I'm exploding.

All Matters Fecal.9560

Played a lot of sPvP tonight. After stressing about the ignorance and non-intelligence of humanity being painfully apparent in GW2's pub solo ranked queue, I began to lament the current state of the game. I have seen my and my opponents health bars been deleted...DELETED...dozens of times tonight by 1v1 fights. It's not even a fight...it's just people exploding left and right.

Why was this a choice made by ArenaNet? What about an expansion makes it so new elite specs need to have ridiculous damage multipliers and not just different class mechanics?? PvP is ruined right due to the state of combat. AoE condis erasing entire teams within the first 5 seconds of a fight at mid point...I got hit today for 47k...

Let me clarify that...I SAW THE NUMBER ~47000 IN RED TEXT ON TOP OF MY HEAD IN sPVP.

I have 17k hp. Why is there a skill out there that does three times the average player's build's (marauder's) health??

@Daharahj.1325 said:When you can't keep up against a single Scourge's condi pressure as a kittening Shout Tempest, you know they are way over the line. I've managed to hold off several condi thieves at once with this build.

ANet, you made this mess, now clean it up.

you've handled condi thfs as shout tempest because they use a lot of projectiles to apply their condis. scourges on the other hand do not use projectiles and on top of that, corrupt boons specifically into torment (which also aplies burning) and cripple. as a shout tempest you are littered with boons and you are prime pickings.

@Kuya.6495 said:

@Daharahj.1325 said:When you can't keep up against a single Scourge's condi pressure as a kittening Shout Tempest, you know they are way over the line. I've managed to hold off several condi thieves at once with this build.

you've handled condi thfs as shout tempest because they use a lot of projectiles to apply their condis. scourges on the other hand do not use projectiles and on top of that, corrupt boons specifically into torment (which also aplies burning) and cripple. as a shout tempest you are littered with boons and you are prime pickings.

So to be safe from a scourge you need to...

1. Have massive condi cleanse
  2. Not rely on boons
  3. Do your best to avoid the aoes
  4. Heal like a b
  5. Pray?

Wonder how many classes out there can successfully sustain against a scourge, even if fully spec'd against condi.

@Kuya.6495 said:

Nobody uses the trait that applies burning on torment though.

@Razor.6392 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

2. Not rely on boons
  4. Heal like a b
  5. Pray?

Wonder how many classes out there can successfully sustain against a scourge, even if fully spec'd against condi.

Or kill them ? They have even less mobility than core necro and they don't have a shroud, just shitty barriers to compensate.

@Razor.6392 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

2. Not rely on boons
  4. Heal like a b
  5. Pray?

I've been playing Scourge quite a bit, and Guardian with LB and Ranger with LB absolutely dumpster me. All of Scourge's abilities have a short range and with no mobility it's pretty easy to kite us.

@Helbjorne.9368 said:

I've been playing Scourge quite a bit, and Guardian with LB and Ranger with LB absolutely dumpster me. All of Scourge's abilities have a short range and with no mobility it's pretty easy to kite us.

So fair to say Scourge is basically a hard counter to most (all?) melee classes and builds? Don't know if that's good or bad. Would be fine in a battle of premades. But kinda sucks in public Q where you have no real control of your team comp. Are there other classes that are a similar hard counter to a large number of previously viable classes and builds?

We all know Scourge will get nerfed at some point. Too bad ANet had the ranked season happen right when an expansion was releasing. Probably should have just waited a few weeks or just disable the new specs from ranked but then that's not fair to anyone who bought the expansion. Yep should of, could have waited...oh well. I'd say just don't play ranked till the new season with a balance pass happening.

@Helbjorne.9368 said:

@Razor.6392 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

2. Not rely on boons
  4. Heal like a b
  5. Pray?

And how many maps allow LB Rangers to function? coliseum, foefire and capricorn, that's it. Maps in which Scourge were already weaker to begin with.

Scourge is probably overtuned but trying to fight a Scourge with a shout tempest? LOL. You do realize every time you create a boon you are just giving him more fuel for condi pressure right? You want to kill them you need a class that is power burst based or doesn't rely on or use boons at all. Any boons you put him mean more fuel for corruptions.

@Drekor.5217 said:

Scourge is probably overtuned but trying to fight a Scourge with a shout tempest? LOL. You do realize every time you create a boon you are just giving him more fuel for condi pressure right? You want to kill them you need a class that is power burst based or doesn't rely on or use boons at all. Any boons you put him mean more fuel for corruptions.

I only generate 2 boons with each shout, scourge has fewer corrupts than reaper now that they're using scepter instead of axe and no access to greatsword and reaper was never an issue.

I'm not spamming my shouts on cooldown just so you know (and their corruption is certainly not what's killing me), they're a last ditch effort after burning through my attunement cooldowns, most of my condi cleanse comes from abilities and diamond skin.

@Daharahj.1325 said:

@Drekor.5217 said:

I only generate 2 boons with each shout, scourge has fewer corrupts than reaper now that they're using scepter instead of axe and no access to greatsword and reaper was never an issue.

