[suggestion] Give us a way to get +5 infusion

phs.6089

Please. A simple +5 infusion, without AR/WvW lines.Could be trough crafting each discipline for own armor, weapon, trinkets.Make them account bound if you decide to.Would love to have a possibility to change stats in MF of somehow else but not so important.

There are already a+4 infusions in game, so the code is there, shouldn't be a problem.

There's no problem creating items with arbitrary stats. The question is: why would they? The existing infusions exist primarily as a sink for materials and currency from specific content; a +5 boost is relatively meaningless for the cost.

It's hard to imagine that they'd create AR+0/Stat+5 infusions that would cost less than the same 90-120 gold we already pay for AR+9/Stat+5 infusions. Then again, there'd be some interesting economic ripples if they cost let's say a stack of ecto (~40g currently) plus 10 cubes of dark energy (=10 balls of DE, plus 750 stabilizing matrices, ~22g), plus a stack of the relevant T5 mats.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:There's no problem creating items with arbitrary stats. The question is: why would they? The existing infusions exist primarily as a sink for materials and currency from specific content; a +5 boost is relatively meaningless for the cost.

It's hard to imagine that they'd create AR+0/Stat+5 infusions that would cost less than the same 90-120 gold we already pay for AR+9/Stat+5 infusions. Then again, there'd be some interesting economic ripples if they cost let's say a stack of ecto (~40g currently) plus 10 cubes of dark energy (=10 balls of DE, plus 750 stabilizing matrices, ~22g), plus a stack of the relevant T5 mats.

Why would they. Good question. As you mentioned 5/9 infusions are costy and work as a mat sink. They are desired by fractals' frequenters and fancy aura lovers.

But the same time ignored by the most of community. If there was a way to get just +5 for the bit less price. How many people would start to put those itno gear? I'm guessing all of them, almost all that don't need AR/WvW attributes but could use some extra primary stats.

If if would be done trough crafting that would bring fresh air into professions and finally make jeweler's relevant.

I wonder how many players there are that are far enough along in the game that the best thing they have to do is make +5 infusions, yet don't do fractals or wvw . . .

For those players I would say the fact that those infusions are only available via fractals or wvw is prolly a good thing, to get them to give a part of the game they don't usually play a(nother) try . . .

@Gop.8713 said:I wonder how many players there are that are far enough along in the game that the best thing they have to do is make +5 infusions, yet don't do fractals or wvw . . .

For those players I would say the fact that those infusions are only available via fractals or wvw is prolly a good thing, to get them to give a part of the game they don't usually play a(nother) try . . .

there are alot. Then please look at the suggestion, Infusions are only for stats, not Agony Resistance or WvW (attributes)e.g. +5 healing nothing else on that infusions that I'm suggestion to introduce.

For instance when I get gear on raiding character I don't need AR. But bonus starts from 18 x 5 would be a great to have.My open world facetanking character doesn't need more stats but I'll work for those +5 for sake of completion

@phs.6089 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I wonder how many players there are that are far enough along in the game that the best thing they have to do is make +5 infusions, yet don't do fractals or wvw . . .

there are alot. Then please look at the suggestion, Infusions are only for stats, not Agony Resistance or WvW (attributes)e.g. +5 healing nothing else on that infusions that I'm suggestion to introduce.

For instance when I get gear on raiding character I don't need AR. But bonus starts from 18 x 5 would be a great to have.My open world facetanking character doesn't need more stats but I'll work for those +5 for sake of completion

I understand the suggestion, what I was saying is those would only be beneficial to players that don't do fractals or wvw, but are far enough along in the game that they've done pretty much everything else, or why would they be worrying about the very marginal benefit of +5 stat infusions. I don't know how many players fit that description -- like those who do raids but not fractals, for example. But for those players it's not a terrible thing to force them out of their rut and into another mode for a bit. I wouldn't personally object at all to +5 infusions being offered through raids as well, I just don't know how many ppl it would benefit and I am pointing out that there are reasons anet sometimes limits acquisition of some things to certain game modes . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@phs.6089 said:

I understand the suggestion, what I was saying is those would only be beneficial to players that don't do fractals or wvw, but are far enough along in the game that they've done pretty much everything else, or why would they be worrying about the very marginal benefit of +5 stat infusions. I don't know how many players fit that description -- like those who do raids but not fractals, for example. But for those players it's not a terrible thing to force them out of their rut and into another mode for a bit. I wouldn't personally object at all to +5 infusions being offered through raids as well, I just don't know how many ppl it would benefit and I am pointing out that there are reasons anet sometimes limits acquisition of some things to certain game modes . . .

There is a reason, agony and lord damage( or something else) that can be beneficial for those game mods.General attributes only imo would be nice and just let it happen and see how many would get 2-3 sets for different characters, let alone what boost it can give the economy and crafting professions.

@phs.6089 said:For instance when I get gear on raiding character I don't need AR. But bonus starts from 18 x 5 would be a great to have.

Well it's simply 18 stat points, not 18x5, because as you said we already have +4 Infusions available for 5 laurels each. Laurels can be traded for as high as 30 silver each, which means the +4 Infusions have an equivalent cost of about 1g 50s each. A potential +5 infusion would probably cost more than that, so as not to make the +4 version obsolete and irrelevant.

The WVW version requires the same 5 laurels and 125 badges of honor, which can be traded for 40 copper each (best value), bringing the total cost for a +5 Infusion to about 2g.

The problem with a possible crafted +5 infusion is that it will either be worthless to make because it's too expensive, or too cheap making the other versions lose their own value, after all who gets WVW infusions for the extra damage to npcs. Market prices shift based on supply and demand

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@phs.6089 said:For instance when I get gear on raiding character I don't need AR. But bonus starts from 18 x 5 would be a great to have.

Well it's simply 18 stat points, not 18x5, because as you said we already have +4 Infusions available for 5 laurels each. Laurels can be traded for as high as 30 silver each, which means the +4 Infusions have an equivalent cost of about 1g 50s each. A potential +5 infusion would probably cost more than that, so as not to make the +4 version obsolete and irrelevant.

The WVW version requires the same 5 laurels and 125 badges of honor, which can be traded for 40 copper each (best value), bringing the total cost for a +5 Infusion to about 2g.

The problem with a possible crafted +5 infusion is that it will either be worthless to make because it's too expensive, or too cheap making the other versions lose their own value, after all who gets WVW infusions for the extra damage to npcs. Market prices shift based on supply and demand

Laurels and WvW badges are timegated. you can get gold for laurels and wvw badges but you can't get laurels and wvw badges with gold.How are simple things like +5 will replace damage from lord and agony resistance?To don't affect marked I have suggested to make them acc bound.They shouldn't be more in value then 5/5 infusion but not cheap as dirt ( or req gimmicky mats cought sigils) to craft

@phs.6089 said:To don't affect marked I have suggested to make them acc bound.Account bound items affect the market as well, it's like saying that Ascended crafting doesn't affect the market (btw: it does).

They shouldn't be more in value then 5/5 infusion but not cheap as dirt ( or req gimmicky mats cought sigils) to craftWhich material should they require? Which material has such a fixed value that it will never be dirt cheap, nor more expensive than 5/5 infusions?

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@phs.6089 said:To don't affect marked I have suggested to make them acc bound.Account bound items affect the market as well, it's like saying that Ascended crafting doesn't affect the market (btw: it does).

They shouldn't be more in value then 5/5 infusion but not cheap as dirt ( or req gimmicky mats
cought
sigils) to craftWhich material should they require? Which material has such a fixed value that it will never be dirt cheap, nor more expensive than 5/5 infusions?

Stabilizing Matrix for instance

Archived