Suggestion: Gem Store Wishlist and Notifications

X T D.6458

I am sure this has been suggested before but anyways, many online retailers allow shoppers to create something like a wish/buy list of items and to be notified when desired items become available or when on discount. Would it be possible to have such a system for the games gem store? It would be helpful for people to not miss those items that only come on sale every few months and only for a few days, especially when playtime is limited.

Nice idea, but I feel that ANet's thinking is that when players are "forced" to log in to check the gem store, they may decide to purchase something else even if the item(s) they really want is or is not available at that time. Having a system like you describe would keep that traffic away from the store.

There are already two ways to do this, although they require you to be more proactive.

Caveat: both options depend on volunteers to keep them up-to-date, although they are rarely more than an hour or three delayed.

I agree this would be very useful for a lot of people, but I also agree that it's unlikely Anet would do this because part of the reason for regularly updating the gem store and making sales and returning items unpredictable is to get us to log in and look at what's available more often. Both because that way you might see and decide to buy something you didn't know you were looking for and because once you're in the game there's more of a chance you'll stick around.

I'd love to go one step further and have a way to buy gems and use them to buy gem store items outside of the game, so if I'm not at home during a sale I can still buy stuff.

There was once I'd been waiting months for bank tabs to go on sale and then when they did it was for about 3 days when I wasn't home at all and had no way to log in, so I contacted Support when the sale was announced and asked if they could remove the gems from my account and credit me the bank tab. Because this was during their massive backlog I didn't get a reply until after I got home, and then what they got me to do was buy a bank tab for full price and then they refunded me the difference between that and the sale price. It did work but it's certainly not an ideal system.

@"kharmin.7683" said:Nice idea, but I feel that ANet's thinking is that when players are "forced" to log in to check the gem store, they may decide to purchase something else even if the item(s) they really want is or is not available at that time. Having a system like you describe would keep that traffic away from the store.

I forgot to add this part, it would be an ingame notification, maybe something like a blinking light by the BLTC icon on the top left of the screen.

Archived