blinds and steals health

1. Phase Bomb (range 900, radius 180) - Shadowstep through the mists at target location And deliver a powerful strike with an additional blast from the mists. First strike does 500 (1.20), second does 250(1.20) 600 range. Leaves a smoke field

2. Earthbind (range 300)- Leap up in the air and slam down pulling mist energy down and knocking down foes. Dmg: 500 Knockdown: 1.5 seconds, Additional cripple if above 50 energy (4 seconds)

Razah Legend: Legendary Ritualist StanceHeal:

1. Consume Soul- Heal for x and cure 2 condtion, gain addition effects based on energy levela. <25 – nothingb. 25>50 – heal and remove condis from allies around youc. 50>75 – Cure another conditiond. <75 – Steal health and blinds foes

Utility:

1. Explosive Growth (range 900)- Launch a spirit from the rift at target locationa. Rupture Soul (radius 180)- Explode the spirit inflicting damage and blind.

2. Feast of Souls (range 300, but wider than normal)- create an aoe cone in front of you that steals health from from foes and chills. Gain access to Reclaim Essence if above 50 energy.a. Reclaim Essence (radius of 240 around your character for boons) - Steal boons from those who were hit by feast of souls and grants might to nearby allies.

3. Ghostly Haste (240)- Short Dash that evades attacks and inflicts blindness. Grants swiftness. Grants superspeed if above 50 energy.

Elite:

1. Death Pact- Upkeep skill. Your body floats in the air, in a possessed trance, and you assume your spirit form. Spirit form possesses the same skills. Your physical body becomes invulnerable while active, but slowly loses health. Gain fury and quickness while active. Return to your body when re-activated, run out of energy, or walk too far away from your body (900-1200 range). If you die while in spirit form, you actually die (or get downed).

Additional CommentsSo while creating this and coming up with this I did have a revelation that the energy mechanic gets in the way of adding new resource mechanics to a potential ritualist class involved around spirits, ashes, and such, but I figured those ritualistic skills are more akin to a caster profession (such as the highly suggested necromancer) so I left most of them out to give the necromancer some room to mess with the concept for a support spec. So instead I took the class as a martial/magic class and made it more about direct combat imbued with ritualistic powers from Razah. There's not much room to adjust the class mechanic besides adding F2-4 skills, so I decided that one skill that promotes legend camping and energy management could be a cool change of pace. With that in mind, I decided on creating a spec that promotes energy gaining, gaining bonus effects when above the energy threshold, and delivering more upfront spiking power damage as opposed to the usual sustained damage. The addition of lifesteal is more thematic than anything, but it does add a tiny bit of sustain for pve so you can remain in the fray a bit longer. I also wanted to add in a bit of practical mobility seeing as Shiro is the only legend so far with any, so I thought some short dashes that can give space and be used both defensively and offensively, and a skillshot shadowstep on greatsword gives us some mobility outside of the need for enemy line of sight. I am not sure what direction to take the traits in yet, and I'm not quite sure I have the knowledge or insight to create a meaningful trait list, but I can try! Give me some feedback, love it, hate it, everything is welcome!

@Knighthonor.4061 said:I like this. My only issue is how does this help players that use the elite spec but not the new Legend? Because a lot of the mechanics seem to hamper and punish those that dont use that legend since energy is already a issue of the core class.

This was sorta a problem I haven't addressed yet. When I get to working on the traits I think it will include a lot that give you bonuses or unique buffs while above the threshold. This will basically give you good burst potential above the threshold, but once you do a couple of strong attacks the damage will reduce by a bit. In terms of how this will affect the other legends when not using razah, well The new class mechanic can let you sit in shiro longer while channeling IO, or you can get more use out of the shadowstep being extremely more sticky than usual, but the tradeoff would be being stuck with that god awful heal. I think this specialization will greatly enhance ventari as well and might make some ventari camping builds more viable. It will also reduce the need for shiro for escapes unless your going for a ganking build.

I think it might remove some possibilities of regular builds, but I think it will open up a lot of ooportunities too and actual change the playstyle a bit more compared to herald or kalla which don't add much uniqueness outside of core.

I think greatsword ritualist would be interesting, but GS would likely fit better with someone like Aesgir. For ritualist I’d rather Scepter + Focus as I think it fits better thematically (or perhaps for a Vizier Khilbron spec if Rit were to get something else).

