Core spec. exclusive PvP mode

Quadox.7834

As I agree that core profession need to be more present in gw2 endgame I don't think this is a way it should be implemented tho.

Core only mode in pvp would be masively unbalanced due to how strong some core spec are compared to others, but if it would be the reason to balance them I am all with you.

On the other hand creating many separate modes with separated metas would be more fun just because we could avoid metas we are not enjoying

guardian top class in this game mode . thief strong too but we know it get countered by guard . (old memories there)

The rest is kinda meh ... nade engineer maybe could do well so could axe warrior.

Oh ! and I forgot the ranger core build which was strong too before the over buffed soulbeast.

Basically : elementalist - necromancer - mesmer - revenant will be kicked out of this game mode LUL

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:guardian top class in this game mode . thief strong too but we know it get countered by guard . (old memories there)

The rest is kinda meh ... nade engineer maybe could do well so could axe warrior.

Oh ! and I forgot the ranger core build which was strong too before the over buffed soulbeast.

Basically : elementalist - necromancer - mesmer - revenant will be kicked out of this game mode LUL

core warrior is pretty strong - id say almost on par with core guardian and core thief, maybe a notch behind those 2

also, would love a game mode where mesmer is not OP :)

@"otto.5684" said:You do know that core guardian and a thief is a thing right? And a serious question, how can you fight core guardian with any other core class?

Yes, of course I would not be balanced out of the box (neither is the normal game tbh, just look at mirage etc.) That's what I meant by "could shine a light on needed improvements".

I think that the mode would be helpful for both players and devs perspective on how different the classes have become in terms of powercreep etc. (most of them).

Outside of nerfing every single class heavily to reduce powercreep to pre-hot levels, such a mode would be the best thing to happen to pvp, in my opinion.

Archived