RTX graphics card supports the effect of ray tracing. Will GW2 update this project later?

Definitely not, 99% majority of GW2 gamer won't have any raytrace GPU until 2025+. You also forgot about PC gaming is only 28% in game industry. Oh and, gamer with highest end hardware is only 0.1% of the 28% PC gaming industry. Very very puny.

So not anytime soon.

Sincerely,~rocking GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080 Max-Q

@DJRiful.3749 said:Definitely not, 99% majority of GW2 gamer won't have any raytrace GPU until 2025+. You also forgot about PC gaming is only 28% in game industry. Oh and, gamer with highest end hardware is only 0.1% of the 28% PC gaming industry. Very very puny.

So not anytime soon.

Thank you for your advice. I agree with this reasoning. RTX needs popularization

Raytracing is the "Big Thing" for NVIDIA and AMD for future gaming atm.

Raytracing is new and so far only a few games support this specification. Unfortunately, Anet ignored the current development on DirektX before Windows 10 was released. What does Anet think about raytracing and increasing the DirectX connection to ensure compatibility with Windows 10 in the future?

Raytracing requires Dx12, and can only be run on the new RTX gpusAnet isn't going to rework the entire graphics engine just to support the tiny percentage of the population that will be getting the RTX gpus anytime soon.

Ray Tracing support will be mostly for game studios that focus exclusively on photorealistic asthetics. Anet has never shown a focus on photorealism, they aren't going to start now.

Also worth noting that photorealism wouldn't even be that exciting in gw2 as the camera is zoomed so far out that the detail increase would be marginal for anyone not running a 4k system

well, they should do something.... seriously not using dx12 makes me annoyed because in some scenarios you get crappy fps and the graphics card is not even at full speed... not even half because of so poorly optimized the game is. Also, I think they have extra work to correct stuff that engine rework would solve alone.

Pushing to DX12 support is going to force the company to drop support DX9/10 because it requires double the resources to test and support both API. If that is the case, you will cut out a lot of player with older hardware and those on Intel Iris graphic.

I doubt Anet would to cut the end rope losing out half of the player.

Not happening, RTX needs DX12 as far as I know. The devs do not even want to upgrade us to DX11 :(

@"DJRiful.3749" said:Definitely not, 99% majority of GW2 gamer won't have any raytrace GPU until 2025+. You also forgot about PC gaming is only 28% in game industry. Oh and, gamer with highest end hardware is only 0.1% of the 28% PC gaming industry. Very very puny.

So not anytime soon.

Maybe not pull your data out of nowhere.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

1.19% of the Steam userbase has 1080ti. 2.23% a 1080. So you are off by a large margin. Then who cares if 28% of the gaming industry is PC gaming? Since GW2 is PC exclusive only, that literally not matters at all.

@"Lorin.9564" said:Raytracing is the "Big Thing" for NVIDIA and AMD for future gaming atm.

Raytracing is new and so far only a few games support this specification. Unfortunately, Anet ignored the current development on DirektX before Windows 10 was released. What does Anet think about raytracing and increasing the DirectX connection to ensure compatibility with Windows 10 in the future?

It is not at all new. Ratracing has been possible before 3d dedicated cards were commonplace. It has been a sort of holy grail to achieve REAL TIME raytracing, and that is what we are finally starting to just scratch the surface of.

I don't imagine a game like GW2 would benefit that much from raytracing, vs what would have to be sacrificed to achieve it. Games that would see the most gain would be those that have more simulation / physics at their core.

@DJRiful.3749 said:Pushing to DX12 support is going to force the company to drop support DX9/10 because it requires double the resources to test and support both API. If that is the case, you will cut out a lot of player with older hardware and those on Intel Iris graphic.

I doubt Anet would to cut the end rope losing out half of the player.

And there are many players with Windows 7 and 8 who have access to DirectX 11.x at most. And as long as MS fails in designing a consistent GUI for Windows 8+, I will stick with Windows 7 and DX11, even when I have a GTX1080.

@Malediktus.9250 said:Earlier or later you will be forced to upgrade to W10 anyway. It wont be long until new hardware only gets drivers for Windows 10.Windows 10 already has 61% market share amongst gamers, followed by only 29% for W7

Indeed. Notably this 2080 card will be W10 only, since it's signature feature requires DX12.

Archived