MB4 and MB5 support gone?

Go Google around for this issue on Windows as a whole. This is not a GW2 thing, it's been hitting a lot of us off and on since the W10 creator's update, it's Microsoft's screw up. For some reason it randomly changes gaming mice with more buttons, to register as a 3 button to DirectX and then the games can't see them. Sometimes a reboot fixes it, sometimes not, I have found if you have multiple mouse drivers installed for other things that removal of some extraneous ones does tend to drive the chance of it happening down though. I wish MS would actually acknowledge the issue and take it seriously. A dev on Warframe actually broke the real news on DX not getting the proper information, he made a small app to check directx's input and show how many buttons your mouse is detecting as, and it works 100% of the time. Any time I've tried it when the mouse is working it shows with more buttons, any time it's glitched it only shows 3. Hopefully the fall W10 update will fix this but I rarely trust MS to get their crap together.

Worked fine before; after GW2 patch it stopped working.

Still works fine with ALL other applications, to include other games that use DirectX.

I'm not on Win10.

It's wireless, not plugged in.

Conclusion: Problem was caused by the patch.

@Lord Kreegan.8123 said:

1. Worked fine before; after GW2 patch it stopped working.
  2. Still works fine with ALL other applications, to include other games that use DirectX.
  3. Worked fine before; after GW2 patch it stopped working.
  4. I'm not on Win10.
  5. Worked fine before; after GW2 patch it stopped working.
  6. It's wireless, not plugged in.
  7. Worked fine before; after GW2 patch it stopped working.Conclusion: Problem was caused by the patch.

did you try reinstalling the game?

No, of course not. Given that ANet almost daily overwrites major portions of code in its updates, it wouldn't make sense to do that. I'm not going to spend hours reinstalling just to find the same bug still exists; they need to find their bug, correct it, and stick the new code in one of their daily updates.

Archived