A cloneless elite spec?

Amaranthe.3578

While I would like a cloneless elite spec, it would be a lot harder than most think. Would skills like mirror images still be useful? What about traits like rending shatters, shattered concentration, mental anguish, desperate decoy, blinding dissipation, deceptive evasion, bountiful disillusionment, shatter storm, escape artist, maim the disillusioned, and master of fragmentation? All of these skills and traits would have to work with the new elite spec.What about your current weapons that produce a clone on skill use? Would all those skills change function as soon as you trait into the elite spec?

All of these questions have to be solved. The elite spec has to be able to work with every skill and every trait.

@"Xstein.2187" said:While I would like a cloneless elite spec, it would be a lot harder than most think. Would skills like mirror images still be useful? What about traits like rending shatters, shattered concentration, mental anguish, desperate decoy, blinding dissipation, deceptive evasion, bountiful disillusionment, shatter storm, escape artist, maim the disillusioned, and master of fragmentation? All of these skills and traits would have to work with the new elite spec.What about your current weapons that produce a clone on skill use? Would all those skills change function as soon as you trait into the elite spec?

All of these questions have to be solved. The elite spec has to be able to work with every skill and every trait.

I agree. It wont be simple. But the soulbeast was done really nicely.The simplest idea imho is: shatters turn into different skills/perhaps just given range and use "ammo".Instead of generating clones you get "ammo/charges" so all the trates/skills become totally compatible.Perhaps these chatges give you buffs so you can choose to either keep them or shatter.

Actually, I don't think it would be that difficult if it was done like Fabo suggested.

• Illusion-skills would grant an Illusion-'Bubble' per Illusion
  • Phantasm-skills would be performed by the Mesmer instead of an Illusion
  • Traits that buff or affect Illusions would affect the Mesmer instead (s. Soulbeast)

Done.

The only skill which wouldn't work that way is Sword #3 (and I feel it needs the Magnetic Leap treatment anyway). Yes, some skills would appear less useful (e.g. Mirror Images). But why shouldn't different skills be appealing depending on your Elite spec? Yes, some traits or skills might need a split for the respective Elite class (ANet already does so occasionally). But it could work. Giving up some Deception for gaining something else feels reasonable to me (e.g. becoming a less deceptive Bard with Longbow as a harp and having point blanket pulsing songs instead of shatters - make it happen ANet!).

My signature.

Edit: I see you already posted in my thread. I think my idea for a cloneless spec is very sound myself. Like how Soulbeast tweaked the mechanics of pets, I think you can tweek the mechanic of clone abilities to do something else when summoning a clone, and my choice at the time was to make something that more or less automated the shatter process entirely, removing the bust but created an infinite window to grind down opponents and delivering it in a unique way.

Archived