Thank You, Wiki Team

Donari.5237

This isn't sparked by anything in particular, I just happened to be musing. The GW2 Wiki is astoundingly good, y'all. It's got clarity of presentation, healthy cross-linking, almost complete detail (that is almost completely accurate and always getting corrected), lack of visual clutter, excellent formatting, swift loading of pages ... I have occasion to visit a number of wikis, be they for other MMO's, tabletop games, Critical Role, etc, and they all frustrate me. The more so for having this example to show how well done a wiki can be.

So thank you, all you volunteers that keep up with the tidal waves of information about this game and organize them almost as fast as they arrive. You guys are awesome.

I agree. I find the Wiki extremely useful and well done, and I find that mildly frustrating whenever I'm trying to use another Wiki which just isn't up to the stand I've come to expect - I have to remind myself that the GW2 Wiki is the exception, particularly in having so many people dedicated to keeping it as up to date and accurate as possible.

@Tails.9372 said:The wiki is quite useful, good job there but it's still missing the stuff that answers the deeper questions of the game like what does the full effect (18 stacks) of the chak infusion look like? We may never know.

The wiki can only tell us what players know, and some questions are not meant for mortal minds.

Archived