I really don’t like the trident mechanics being added to land revenant skills. I think they potentially lead to major balancing issues for the spec which would leave skills underwhelming or too powerful (for example a big damage hit that inflicts vuln vs. a big damage hit that inflicts torment). Take Torrential Mists for an example. This skill will inflict roughly 11 torment (in Mallyx) vs. 11 vulnerability (in Shiro). Even for a power class, Mallyx is always the better option here for overall damage due to the fact that an 11% modifier (+7% more if counting devastation) is less than half the extra damage 11 stacks of torment (without any condi damage) will do. I think this turns into a situation where there is a lot of potential extra damage from condis (even ona full zerker spec) that would have to be balanced out with the potential high burst damage that the class is going for.

Also the greatsword needs an evade or a block somewhere on it. The most successful (3 game mode wide) revenant weapon combinations have access to at least one of those two (with the exception of mace/axe and shortbow for raids, but neither of those are particularly good outside of pve...echoing eruption needs an evade and so does shortbow).

@"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:I think greatsword ritualist would be interesting, but GS would likely fit better with someone like Aesgir. For ritualist I’d rather Scepter + Focus as I think it fits better thematically (or perhaps for a Vizier Khilbron spec if Rit were to get something else).

Yeah I actually prefer the scepter+focus as it would add more options, You could probably do it with the skills I have and just incorporate more "magic" visuals to it. Sorta like the tamer from Black Desert Online in terms of animations. I just know a bunch of people wanted greatsword and I sorta wanted to show all those people claiming that revenant is nothing like that ritualist that I could incorporate both a thematically ritualistic theme into a warrior role. Basically that the revenant is using the greatsword in a similar way that ritualist enhanced weapons. And I also liked the image of the greatsword ripping the fabric of reality open, like the axe in terms of visuals, and casting spells or attacking through those openings. I tried to put more comabat mage emphasis on the utility skills to make up for it. But basically and improved version of my Rit/Paragon spirit strength build in gw1 lol.

I really don’t like the trident mechanics being added to land revenant skills. I think they potentially lead to major balancing issues for the spec which would leave skills underwhelming or too powerful (for example a big damage hit that inflicts vuln vs. a big damage hit that inflicts torment). Take Torrential Mists for an example. This skill will inflict roughly 11 torment (in Mallyx) vs. 11 vulnerability (in Shiro). Even for a power class, Mallyx is always the better option here for overall damage due to the fact that an 11% modifier (+7% more if counting devastation) is less than half the extra damage 11 stacks of torment (without any condi damage) will do. I think this turns into a situation where there is a lot of potential extra damage from condis (even ona full zerker spec) that would have to be balanced out with the potential high burst damage that the class is going for.

Honestly had no idea of the imbalance on the trident skills so thanks for the heads up. Some of the things may be a little out of balance as I don't have the greatest insight on those matters. But I would at least like to keep it viable for all types of builds so were not always forced into staff, which was my main incentive for including this mechanic.

Also the greatsword needs an evade or a block somewhere on it. The most successful (3 game mode wide) revenant weapon combinations have access to at least one of those two (with the exception of mace/axe and shortbow for raids, but neither of those are particularly good outside of pve...echoing eruption needs an evade and so does shortbow).

Yeah, that is a good point. I have no idea what skill to replace. I want to keep spirit rift only to give atleast one ranged harrass attack without having to take hammer since thats our only ranged option. I could always just switch spirit rift and ghostly haste, but then the only legend with any mobility is shiro again.

Thanks for your input!

Still wishing for a dervish like e-spec for rev.Still razzah as legend but with an F3 that transforms you into an avatar of your current legend with razzahs power. It counts as a legendswap and gives you energy back.You get legend depending weaponskills similar to necroshroud but all of them (indipendent of legend) count as Legendary Avatar aka Razzah skills AND that if your legend equipped.New utilities are glyphs that have different effects depending on legend.Weapon greatsword.This would tie into the old dualclass system aaand the dervish and ritu styles of razzah.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Still wishing for a dervish like e-spec for rev.Still razzah as legend but with an F3 that transforms you into an avatar of your current legend with razzahs power. It counts as a legendswap and gives you energy back.You get legend depending weaponskills similar to necroshroud but all of them (indipendent of legend) count as Legendary Avatar aka Razzah skills AND that if your legend equipped.New utilities are glyphs that have different effects depending on legend.Weapon greatsword.This would tie into the old dualclass system aaand the dervish and ritu styles of razzah.

