New Scourge

StabbersTheThird.6053

Been testing, along with everyone else it looks like, to make Bunker Scourge ("Blood Scourge"). As it's known, any type of heal on Necro appears to trigger the Rune of Sanctuary which in turn triggers Abrasive Grit. How this works: You hit an enemy, you heal from some source, you get a barrier, when you gain a barrier you gain might+remove a condi. Here's a build. My build. Enjoy. Or don't. This is direct feedback to the community by pointing out in no imprecise terms what is happening.

Necromancer->ScourgeScepter/Torch with Sigil of Agility+ ExposureStaff with Sigil of Absorption+Sigil of DoomRune of Sanctuary and either Sage Amulet or Deadshot Amulet, preference here on Amulet

You will be using Sand Flare, Well of Corruption, Corrupt Boon, Sand Swell, and Ghastly Breach. An easy combo is to Sand Swell into the middle of a fight, swap to Scepter/Torch for the Quickness, and drop either Ghastly Breach (pressure enemies) or Sand Flare (save allies). Another is to just drop a Well of Corruption while holding staff, and use Corrupt Boon + Reaper's Mark to trigger Sigil of Absorption.

Curses for Terrifying Descent, Terror, and Parasitic Contagion. TD is because it's the only not dead trait at that tier, Terror because now we want a Fear build, and PC because nom nom. Nom nom triggers Sanctuary triggers Abrasive Grit.

Blood Magic for Blood Bond, Vampiric Presence, and Vampiric Rituals. Nom nom some more. Heals are good, you like heals.

Scourge for Abrasive Grit (literally mandatory), Unending Corruption (its so fun), and Feed from Corruption. AG makes this build, UC is because it's fun, and FfC is because there is no longer any penalty to your boons leaving. None. Gone? Whatever, take some. Converted to conditions? Ok, one scepter auto clears 4 condis.

Have fun. Scourge is now a tank.

Sanctuary is fine as it is. Traits like Abrasive Grit need to be reworked minorly. Abrasive Grit is the problem for Scourge. Easy fix:

Abrasive Grit is given a 5s ICD.When it is activated it grants 3 might and removes 3 conditions.

Easy adjustsments here for balance: Increase or decrease the ICD, the might granted, the conditions removed, or add " then grant 1s of resistance" to the end if it is far below the curve.

@"StabbersTheThird.6053" said:Sanctuary is fine as it is. Traits like Abrasive Grit need to be reworked minorly. Abrasive Grit is the problem for Scourge. Easy fix:

Abrasive Grit is given a 5s ICD.When it is activated it grants 3 might and removes 3 conditions.

Easy adjustsments here for balance: Increase or decrease the ICD, the might granted, the conditions removed, or add " then grant 1s of resistance" to the end if it is far below the curve.

“Abrasive Grit: This trait now has a 5-second cooldown, and the might it grants has been increased from 2 stacks for 6 seconds to 3 stacks for 8 seconds”

Well there’s a change.

Well new scourge takes the least amount of skill of the meta builds. In that sense, it should not pay off as heavily as (for instance) a Holosmith or a good Spellbreaker. If Scourge took higher amounts of skill, I would say the same. Thing is the Scourge build was literally "you press 1 on your scepter, and you automatically beat every condition build in the game".

@XECOR.2814 said:1 condi clear every 3 secs sounds appropriate. 1 every 5 is bs and indirect nerf to already bad support builds.

People were using scourge as support?Doesnt the nec also have skills, abilities, traits and F2 to cleanse or transfer or consume conditions at a high rate?

Could have sworn Nec has been able to handle conditions above average for years.. also didnt realise how many people actually took AG until sanc runes were released, its all very interesting indeed.

I was under the impression that until sanc runes were introduced, scourges packed boon corruption and already had adequate condition removal tools available but the way this community is blowing up at the moment I guess I was wrong...

All very interesting indeed.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:1 condi clear every 3 secs sounds appropriate. 1 every 5 is bs and indirect nerf to already bad support builds.

People were using scourge as support?Doesnt the nec also have skills, abilities, traits and F2 to cleanse or transfer or consume conditions at a high rate?

Could have sworn Nec has been able to handle conditions above average for years.. also didnt realise how many people actually took AG until sanc runes were released, its all very interesting indeed.

I was under the impression that until sanc runes were introduced, scourges packed boon corruption and already had adequate condition removal tools available but the way this community is blowing up at the moment I guess I was wrong...

All very interesting indeed.

Yes above average condi cleanse on the basis of having no defense to power classes and disgusting projectile weakness having no means of sustain and mobility. Btw all condi cleanses on nec needs target to get hit to condi transfer except consume conditions and f2. F2 clears 1 freaking condition after it was nerfed many patches ago. Btw necro is said to be condi lord but with this patch its condi management went to shit. This combined with many other nerfs on cds, cast times and effectiveness of traits the support scourge gameplay is very very underwhelming right now. Only saving grace is 1 minor trait with gm trait in blood magic that carries groups by rezzing faster with transfusion.

@"StabbersTheThird.6053" said:Well new scourge takes the least amount of skill of the meta builds. In that sense, it should not pay off as heavily as (for instance) a Holosmith or a good Spellbreaker. If Scourge took higher amounts of skill, I would say the same. Thing is the Scourge build was literally "you press 1 on your scepter, and you automatically beat every condition build in the game".

Holo=skill lololol. Youre only chaining aoe cc brooo. Dont t think that you are any better than anyone on scourge if youre on holo. Elixir s carries all bad players because of how broken it is.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@"StabbersTheThird.6053" said:Well new scourge takes the least amount of skill of the meta builds. In that sense, it should not pay off as heavily as (for instance) a Holosmith or a good Spellbreaker. If Scourge took higher amounts of skill, I would say the same. Thing is the Scourge build was literally "you press 1 on your scepter, and you automatically beat every condition build in the game".

Holo=skill lololol. Youre only chaining aoe cc brooo. Dont t think that you are any better than anyone on scourge if youre on holo. Elixir s carries all bad players because of how broken it is.

^^ This.

@kodesh.2851 said:

^^ This.

One of my favorite parts besides taking out guards with infinate blocks with "Nothing can save you!" is killing a engi after they go small 2 times while running hard.

@XECOR.2814 said:

Yes, but as Scourge I was pressing Scepter 1 and nothing else and winning fights against Condi Mirage, Condi Daredevil, Burn Guardian, Condi Engineer, and so on. Holosmith presses more than a single ability. Notice I did not say "it takes skill". I said "it takes more skill to be Holo or Spellbreaker" because they need to press more buttons. Not sure why you hinged on reading my post wrong, but enjoy yourself.

@StabbersTheThird.6053 said:

@StabbersTheThird.6053 said:Well new scourge takes the least amount of skill of the meta builds. In that sense, it should not pay off as heavily as (for instance) a Holosmith or a good Spellbreaker. If Scourge took higher amounts of skill, I would say the same. Thing is the Scourge build was literally "you press 1 on your scepter, and you automatically beat every condition build in the game".

Yes, but as Scourge I was pressing Scepter 1 and nothing else and winning fights against Condi Mirage, Condi Daredevil, Burn Guardian, Condi Engineer, and so on. Holosmith presses more than a single ability. Notice I did not say "it takes skill". I said "it takes more skill to be Holo or Spellbreaker" because they need to press more buttons. Not sure why you hinged on reading my post wrong, but enjoy yourself.

You need to wakeup from your dream.

Archived