Story Journal Achievement Tab

Drakomagi.1654

With the latest patch, the story journal order got reversed. This was a change that makes it a little harder to find what you are after.

Suggestion:Put the story back in chronological order, except also give it tabs based on what part of the story it is. Similar to how it's structured in the story journal on that particular tab in the main hero panel. For instance, you click "Story Journal" in the achievements tab and it will list LWS2, HoT, LWS3, PoF, LWS4. Then you click one of those, and you get the episode or acts in order to get to the achievements you want.

Thoughts?

You have to figure most players had already done as much as they could if not all of the achievements in previous stories, so scrolling and expanding to het to the latest stuff was really annoying. There's still that part of the population that hadn't done everything previous that will now get to enjoy scrolling and expanding, but, overall, I think this order works for more players, still a user set option beyond the watch list would be a great improvement.

@Drakomagi.1654 said:With the latest patch, the story journal order got reversed. This was a change that makes it a little harder to find what you are after.

Why is it harder? Now you can see the most current episode achievements faster without scrolling, in the previous method you had to scroll down a lot in order to reach the latest episode. It's much easier to find what you are after now than it ever was.

• 2 weeks later...

While the reverse sort probably saves a bit of work for most people, myself included, I still find top-posting to be gross. As OP suggested, there are few issues that cannot be solved with better culling. Having smart, contextual defaults would also help. As in, the Story Journal category should automatically open to a section based on some criteria:

• The map you're on
  • The story that is currently active in your journal
  • The latest release

Obviating the need for reverse-sorting as a convenience.

Archived