Healing Turret : How do I activate Cleansing Burst ?

dognosh.6327

I have searched online and can't find an answer :(Used to be, before the changes, that after deploying the HT your skill 6 icon changed to Cleansing burst, but now after deploying the HT you get immediate CB then icon changes to Detonate. I have tried every key/binding but cannot initiate CB after its own initial auto CB.help would be appreciated, ty :)

@dognosh.6327 said:ty :)So is it one time only now as it used to be more ?

Yep. You can press F to pick it back up again and put it on a reduced cooldown, or you can detonate it during the overcharge and it'll explode with a little bit of extra healing, but no way to activate it more than once. Contrary to the whole point of a turret, you actually become LESS effective if you keep it out longer than it takes to overcharge because you won't get any steady healing other than the regen ticks which you have many other ways to get.

When I started to play engineer, I also didn't understand how it worked, from the description of the skill. So I made several tests on a map with low level mobs, being attacked from them and using all the different kind of healings, reading the combat log.Then I noticed indeed that if you detonate the turret right after you deploy it (or within few seconds anyway), you'll get basically a double decent healing, better than leaving the turret on the ground. It's a bit weird to have this healing with double casting time, and to detonate it on deployment, even if there are other players around but... well it works this way.

@Urud.4925 said:When I started to play engineer, I also didn't understand how it worked, from the description of the skill. So I made several tests on a map with low level mobs, being attacked from them and using all the different kind of healings, reading the combat log.Then I noticed indeed that if you detonate the turret right after you deploy it (or within few seconds anyway), you'll get basically a double decent healing, better than leaving the turret on the ground. It's a bit weird to have this healing with double casting time, and to detonate it on deployment, even if there are other players around but... well it works this way.Is not a bit weird. Its extremely stupid. But its how it works.

@Urud.4925 said:When I started to play engineer, I also didn't understand how it worked, from the description of the skill. So I made several tests on a map with low level mobs, being attacked from them and using all the different kind of healings, reading the combat log.Then I noticed indeed that if you detonate the turret right after you deploy it (or within few seconds anyway), you'll get basically a double decent healing, better than leaving the turret on the ground. It's a bit weird to have this healing with double casting time, and to detonate it on deployment, even if there are other players around but... well it works this way.

Its a side effect of the Turret mechanics changing to improve the Tool Belt selection. Originally Turrets would Deploy, and you could manually activate Over Charge when it comes off of Cool down. When Tool Belt as added (just prior to launch I think), they added the ability to detonate turrets via the F-key associated with the Utility slot. In 2017 they revamped the Turret skills to address the fact that it was a detriment to place the Turrets, since the blocked by Detnoate when the Turret was active, causing people to never use the turrets other then to exploit their blast finishers. Thats trying to fit 4 skills into 2 buttons, the context of which was causing them to be used oppositely of what they intended the skills for.

So they moved Detonate to the Flip skill, and made Overcharge automatic on placement (which is essentially what most players were doing anyway, in the few cases it saw actual use). There was some initial dissonance, since this patch dropped during the Leather Farm era. And despite being really hard to control, being able to time the overcharge with certain mob spawns (for the CCs) was one of the few times that feature was marginally important. After a while, that didn't even matter as the farmers got more and more passive during their stints in the centaur camps.

As for the Water field Blast combo of Healing Turret.... thats been standard practice since Detonate was added. Because Regeneration is kind of weak overall, and even if it was good, the Turret wasn't mobile. Thus it was just better to drop, overcharge, then detonate in the resulting water field for 3 hits of healing worth almost 9k total (without healing power), and clears 2 conditions.

The formula, to calculate the healing should be2,520 + 50% * Healing_Power (Turret)

• 2,520 + 50% * Healing_Power (Overcharge)
  • 1,320 + 20% Healing_Power= 6,360 + 120% Healing_Power

So, no 9k without healing power or "double" healing by detonating the turret.With "Soothing detonations", the water-blast will gain another

• 340 + 20% * Healing_PowerWhich is not really noticable without Healing power.alchemic tinctures will also proc for the regeneration, but is neglectable for a single boon.

what's more worth the effort, is training to blast the water-field a second time. This can be done using rifle-5, hammer-3, sword-3 for self-heal or shield-4, rocket boots, or one of the many blast finishers of the kits.

Archived