Daily Hound Master = fail — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Daily Hound Master = fail

Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 3, 2018 in In-Game Events

No one knew where to start. Wike says here_ https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Priests_of_Balthazar_powering_up_the_Forged_cannonades,_and_then_destroy_the_cannonades

We did one event, no follow up was in sight at the specified location. After 30 mins, the Commander and most others left to do Caledon Forest for the dailies instead.


My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

Comments

  • Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2018

    From wiki i would think it would be an event before that

    Defeat the Champion Forged Commander which then leads to Defeat the Legendary Forged Hounds. The one you linked leads to Champion Bounties.

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    From wiki i would think it would be an event before that

    Defear the Champion Firged Commander which then leads to Defeat the Legendary Forged Hounds. The one you linked leads to Champion Bounties.

    Look more carefully ...

    "Followed by Defeat the Champion Forged Commander"
    which is the one you linked

  • Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2018

    @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    From wiki i would think it would be an event before that

    Defear the Champion Firged Commander which then leads to Defeat the Legendary Forged Hounds. The one you linked leads to Champion Bounties.

    Look more carefully ...

    "Followed by Defeat the Champion Forged Commander"
    which is the one you linked

    Ah, ok.

    Edit: I got this page which shows them out of order: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Foundry

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

  • Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

    @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    From wiki i would think it would be an event before that

    Defear the Champion Firged Commander which then leads to Defeat the Legendary Forged Hounds. The one you linked leads to Champion Bounties.

    Look more carefully ...

    "Followed by Defeat the Champion Forged Commander"
    which is the one you linked

    Ah, ok.

    Edit: I got this page which shows them out of order: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Foundry

    I've gotten this in the past whilst doing a bounty train, the only event we did first was the sequence quoted by Flesh, we went into the Foundry and defeated the Champion Forged Commander, who then spawned his hounds for the follow up event...we didn't have to do anything with any Priests of Balthazar, so one of those entries is incorrect.

    Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2018

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    From wiki i would think it would be an event before that

    I already posted the first event of the chain in my OP...

    @Khisanth.2948 said:
    Look more carefully ...

    "Followed by Defeat the Champion Forged Commander"
    which is the one you linked

    Exactly.

    People had no patience to stay on the map any longer and figure out what to do next ("Where/when?" was the biggest issue, along with the fact that they didn't like the realization that this was a whole event chain that could take a while). A shame.


    My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Hmm according to the wiki "The cannonades event does not have to succeed in order for the meta to progress. The Forged Commander event will spawn regardless of the success or failure of the previous event." that means even if you failed the event you were doing there should have been a follow up.

  • I like it that you deem the daily a fail because a wiki mess-up
    when the wiki is a community thing and not from anet.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2018

    @Shraga.7648 said:
    I like it that you deem the daily a fail because a wiki mess-up

    You seem to have misunderstood me completely. There was no "Wiki mess-up." There was only a lack of patience due to the fact that this was a time-consuming event chain, which has zero to do with the Wiki.


    My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.