I'm not spamming my shouts on cooldown just so you know, they're a last ditch effort after burning through my attunement cooldowns, most of my condi cleanse comes from abilities and diamond skin.
  1. scourge has corrupts in almost every single utility they use.
  2. axe and gs are power reaper weapons. why are you bringing this up in a discussion about condis when these weapons don't even have corrupts?
  3. if you are running the meta auramancer, your shouts generate auras which barf boons by the truckloads

@"All Matters Fecal.9560" said:Let me clarify that...I SAW THE NUMBER ~470000 IN RED TEXT ON TOP OF MY HEAD IN sPVP.

I have 17k hp. Why is there a skill out there that does three times the average player's build's (marauder's) health??

I must agree damage numbers should be toned down, I run a core BM ranger with rock gazelle pet. I have entered dueling arenas and have had people request to duel my pet, no joke, after fighting me, and my pet has almost won some of these 1v1 match-ups(note I did not swap pets). The reason I even have to run this though is due to scourges, as my ranger is one of the few things I have to deal with them head on.

I feel there are definitely things that need toned down, but I also fear some will get toned down too much while others may be left untouched causing further imbalance. i.e. scourge gets nerfed but not my rock gazelle or vice versa. Also do not get me wrong soulbeast needs buffs IMO but rock gazelle is overtuned.

I leave you with this, my rock gazelle doing what it does to a poor poor thief.

rockgazelle.JPG

@Kuya.6495 said:

@Daharahj.1325 said:

@Drekor.5217 said:

I'm not spamming my shouts on cooldown just so you know, they're a last ditch effort after burning through my attunement cooldowns, most of my condi cleanse comes from abilities and diamond skin.
  2. axe and gs are power reaper weapons. why are you bringing this up in a discussion about condis when these weapons don't even have corrupts?
  3. if you are running the meta auramancer, your shouts generate auras which barf boons by the truckloads
  1. that's good to know.
  2. so suddenly boons corrupted by power builds are not conditions anymore?
  3. regen and vigor, which corrupt to poison and bleed respectively for almost negligible damage, i'm dying to torment and burning.

@Daharahj.1325 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

@Daharahj.1325 said:

@Drekor.5217 said:

1. that's good to know.
  3. regen and vigor, which corrupt to poison and bleed respectively for almost negligible damage, i'm dying to torment and burning.

Good lord. Please go read a wiki before posting or something.

Multiple skills on scourge ONLY convert boons to torment and cripple, and scourge can trait their torments to give burning.

Please go away already.

@Kuya.6495 said:

@Daharahj.1325 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

@Daharahj.1325 said:

@Drekor.5217 said:

1. that's good to know.

Multiple skills on scourge ONLY convert boons to torment and cripple, and scourge can trait their torments to give burning.

Please go away already.

So it's worse than I thought, now you can't even choose what they corrupt your boons to? Jesus this spec needs to get nuked from orbit.

@Pax.3548 said:Lol the title made me laugh, its pretty accurate I've exploded several times too and its tiring because there is not much of a way to defend or protect yourself if you're dead in 1-2 seconds.

Out of curiosity, what are you playing as that you die so quickly? I have died that quickly too, but only when I've been focused by multiple enemies and get stuck in their aoes. Is this happening 1v1 or are you experiencing this in those big team brawls that have aoes and ground effects flying all over the place. Sourge has been pretty devastating with their point control but I find they only do me dirty when I stand in their sh!t.

Not that I find the current meta easy to deal with, thinking of switching to something with range since my hammer gets me killed these days. But still, I haven't been getting blown up like other people seem to be.

@Omcrazy.4756 said:

@Pax.3548 said:Lol the title made me laugh, its pretty accurate I've exploded several times too and its tiring because there is not much of a way to defend or protect yourself if you're dead in 1-2 seconds.

Out of curiosity, what are you playing as that you die so quickly? I have died that quickly too, but only when I've been focused by multiple enemies and get stuck in their aoes. Is this happening 1v1 or are you experiencing this in those big team brawls that have aoes and ground effects flying all over the place. Sourge has been pretty devastating with their point control but I find they only do me dirty when I stand in their kitten.

Not that I find the current meta easy to deal with, thinking of switching to something with range since my hammer gets me killed these days. But still, I haven't been getting blown up like other people seem to be.

try to play classes that dont have 6000 immunes and blocks.... judging by the icon and that you use hammer your either a Guard or warrior....... so yeah try to play something else that cant just fart that 2....

Also here is a tip how to counter Scourge.... its called killing him with minimal effort with a Power burst build.......they have no defenses or escapes....

@Daharahj.1325 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

@Daharahj.1325 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

@Daharahj.1325 said:

@Drekor.5217 said:

1. that's good to know.

Please go away already.

So it's worse than I thought, now you can't even choose what they corrupt your boons to? Jesus this spec needs to get nuked from orbit.

They could certainly use some balancing but spamming boons against them is among the dumbest things you can do against them. Converting boons into torment and cripple is basically their core mechanic.

Archived