Problem Purchasing Gems

When did you buy the game?If I remember correctly, there is a cooldown period after you buy it. A common method of goldsellers is to create an account with stolen creditcards details. This is (so I imagine) to prevent them to use the same creditcard to order gems, sell them for gold and get the gold to safety before Arenanet finds out the payment bounces.

If you buy the game there is a cooldown of a certain days (was it 4 or so...?) to use the trading post in general (for the higher end items, gem incl). So check if you have locked items in the trading post. If so, see what amount of days it gives you to wait and try then. P.s. You can get keys from personal story content as well in case you just started game fresh and want a key badly.

When you purchase an expansion to either turn your free account into an expansion-owned account, or create an expansion-owned account, there is a window of 4 days where you cannot make gem purchases with credit/Paypal, as well as other ways and means. If after 4 days, things do not resolve, then there is a problem -- send a ticket, and do not send multiple tickets. Support will get to you ASAP -- and sending another ticket will only push you further back into the queue.

@"fonzyfonz.4896" said:me too , Every time I try to buy gems in game I get "An error has occurred. Please try again later" at the final step after confirmation of my purchase. I've gotten no gems and nothings been charged to my account.

i keep getting the error code and please try again later its been going on for days and i can seam to get any help it all for it i have reported it as a bug i have posted it in forms and still no help so at least you were able to try and purchase them as for i cant event get that far :s

@altermaven.7385 said:When you purchase an expansion to either turn your free account into an expansion-owned account, or create an expansion-owned account, there is a window of 4 days where you cannot make gem purchases with credit/Paypal, as well as other ways and means. If after 4 days, things do not resolve, then there is a problem -- send a ticket, and do not send multiple tickets. Support will get to you ASAP -- and sending another ticket will only push you further back into the queue.

Um i have had this account since beta and pre bought PoF so that is not the issue here and reporting a bug has not helped posting on forms has not helped the issue is Black lion Trading is bugged for a few of us we receive a error code and please try again later and we have no access to buy gems

@Drex.1058 said:im using the same debit card i used to buy the game for the web shop but i cant buy gems in the game black lion shop

it think Black Lion Trading is bugged for a few of us, we are receiving the error code and please try again later, but they have not fixed it yet idk if they r working on it or not sorry but i have the same issue too :(

Just coming up with my own experience from another game: I had PayPal issues on League of Legends once for a week. It simply would claim my password is wrong, but logging in on the site itself was fine. The other time it just said "error, try again".

What did help? Patience did...

Had my account for 3 years have been not able to buy gems since Sunday. I have submitted a support ticket, but I'm pretty sure when clicking the blue "Buy Gems" button producing the error "Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!" is not going be much help to support. My ping is fine(40-60) and repair did nothing. They asked for a screen shot though so I sent one in with an update.

Archived