That could be a really cool idea but it would require a lot of design time for the skills. Weaver has had a bunch of skills added to it, but a lot of the weapon skills are less meaningful or one dimensional requiring a lot less design time. If someone could make a good mock-up of it that'd be cool.

@ScottBroChill.3254 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Still wishing for a dervish like e-spec for rev.Still razzah as legend but with an F3 that transforms you into an avatar of your current legend with razzahs power. It counts as a legendswap and gives you energy back.You get legend depending weaponskills similar to necroshroud but all of them (indipendent of legend) count as Legendary Avatar aka Razzah skills AND that if your legend equipped.New utilities are glyphs that have different effects depending on legend.Weapon greatsword.This would tie into the old dualclass system aaand the dervish and ritu styles of razzah.

That could be a really cool idea but it would require a lot of design time for the skills. Weaver has had a bunch of skills added to it, but a lot of the weapon skills are less meaningful or one dimensional requiring a lot less design time. If someone could make a good mock-up of it that'd be cool.

Well weaver was about 40ish new skills.This would give 30 exactly.20 for all 4 Legends plus 5 glyphs and 5 for weapon.Wesver also had the issue that you could combine them in various ways which isnt the case for this idea. These would be fixed for each legend and the only flexible thing are the glyphs,this makes design choices easier because less scenarios need to be looked at to balance it in a meaningful way.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Well weaver was about 40ish new skills.This would give 30 exactly.20 for all 4 Legends plus 5 glyphs and 5 for weapon.Wesver also had the issue that you could combine them in various ways which isnt the case for this idea. These would be fixed for each legend and the only flexible thing are the glyphs,this makes design choices easier because less scenarios need to be looked at to balance it in a meaningful way.

I hear ya. Just to play devils advocate though, what will these skills offer? Say I'm in shiro and using swords, what are the ways in which a new set of shiro specific skills are going to add to gameplay without making it overpowered but also giving a different tool set? I guess my main point is some legends basically have the best fit of skills within the weapon sets theyre designed for. Whatever shiro skills are recieved in this scenario, how much different will they be than our actual sword skills? I could see jalis getting a close combat hammer with a set of skills that helps with tanking, maybe ventari and mallyx get a bunch of ranged spellcasting.

And about the Weaver, I actually love playing weaver but to be honest it doesn't really bring much to the table. The whole spec is just a damage boost modifier that lets you fire off more skills and has sorta been a balance nightmare. With this in mind, I wouldn't want any type of shroud or transform type mechanic that adds even more skills which might affect the balance of the core class. Having energy though might make the idea work a lot better balance wise though.

I hear ya. Just to play devils advocate though, what will these skills offer? Say I'm in shiro and using swords, what are the ways in which a new set of shiro specific skills are going to add to gameplay without making it overpowered but also giving a different tool set? I guess my main point is some legends basically have the best fit of skills within the weapon sets theyre designed for. Whatever shiro skills are recieved in this scenario, how much different will they be than our actual sword skills? I could see jalis getting a close combat hammer with a set of skills that helps with tanking, maybe ventari and mallyx get a bunch of ranged spellcasting.

And about the Weaver, I actually love playing weaver but to be honest it doesn't really bring much to the table. The whole spec is just a damage boost modifier that lets you fire off more skills and has sorta been a balance nightmare. With this in mind, I wouldn't want any type of shroud or transform type mechanic that adds even more skills which might affect the balance of the core class. Having energy though might make the idea work a lot better balance wise though.

Id say complementary enhancement.Like you said jalis gets close quarters CC.Shiro id say ranged single target Dmg and snares.Mallyx probably mid range condition cleave and transfer and ventari self positioning and ranged support.

Id say complementary enhancement.Like you said jalis gets close quarters CC.Shiro id say ranged single target Dmg and snares.Mallyx probably mid range condition cleave and transfer and ventari self positioning and ranged support.

I like it,, it could have a lot of potential.

Its IMO a prime opportunity to give revs more diversity and multiple roles and builds in one go.What it should lack is buffs and boon support so it does not invalidate the other e-specs. It should be the jack-of-all trades e-spec that emphasizes on specializing. Sounds kinda weird but i think you know what i mean.

Archived